or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Home button parts claimed to be for Apple's 4.7" & 5.5" 'iPhone 6' units surface with different designs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Home button parts claimed to be for Apple's 4.7" & 5.5" 'iPhone 6' units surface with different...

post #1 of 40
Thread Starter 
A pair of parts claimed to be for both Apple's anticipated 4.7- and 5.5-inch "iPhone 6" models were posted online Friday, showing very different designs not only from each other, but from the current iPhone 5s.


Images via Nowhereelse.fr.


The images shared by Nowhereelse.fr suggest that while the iPhone 5s home button cable looped around with a 180-degree turn, the 4.7-inch "iPhone 6" version will be a straight cable, while the 5.5-inch version may have a slight curve. The parts, if they are indeed legitimate, imply that Apple will have very different internal layouts for both of its anticipated upcoming "iPhone 6" models.

Identification numbers associated with the cables match up with previous leaks and parts from Apple, which bolsters speculation that the parts are indeed legitimate.

Another part pictured in Friday's report is an "induction flex" cable claimed to be from Apple's 4.7-inch model. This part suggests that while the photo sensor was part of the cable on the iPhone 5s, this may change with the "iPhone 6."




The last few weeks have produced a deluge of parts believed to be from Apple's next-generation iPhones, suggesting that production of the handsets is ramping up in the Far East ahead of an anticipated launch this fall. Parts include logic boards, various cables, rear shells, ports, batteries, and front panels.

For the most part these components have not given specifics about the capabilities of the "iPhone 6." For example, one leaked logic board was lacking any chips, but was accompanied by mere claims that the next-generation iPhone will support ultra-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi.

Apple is expected to unveil its next iPhone in two screen sizes at a media event in September. The company traditionally releases the product to the public on a Friday about a week and a half after the device's unveiling.
post #2 of 40
Interesting, the parts we see leaked and the parts we don't. I think these are put out or allowed by Apple. In the past sich parts have leaked, and not affected sales. But we don't see anything we can do anything with. Like an A8. Or a working display. Or a battery. Or a box. Or a camera lens. Mere coincidence? I think not.
post #3 of 40

so obvious the 5.5 is coming.

post #4 of 40
In 2 sizes? Only 2 sizes? I recall seeing surveys of what size phones Apple customers would prefer, and the old 4" phone was way up there in numbers. Apple is going to drop that one? Doesn't seem right. (I know they will keep the 5S around as a cheaper model, but I'm talking about iPhone 6.)
post #5 of 40
I'm curious as to why no one has mentioned an upgrade for the 5c. Is it possible for some parts to be associated with a possible 6c?
post #6 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post

In 2 sizes? Only 2 sizes? I recall seeing surveys of what size phones Apple customers would prefer, and the old 4" phone was way up there in numbers. Apple is going to drop that one? Doesn't seem right. (I know they will keep the 5S around as a cheaper model, but I'm talking about iPhone 6.)

 

Apple replaced the 4S with only one size and did pretty well with it.  

post #7 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post

In 2 sizes? Only 2 sizes? I recall seeing surveys of what size phones Apple customers would prefer, and the old 4" phone was way up there in numbers. Apple is going to drop that one? Doesn't seem right. (I know they will keep the 5S around as a cheaper model, but I'm talking about iPhone 6.)

 

Its time to move on.

 

Same thing happened with iPhone5.  People had to move away from a 3.5 inch screen if they wanted the latest tech.  Same thing here.

post #8 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

Interesting, the parts we see leaked and the parts we don't. I think these are put out or allowed by Apple. In the past sich parts have leaked, and not affected sales. But we don't see anything we can do anything with. Like an A8. Or a working display. Or a battery. Or a box. Or a camera lens. Mere coincidence? I think not.

What can we do with an A8? Besides, we all know it will have an A8. We have already seen battery leaks and case leaks. A camera lens would be nice except that we know Sony makes the cameras for Apple so that would be a Sony leak. These components are leaked because Apple outsources thousands of components to be assembled by several factories throughout Asia. Seem like legitimate leaks to me.

post #9 of 40

This is exciting !!!!

 

/s

post #10 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

so obvious the 5.5 is coming.

How do you know that? I don't see anything on these cables that says "for iPhone 5.5 inch" other that what nowhereelse.fr claims it to be. If someone snaps a blurry picture of a large dark shape in the woods, do you believe the attached claim that it is Bigfoot?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #11 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post


How do you know that? I don't see anything on these cables that says "for iPhone 5.5 inch" other that what nowhereelse.fr claims it to be. If someone snaps a blurry picture of a large dark shape in the woods, do you believe the attached claim that it is Bigfoot?

 

you wanna make a bet?

 

if Apple releases a 5.5 phone in the next 6 months you self ban yourself from posting for a month.

if Apple does not I self ban for 1 month.

 

Deal?

 

Where there is smoke there is fire.  I remember everyone saying the 5C was fake for months last year.

post #12 of 40
Does that iPhone 6 button suggest that the home button might be squared off a little? The pressable area doesn't seem completely round like the iPhone 5S part does.

And what about the iPhone Air (5.5 inch?) part—that looks round but tiny. Are these to scale with each other?
post #13 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
  I remember everyone saying the 5C was fake for months last year.

 

TRUE!

 

"5C is fake".

"Multiple colors? No way...".

"Plastic? WTF! Impossible!"

post #14 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Apple replaced the 4S with only one size and did pretty well with it.  
4 inch is extremly simular size to 3.5, 4.7 is not to 4, there are some that still prefer a move back to 3.5, I think there is likely more that prefer 3.5/4 inch to a 5.5 inch that people don't realize.
post #15 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post


4 inch is extremly simular size to 3.5, 4.7 is not to 4, there are some that still prefer a move back to 3.5, I think there is likely more that prefer 3.5/4 inch to a 5.5 inch that people don't realize.

 

I agree that there are likely more people who prefer 4' to a 5.5' phone.  I'm one of those people.  But I've used a 4.7 inch phone, it's the perfect sweet spot.  IMO, of course.

post #16 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post


How do you know that? I don't see anything on these cables that says "for iPhone 5.5 inch" other that what nowhereelse.fr claims it to be. If someone snaps a blurry picture of a large dark shape in the woods, do you believe the attached claim that it is Bigfoot?

Perhaps Apple have made two different sorts of home button flex, and will randomly decide which one goes into each 4.7" iPhone?

post #17 of 40
Based off the way the home button flex has points to be soldered it points to the iPad Mini receiving Touch ID this year. The current iPad Mini has the home button soldered to it and this only makes sense. With it being a 'compact' design doesn't mean that is is for a future iPhone model. The iPad Mini doesn't have much room to spare right between the digitizer and metal frame for Apple to not make a small design. Also this would make repair by none apple affiliated repair companies very difficult as it is nearly impossible to solder the current home button on the iPad Mini that has 2 solder pins (they are very small), you would need machines to solder it unless you are very good at soldering.
And as for rumors saying Apple will release 2 different models (4.7 and 5.5) at different times it wouldn't make sense. The 5.5 wouldn't cannibalize the 4.7 model. It is too big and the market isn't too big for that model so they wouldn't need to worry or fear that, and why would that be bad if the big phone sold more? It will be price higher than the smaller model, i'm sure they would like to rake in more money from a bigger model that doesn't cost much more to produce.
post #18 of 40

I can see Apple once they faze out the iPhone 5S in 2 years creating a 4 inch model for the people that want it. It only makes sense. Or they will keep the iPhone 5S around for many years to come since it does have a desktop class processor that out performs many if not all the Android phones with multiple cores when it is a dual-core chip. 

post #19 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

 

Where there is smoke there is fire.  

 

but wheres the smoke? how do these parts identify themselves at 5.5" parts?

post #20 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post

Perhaps Apple have made two different sorts of home button flex, and will randomly decide which one goes into each 4.7" iPhone?

For all we know, the parts shown could be for a future iPad or parts that were produced for an in-house prototype. It might even be from a 5.5" iPhone. There's nothing in the part that says what size the screen will be. You might as well take a picture of a USB plug and claim its from a new keyboard that's going to be 18.5" long.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #21 of 40

 

If these images are to scale, wouldn’t that prove that the 5.5” device is an iPod touch?

 

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
so obvious the 5.5 is coming.

 

So obvious that you know nothing whatsoever.

 

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

you wanna make a bet?

 

You want to stop this nonsense?

 
I remember everyone saying the 5C was fake for months last year.

 

I remember “everyone” saying the 2.5” iPhone mini was real for months in 2008. I remember “everyone” saying the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 would be released at the same time for months in 2011. I remember “everyone” saying that Apple was making an HDTV for months in 2012.

 

Want me to continue?

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #22 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post


4 inch is extremly simular size to 3.5, 4.7 is not to 4, there are some that still prefer a move back to 3.5, I think there is likely more that prefer 3.5/4 inch to a 5.5 inch that people don't realize.

 

some people still prefer typewrites to PC's.

some people still prefer VCR's to DVD's

post #23 of 40
I need to know about the u-bend cable.
MacBook Pro 17" early-2011 with 8GB RAM, , Apple TV 3rd Gen, iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
Reply
MacBook Pro 17" early-2011 with 8GB RAM, , Apple TV 3rd Gen, iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
Reply
post #24 of 40
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

some people still prefer typewrites to PC's.

some people still prefer VCR's to DVD's


It’d be great if your analogy was in any way valid. But you’re just making yourself look ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #25 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by atokosch View Post
 

I can see Apple once they faze out the iPhone 5S in 2 years creating a 4 inch model for the people that want it. It only makes sense. Or they will keep the iPhone 5S around for many years to come since it does have a desktop class processor that out performs many if not all the Android phones with multiple cores when it is a dual-core chip. 

 

IMO there will be no 5S this year after the 6 is released.

 

5C -

6C - 4 inch screen, plastic, A7, touch ID (basically 5S in plastic)

6 - 4.7

6L - 5.5

 

The 5/5S is incredibly expensive to make.  Don't think they will be willing to make those phones at a $100 discount.

 

Apple wants to make a clear barrier between the high end phones (metal) and mid end (plastic)

post #26 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 


It’d be great if your analogy was in any way valid. But you’re just making yourself look ridiculous.

 

did you notice all the 15 inch TV's at the store? No?  Or tube TV's?

 

Time's have changed.  The vast majority of buyers want larger phones.

 

Either deal with it or live on Mars.

post #27 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

 

If these images are to scale, wouldn’t that prove that the 5.5” device is an iPod touch?

 

 

So obvious that you know nothing whatsoever.

 

 

You want to stop this nonsense?

 

I remember “everyone” saying the 2.5” iPhone mini was real for months in 2008. I remember “everyone” saying the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 would be released at the same time for months in 2011. I remember “everyone” saying that Apple was making an HDTV for months in 2012.

 

Want me to continue?

 

No.  But I do want you to show how convinced you are by agree to my friendly wager.

 

I'm not basing my convicition in a 5.5 screen from the leaks.  I'm basing it on the market and what it wants.

post #28 of 40
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

did you notice all the 15 inch TV's at the store? No?  Or tube TV's?

 

YOUR ANALOGY IS COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS. Please do not continue with it.

 
Time's have changed.

 

Pockets haven’t.

 

The vast majority of buyers want larger phones.

 

The opposite is true, as seen by all sales numbers.

 

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

No.  But I do want you to show how convinced you are by agree to my friendly wager.

 

I’m not convinced of anything. There is nothing friendly about your wager.

 
I'm not basing my convicition in a 5.5 screen from the leaks.  I'm basing it on the market and what it wants. 

 

The market doesn’t want it. The market doesn’t buy it. The market says the opposite of what you are claiming.

 

Now try again.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #29 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

YOUR ANALOGY IS COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS. Please do not continue with it.

 

 

The opposite is true, as seen by all sales numbers.

 

 

I’m not convinced of anything. There is nothing friendly about your wager.

 

The market doesn’t want it. The market doesn’t buy it. The market says the opposite of what you are claiming.

 

Now try again.

 

My analogy is companies try to provide what the customers want.  Customers want larger screens.  Did you not see the slide in the Samsung/Apple case that showed that Apple knows customers want larger phones?  (see pic below...duh dum!)

 

Sales numbers show that 500,000,000 phones larger than 4 inches were sold last year.

 

If customers don't want larger screens why is Apple releasing a 4.7 inch phone?  Why not stick to 4 inches if that's the perfect size?

 

post #30 of 40
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

My analogy is companies try to provide what the customers want. Customers want larger screens.

 

And that’s where it falls apart. They don’t.

 
Did you not see the slide in the Samsung/Apple case that showed that Apple knows customers want larger phones?  (see pic below...duh dum!)

 

 

Uh… so that explains Samsung’s ruined sales numbers and Apple’s increasing sales numbers how? So that explains why people AREN’T buying the larger phones in the same numbers as smaller ones how? The slide shows that I am right, by the way.

 
Sales numbers show that 500,000,000 phones larger than 4 inches were sold last year.

 

 

No, they don’t. Lies show that.

 
If customers don't want larger screens why is Apple releasing a 4.7 inch phone?

 

 

Thanks for all the proof.

 
Why not stick to 4 inches if that's the perfect size?

 

 

You have said this is impossible. You cannot ask this question while trying to retain your original argument.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

And that’s where it falls apart. They don’t.

 

Uh… so that explains Samsung’s ruined sales numbers and Apple’s increasing sales numbers how? So that explains why people AREN’T buying the larger phones in the same numbers as smaller ones how? The slide shows that I am right, by the way.

 

No, they don’t. Lies show that.

 

Thanks for all the proof.

 

You have said this is impossible. You cannot ask this question while trying to retain your original argument.

 

You seriously don't think Apple is making a phone larger than 4 inches this year?

post #32 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

And that’s where it falls apart. They don’t.

 

Uh… so that explains Samsung’s ruined sales numbers and Apple’s increasing sales numbers how? So that explains why people AREN’T buying the larger phones in the same numbers as smaller ones how? The slide shows that I am right, by the way.

 

No, they don’t. Lies show that.

 

Thanks for all the proof.

 

You have said this is impossible. You cannot ask this question while trying to retain your original argument.

 

Dude get with the times.

 

Read this:

https://medium.com/@somospostpc/a-comprehensive-look-at-smartphone-screen-size-statistics-and-trends-e61d77001ebe

 

Smartphones with 4.5" screens or more were ~10% two years ago, now they represent ~80% of all new models

 

It took five years for the average screen size to get from 3" to 4", but only two more to get to the current average of 5"

 

 

If you didn't think the majority of smartphones now are larger than 4 inches than you must be living under a rock.

 

About a BILLION smartphones were sold in 2013

http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2665715

 

Do the math. 

Apple sold about 150,000,000 smartphones in 2013.

 

One third of smartphones are LARGER than 5 inches

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/05/14/smartphone-five-inch-totals/

 

That means at least 300,000,000 smartphones had screens larger than 5 inches.

Now throw in the 60,000,000 5 inch Samsung Galaxy S4's.

That's over 360,000,000 right there

post #33 of 40
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

You seriously don't think Apple is making a phone larger than 4 inches this year?

 

I don’t recall saying that.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

Its time to move on.

 

Same thing happened with iPhone5.  People had to move away from a 3.5 inch screen if they wanted the latest tech.  Same thing here.

Why is it time to move on? I liked the 3.5 inch screen better because it is most natural to my hand. The only bad part about it was that it wasn't 16:9. Apple picked the 3.5 inch size to begin with for a reason: it worked with the human hand. There's no way they can claim that suddenly in 2014, they know better, and now all customers must have larger screens. Of course some people prefer larger sizes. I have zero problem with Apple offering more (and larger) sizes. But forcing customers bigger (after the move to 16:9) doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

 

Also, regarding all your talk about the market decides what companies build: it's not hard to manipulate the market. That's the whole point of advertising, no? Its purpose is to create demand where none (or less) previously existed.


Edited by Sporlo - 8/1/14 at 1:03pm
post #35 of 40
I love to use my phone with one hand. Having said that, the 4.7 should be ok if they adjust the OS to make interface thumb accesible. Making bezels smaller and overall size slimmer with rounded corners will make it more comfortable to use also.

On the whole though, a killer feature would be a 24 hour battery while running the phone at full blast.
post #36 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

you wanna make a bet?

if Apple releases a 5.5 phone in the next 6 months you self ban yourself from posting for a month.
if Apple does not I self ban for 1 month.

Deal?

Where there is smoke there is fire.  I remember everyone saying the 5C was fake for months last year.

You misunderstand me. You seem to infer that I don't think the iPhone 5.5" is real, but that's something you invented in your own mind. You seem to think opinions and "who's right and wrong" are all that matter, but I do not care about that. Opinions are worthless. I care about what I know and what I don't know. I care about facts and non-facts.

Your argument is: "[this part photo makes it] so obvious the 5.5 is coming."
The unproven assertion behind it is: this part is from the 5.5" iPhone.

Can you prove that? What evidence in the part photo proves the screen size? There's nothing "so obvious" about these part photos.

To me, it's not whether I think that an iPhone 5.5" will exist, or whether I think this part is from that rumored product. It's about whether I know those things to be factually true. And I know enough to know that I don't know these to be factually true.

Do you understand the difference? Or are you like the millions of people who blur fact and fiction into one hazy soup of beliefs?

I remain skeptical. You appear to lack skepticism. Why does that matter? If I posted a picture of something that was anonymously claimed to be a "hair sample from a 5.5 inch tall Bigfoot," you would, using the same lazy standard of logic, have to conclude that a 5.5 inch tall Bigfoot exists. Because someone anonymous told you that, and you don't question their assertions.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #37 of 40

I'm more concerned that people around here seem to know what every single person in the world wants...

 

Please get out of my head.

Insert Witty Comment Here
Reply
Insert Witty Comment Here
Reply
post #38 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post

I love to use my phone with one hand. Having said that, the 4.7 should be ok if they adjust the OS to make interface thumb accesible. Making bezels smaller and overall size slimmer with rounded corners will make it more comfortable to use also.

On the whole though, a killer feature would be a 24 hour battery while running the phone at full blast.

My sentiments, too.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post


You misunderstand me. You seem to infer that I don't think the iPhone 5.5" is real, but that's something you invented in your own mind. You seem to think opinions and "who's right and wrong" are all that matter, but I do not care about that. Opinions are worthless. I care about what I know and what I don't know. I care about facts and non-facts.

Your argument is: "[this part photo makes it] so obvious the 5.5 is coming."
The unproven assertion behind it is: this part is from the 5.5" iPhone.

Can you prove that? What evidence in the part photo proves the screen size? There's nothing "so obvious" about these part photos.

To me, it's not whether I think that an iPhone 5.5" will exist, or whether I think this part is from that rumored product. It's about whether I know those things to be factually true. And I know enough to know that I don't know these to be factually true.

Do you understand the difference? Or are you like the millions of people who blur fact and fiction into one hazy soup of beliefs?

I remain skeptical. You appear to lack skepticism. Why does that matter? If I posted a picture of something that was anonymously claimed to be a "hair sample from a 5.5 inch tall Bigfoot," you would, using the same lazy standard of logic, have to conclude that a 5.5 inch tall Bigfoot exists. Because someone anonymous told you that, and you don't question their assertions.

 

I have concluded that the 5.5 model is coming out because of many things.

 

The numerous leaks of parts.  But most importantly the market wants these phablets (especially China).  Apple is going to give it to them.  

 

Apple was willing to go bigger with the 4.7.  The 5.5 is just the next logical step to close all the gaps in their product line.

 

The main reason Samsung reached its popularity was because of larger screens.  Do you really think Apple will allow Samsung to hold this advantage for another TWO YEARS?  Hell no.  

post #40 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

The main reason Samsung reached its popularity was because of larger screens.  Do you really think Apple will allow Samsung to hold this advantage for another TWO YEARS?  Hell no.

This advantage doesn't seem to be helping their profits:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/30/5953603/samsung-sales-and-profits-down-q2-2014

20% profit drop since last year. Even unit volume of their mainstream model matches last year's and phablets at 1/10th the units. Meanwhile Apple has record earnings results and unit growth. It would almost lead you to believe that having a comfortably sized phone that people use as a phone is the advantage.

4.7" is just a bit beyond comfortable but it seems to be the most popular size so that move isn't all that bad. 5.5" on the other hand is not comfortable to use, as mentioned by the people who own and use them. It goes against Apple's distaste for convergent devices. Apple doesn't make a hybrid laptop because they compromise on either the laptop or the tablet functionality. A convergent phablet is not a tablet, it will not behave like an iPad mini. It's just a giant phone that makes people using them look ridiculous because they are the size of POS devices.

The following is a guy with a big enough hand and the 5.5" device he's holding still looks silly:



Just because there's a market for something doesn't mean Apple has to satisfy it. There's a resurgence of those friendship bracelets going on just now:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27974401

Just because it's popular doesn't make it respectable.

Apple also has an upcoming iPad revision so there could easily be touch id parts or other components for the next iPad in the supply chain.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Home button parts claimed to be for Apple's 4.7" & 5.5" 'iPhone 6' units surface with different designs
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Home button parts claimed to be for Apple's 4.7" & 5.5" 'iPhone 6' units surface with different designs