or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Facebook's Slingshot adds 'reactions-to-reactions' in latest update, bypasses reply to unlock

Facebook's Slingshot adds 'reactions-to-reactions' in latest update, bypasses reply to unlock

post #1 of 9
Facebook on Thursday pushed out an update to its Slingshot photo messaging service and app, allowing users to bypass the "reply-to-unlock" mechanic by replying to "reactions" with photos, video or text.

Slingshot version 1.1 looks to loosen restrictions on the "reply-to-unlock" mode of operation, which in many situations required users to respond to an unrelated post if they wanted to carry on a conversation.

With the latest version, users can now respond to a reaction with a photo, video or text.

For example, in the above Slingshot conversation taken from the service's official blog, Joey first sends a picture of a shop, which Drew unlocks by slinging back a photo. Once the photo is unlocked, Slingshot allows Joey to post a "reaction," which in this case was the question, "What shop is this?"

Prior to today's update, Drew's options for reply would be to send a new photo to be unlocked, or react to a different shot from Joey, if one existed. The method was cumbersome and made long back-and-forth conversations difficult.

In addition to the reactions-to-reactions feature, Slingshot now links with Facebook and Address Book contacts for friend discovery. Finally, a new My People tab organizes ongoing conversations in one place for quick access.

Slingshot version 1.1 is available now as a free 11MB download from the App Store.
post #2 of 9
Nobody uses that thing. Everyone's on Kik and Snapchat. Slingshot will be dead within 2 months.
post #3 of 9
Replying with a photo? Guess FB doesn't want people to communicate. Simply reply with a photo, or try to out-funny a previous poster with yet another one-liner to their feed. What a pathetic design, what a pathetic company, what a pathetic piece of crap software.

Facebook May it go down faster than a fluff girl can 'go south'.
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Replying with a photo? Guess FB doesn't want people to communicate. Simply reply with a photo, or try to out-funny a previous poster with yet another one-liner to their feed. What a pathetic design, what a pathetic company, what a pathetic piece of crap software.

Facebook May it go down faster than a fluff girl can 'go south'.

Agreed ... hey wait .. from one of those people down south ... where are they?
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Agreed ... hey wait .. from one of those people down south ... where are they?

They can't speak right now as they have their mouth full.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

They can't speak right now as they have their mouth full.

Can this not be discussed during breakfast time? lol.gif
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #7 of 9
Great. Now we are going to have MORE people busy snapping pictures while NOT watching where they are walking or stopping.
post #8 of 9
Hmmm, is 'reactions-to-reactions' the same as 'chimp-screaming upon chimp-screaming'?

Or is "chimp screaming" only something that happens in forums?

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

post #9 of 9

I have read this a few times and really don't understand WTF is going on. Why be forced to jump through hoops to initiate a chat when so many other services just let you chat?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Facebook's Slingshot adds 'reactions-to-reactions' in latest update, bypasses reply to unlock
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Facebook's Slingshot adds 'reactions-to-reactions' in latest update, bypasses reply to unlock