or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple officially closes on $3B purchase of Beats headphones & streaming service
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple officially closes on $3B purchase of Beats headphones & streaming service - Page 3

post #81 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post
 

 

I haven't been able to find this in any thread.  Can you post a link? 

 

 

 

 

there are dozens more littered on this website

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #82 of 139
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

there are dozens more littered on this website


None of those in any way prove what we have asked of you. Don’t try again. I already used the search and found absolutely nothing.

post #83 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 


None of those in any way prove what we have asked of you. Don’t try again. I already used the search and found absolutely nothing.

 

stay in denial

 

So obvious those shots at Dr Dre were racist.

And how about saying the headphones are for food court THUGS.  I wonder what race that's referring to?

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #84 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:
You sound like the 13 year-old whelp who has no idea why you would need a belt.

I know you didn’t intend both meanings, but it’s pretty funny to consider both the punishment and the “pants around the ankles” angle. 

1rolleyes.gif No matter how old a joke is, there is always someone who thinks they are the first person to figure it out.
post #85 of 139
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

stay in denial

 

Either shut up or back your claims.

post #86 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


But Apple's not really known for great headphones. I think Apple could improve the quality of the design. But that's a tricky situation as Beats stuff has been designed by Robert Brunner's design firm and he's the guy who hired Jony Ive at Apple and was his boss there for 4 years until he left and a Ive replaced him. It will be interesting to see what Apple does. Do they use the Beats brand to expand further into the accessories market? Or are they hands off and just milk the current stuff?

 

I'm pretty sure Apple has a plan, and a strategy. They've asked the questions you just asked, and answered them for themselves months and years ago. It's not like they decided to buy Beats yesterday, and are now thinking "now what?". 

 

Beats are insanely popular, they look stylish (except that one product you keep spamming, that I've never seen in stores, and probably will be discontinued), they have an extremely powerful brand name, and the mainstream are willing to pay a big premium for them. All that combined is pretty valuable. Yes, Apple could have invested millions and billions, as well as valuable time, energy and focus to create their own headphone line-without a guarantee of success- but this move makes more sense on many levels. 

post #87 of 139
Hey Sog35 a.k.a Kanye West, there are no references to "black gangsters". You seem oblivious to the real world, as there are lots of white thugs who like gangsta rap.

As usual, every time you open your mouth, fiction comes out of it.

Anyone can create a fake narrative but doesn't mean the rest of us are dumb enough to believe it.

Two reasons Hip Hop is not as popular as other genres in the USA. The black population is roughly 14% only. Eminem, and now Iggy Azalea, have made it more popular among Caucasians/whites but nowhere as successful as Elvis Presley in achieving that goal. The second reason and the reason Presley was a huge hit versus Eminem let's say is that Hip Hop culture is not as appealing as Rock culture. This may hurt your feelings and ego but it is the truth.

Love to hear you once again talking out of your a$$... It's always bullshit, unfortunately.
post #88 of 139

Bottom line is Beats makes very good sounding headphones that are very portable (foldable) and are very stylish.  Many of you are judging the old Beats models that did not sound very good.  Those were engineered by Monster.  Beats fired them and did the engineering themself.  Since last Fall the new models have gotten very good reviews for sound quality.  Of course they are not top rated by audiofiles.  But that's not Beats target market anyway.  I'll give you an example.  There are incredibly great vaccum cleaners you can buy that are professional level.  They are the same price as Dyson vaccum's but are way better.  So why do people buy Dyson instead of these professional brands?  

 

So my point is why is there so much unwarranted hate for Beats?  They own 80% of the highend consumer market.  They are growing extremely fast.  They make great profits and margins.  Their name is huge with young demo's.  So why all the hate?  The only conclusion I could reach is fear and prejudice.  And many of the comments on this forum confirm that.  

 

I think this picture says it all.  

The other headphone is the top rated under $200 headphone vs the Beats Solo2 that is $199.

 

I mean really.  The other one looks so clunky.  I'd never wear that outside.

 

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #89 of 139
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

I'd never wear that outside.

 

 

Why are these being worn outside anyway? Get a quality headphone and have it never leave the house.

post #90 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Why are these being worn outside anyway? Get a quality headphone and have it never leave the house.

 

Are you living under a rock?

 

You dont see people wearing headphones on their way to work on the subway, bus, ect?

 

I mean really.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #91 of 139
Dear Sog35 a.k.a Kanye West. So why do people buy Dyson over better quality vacuums at same price, assuming your anecdote is true since you did not mention any other vacuum makes by name (you have a strong tendency of relaying fiction)? Hype and consumer ignorance! It's the only explanation. I'm not buying a vacuum cleaner because my visiting relatives will think it has a beautiful appearance.

Fabric and purpose are more important than style. If your fabric and purpose are not correct, style could never make it appealing to the masses.

I would never wear leather jogging pants to do a run on the treadmill or in the streets. This product would never reach the masses because the fabric is not correct for the intended purpose. It takes a person with a warped personality or with warped ideals to wear something like that for jogging. 95%-99% of the public are happy that these types of people are mostly rare.

Truth is, headphones are popular with the bigger music fans. Not everyone is passionate over music and the testament can be found in the number of EarPods users vs pricier headphone users.

By the way, it seems you got help from your buddies Iovine and Young to write your post.
post #92 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post

Dear Sog35 a.k.a Kanye West. So why do people buy Dyson over better quality vacuums at same price, assuming your anecdote is true since you did not mention any other vacuum makes by name (you have a strong tendency of relaying fiction)? Hype and consumer ignorance! It's the only explanation. I'm not buying a vacuum cleaner because my visiting relatives will think it has a beautiful appearance.

 

 

Proteam backback vacs are easier to use and blow away the Dyson and cost the same.  They will last 5x longer than the Dyson.

 

So why do people buy Dyson instead of a pro vac like the Proteam?  Because the Dyson looks great.  Dyson markets heavily.  And the Dyson seems easier to use (which is actually not true.  A backpack vacum is much easier)

 

Now we are talking about Headphones which are even more about style.  Its something people wear EVERYDAY in PUBLIC.  My example about Dyson is to show that even for things that have very little to do with style, looks still matter.  And they definitely matter when it comes to something you wear everyday in public.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #93 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Proteam backback vacs are easier to use and blow away the Dyson and cost the same.  They will last 5x longer than the Dyson.

So why do people buy Dyson instead of a pro vac like the Proteam?  Because the Dyson looks great.  Dyson markets heavily.  And the Dyson seems easier to use (which is actually not true.  A backpack vacum is much easier)

Now we are talking about Headphones which are even more about style.  Its something people wear EVERYDAY in PUBLIC.  My example about Dyson is to show that even for things that have very little to do with style, looks still matter.  And they definitely matter when it comes to something you wear everyday in public.
So your basically saying consumers are ignorant(dumb) for buying a hyped up product based on appearance. You don't seem prepared to explicitly admit that customers are dumb for choosing a vacuum cleaner based on appearance and lies. Look yourself in the mirror and then come back and tell us that a Dyson vacuum cleaner is a better product because of better appearance (a facade) and more believable lies to generate more illegitimate sales. Truly, the Dyson sold more because of lies than appearance... You are delusional if you think the Dyson was mainly bought on appearance versus the lies... If the lies did not exist no one would buy the Dyson and that's a fact... This is why substance (fabric and purpose) is more important than style. Appearance is more important when trying to sell a lie. You need an education in Marketing before attempting to teach unsuspecting students and unqualified teachers.

By the way, the other headphone in your picture is likely manufactured for indoor use so the comparison is not fair. To clarify, would you wear studio grade headphones outside and wear Beats in the studio?

People always focused on appearances and gaining through lies have either warped values or low self-esteem.

I can never say this enough: Every time you open your mouth fiction comes out of it.
post #94 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post


So your basically saying consumers are ignorant(dumb) for buying a hyped up product based on appearance. 

 

No.  I'm saying different consumers have different priorities.  Some want performance at all costs.  Some want a combination of performance and looks.  That does not make them ignorant or dumb.  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post


 Truly, the Dyson sold more because of lies than appearance... You are delusional if you think the Dyson was mainly bought on appearance versus the lies... If the lies did not exist no one would buy the Dyson and that's a fact... 
 

 

So appearance for the Dyson does not matter?  So why does Samsung and a half dozen other brands have made carbon copies of the Dyson design in their own vaccums?  In fact Dyson threatened to sue Samsung for this.  If Dyson's success was just about lies why don't other vaccum companies also tell lies?  

 

So Dyson is only successful because of lies?  Who speaking FICTION now?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post


 Appearance is more important when trying to sell a lie. You need an education in Marketing before attempting to teach unsuspecting students and unqualified teachers.
 

 

My background is in accounting and finance.  I don't need an education in Marketing to understand what customers want and what they don't want.  Appearance is VERY IMPORTANT.  Its one of the reasons why Apple products are so successful. So are you telling me Apple is telling lies also?  You can believe all you want that appearance does not matter.  But you are fooling yourself.  The entire auto industry is based on appearance. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post


By the way, the other headphone in your picture is likely manufactured for indoor use so the comparison is not fair. To clarify, would you wear studio grade headphones outside and wear Beats in the studio?
 

 

Find me a non-studio headphone that looks just as good as the Solo2, cost the same or less ($199) and sounds better........

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post


People always focused on appearances and gaining through lies have either warped values or low self-esteem.

I can never say this enough: Every time you open your mouth fiction comes out of it.

 

So Apple must be gaining on lies then?  

 

I don't speak fiction.  You need to learn the difference between fiction and an opinion.  Just because my opinion is not the same as yours that does not mean I speak fiction.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #95 of 139
Dear Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West, at least you recognize that very few people buy based on style only but many do buy based on performance only which strengthens the view that substance is more important than style for every rational consumer.

You're not a so-called bean counter. Can anyone say "fiction"? Even they know that Apple makes sure that the substance is completely correct because a pretty appearance with incorrect substance does not sell as well as a pretty appearance with correct substance. A pretty appearance with zero substance does not sell.

Beats Solo2 headphones are basically designed for outside wear because they are forced to sacrifice audio quality to get a smaller sized headphone for style purposes. Indoor headphones will be higher audio quality because they don't sacrifice size as style is not important indoors. I am not a headphone enthusiast so if you know a company that specifically manufactures a headphone for outside wear let us know and compare it to Beats Solo2.

According to you, Dyson is a crappy vacuum. According to you, people primarily buy Dyson because they are a pretty product. Wrong. They buy because they believe it is a good product (their opinions are formed from lies and misperceptions), the beautiful style is an added bonus... Consumers are ignorant if they believe lies being told by marketers or anyone not proven to be trusted. Is Samsung copying Dyson strategy or do they really have a good product and copying Dyson style? Doesn't matter because your point is moot.

Yes there will always be irrational consumers who put style ahead of substance when buying a vacuum or automobile, but rational consumers style is not the main deciding factor in a vacuum or auto purchase... It's an added bonus.

Your opinion is fiction when your opinion is blatantly false. I suspect you have an album coming out soon following last year's flop. Hopefully you've learned from your mistakes. By the way, your diss of Justin Timberlake and Jay Z's perfectly performed and appealing collaboration was uncalled for.
post #96 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post


Your opinion is fiction when your opinion is blatantly false. I suspect you have an album coming out soon following last year's flop. Hopefully you've learned from your mistakes. By the way, your diss of Justin Timberlake and Jay Z's perfectly performed and appealing collaboration was uncalled for.

 

By definition an opinion can never be false.  Never.

 

Someone can say they hate strawberry's.  That's not a false statement.  That's an opinion. 

 

My whole point is appearance is a huge factor in consumer goods. 

 

Do you seriously think someone would buy a brand new car if they think its UGLY?  It does not matter how many features it has, how reliable it is.  If a car is UGLY to someone they are not buying it.  Same can be said about houses.  Same can be said about shoes.  Designer bags.  Jewelry.  Suits.  Sunglasses.  Watches.  And Headphones. 

 

From recent reviews the Solo2 headphones also sound very good.  People love the entire package.  Beautiful headphones, a cool brand, great resale value, great bass, and very good sounding.  Are they the best sounding headphones for the price?  Of course not.   People don't care. 

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #97 of 139
Dear Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West, an opinion can be true. An opinion can also be false if the one expressing it has absolutely no clue what he is talking about. Love and hate are words to describe one's personal tastes. Personal tastes are objective attachments of how one feels and are not opinions. However a person can be temporarily confused about his innate tastes while other persons can lie about their tastes for nefarious reasons.

A rational person does not use style in making a final purchasing decision. It's an added bonus. They buy what they need in a price range they budgeted for. Not too many cars and houses are ugly therefore they are usually lucky to get a decent looking car or house that meets their needs within their budget. A house can be renovated to increase market value for personal gain. Buying an ugly house is not a big deal if the price is right and meets the new owner's needs while the appearance can be remodelled at low cost to increase its market value. What you wear on your body is geared to making you look good or at least presentable. There are lots to choose from in jewellery, watches, designer bags, shoes and clothes in every price range so it is not too difficult to find a decent looking item that meets one's needs. A rational person will buy a Beats Solo2 headphone if it meets his audio needs... style and resale value are added bonuses.

It doesn't surprise me that you believe everyone is a blind follower. It's an inherent part of the Kanye West personal belief system. Not many buy into your fiction. Kanye West is not what I call a rational person in the majority of situations.
post #98 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post


A rational person does not use style in making a final purchasing decision.

 

 

LOL.  If you truly believe that you are ignorant.  Tell me why do people spend $1000 for a Louis Vutton bag when a bag of a similiar quality can be had for $200.

 

And could you refresh my memory and tell me  exactly what I said was blatantly FALSE?

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #99 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post

A rational person does not use style in making a final purchasing decision. It's an added bonus. They buy what they need in a price range they budgeted for. 

If that were true, then just about everything Ive has ever done is wrong.  You don't think Apple consistently applies form over function?

 

You may think that it's not rational to use style when making a purchasing decision, but billions of people see value in style and if they perceive such value then I think it's unfair to claim that they're not rational as you would have to claim that most people in the western world (at least) are not rational in their purchasing decisions.  In fact, I would say that style, defined as the look of the product, is the primary factor most people use in choosing a product within the price range they're willing to pay.  How many people really analyze all the specifications to make a purchasing decision?

 

If you're correct, then we should all be wearing plastic bags instead of fashionable clothes or at the very least, we should be wearing the same clothes we wore 20, 30 years ago as long as they still fit and haven't worn out.   And Henry Ford was also right - the car manufacturers should only produce cars painted in black.  

post #100 of 139
Dear Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West, A person who pays $1000 instead of $200 for a similar quality product is primarily buying a "price tag", "style" or its "resale value", which is irrational unless the product is better at meeting his practical needs within his budgeted purchase range of $200 to $1000.

The list is long but will only mention the main one related to our conversation thread: it is blatantly false/wrong to say or imply that a purchase is rational if primarily based on other than the intended purpose and quality of the product to meet the practical needs of the customer within his/her budgeted range.
post #101 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

If that were true, then just about everything Ive has ever done is wrong.  You don't think Apple consistently applies form over function?

You may think that it's not rational to use style when making a purchasing decision, but billions of people see value in style and if they perceive such value then I think it's unfair to claim that they're not rational as you would have to claim that most people in the western world (at least) are not rational in their purchasing decisions.  In fact, I would say that style, defined as the look of the product, is the primary factor most people use in choosing a product within the price range they're willing to pay.  How many people really analyze all the specifications to make a purchasing decision?

If you're correct, then we should all be wearing plastic bags instead of fashionable clothes or at the very least, we should be wearing the same clothes we wore 20, 30 years ago as long as they still fit and haven't worn out.   And Henry Ford was also right - the car manufacturers should only produce cars painted in black.  
To keep your irrational argument short I have bolded the basis of it and will respond. There are good shoppers and bad shoppers. Essentially, anyone making a decision that disregards the practical needs of the customer as the primary factor in selecting a product is irrational.

If someone correctly ascertains that wearing plastic bags or wearing outdated clothing will meet their practical needs for specific situations, which may have demands of their own, then they have made a rational choice.

Nothing wrong with customer options, but if the product I desperately required to meet my practical needs comes only in one color, and color is not a factor in meeting my practical needs, I am not going to let it reverse my purchase decision. It would be irrational to use color as the determining factor in this situation.
post #102 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post

Dear Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West, A person who pays $1000 instead of $200 for a similar quality product is primarily buying a "price tag", "style" or its "resale value", which is irrational unless the product is better at meeting his practical needs within his budgeted purchase range of $200 to $1000.

 

 

Brand power is a fact of life.  People are willing to pay more more a premium brand. 

It may not make sense in your small world but its a fact of life.

 

Does it make economic sense to own a dog?  So are you going to say that's irrational also?  Life isn't only about money.  You need to get that out of your head.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post


The list is long but will only mention the main one related to our conversation thread: it is blatantly false/wrong to say or imply that a purchase is rational if primarily based on other than the intended purpose and quality of the product to meet the practical needs of the customer within his/her budgeted range.

 

Wrong.  So many purchases are made for non practical reasons.  Is there a practical reason to buy a 600 horsepower car?  No. 

 

Again you need to live in the REAL WORLD.  Not some text book world straight out of ECON101.  People buy stuff for various reasons.  People buy LUXURY goods not for practical purposes but because it brings them joy, confidence, prestige, ect.  Saying that is irrational is straight up condescending and ignorant.

 

So try again.  What I said is not a FALSEHOOD.  If it was there would be no such thing as Louis Vutton, Ferrari, Tiffany, ect.


Edited by sog35 - 8/4/14 at 12:38pm
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #103 of 139
Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West, Being a collector of fine things and bragging about it will bring joy to some people while making their audience drool over their wealth and possessions. It may be practical to televise those expensive shopping sprees to increase or maintain ratings. But in the end, these purchases will have little personal use as they are mostly intended to generate business revenues for people out of touch with common families under restricted budgets. A sizeable portion of the population like to watch a clueless rich person blow their money wad on mostly unnecessary products just for the sake of spending money for show. Yet most of the population believe they are out of touch with reality.

There are probably cheaper ways to receive joy like saving money on a purchase that brings equal benefits than an overpriced brand name product.

Materially-obsessed or any obsessed person are not usually rational people as it pertains to the obsession.
post #104 of 139
There are some simultaneous practical needs for owning pets such as: home security, personal security, guides, rodent control, entertainment, after-work relaxation, etc... Yet, do you really need the most expensive breed to accomplish these tasks? Not necessarily.

In a capitalist economy, the goal is: the preservation of wealth. Earning a large income while living a modest material lifestyle similar to the common man is something to be proud of and helps to keep this wealthy person grounded in reality. I.e. Warren Buffet. A person like this receives material prestige simply because of his savings total while remaining grounded in the material life of the common man. Someone who spends very little on unnecessary consumer goods is more qualified in preserving wealth than someone who spends more for whatever reason. It is simple financial math. Does not need personal material possessions in competition with wealthy friends to boost his ego or confidence... A simple game of Chess will suffice.
post #105 of 139
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

You dont see people wearing headphones on their way to work on the subway, bus, ect?

 

I see fools wearing huge headphones and/or blaring music such that they couldn’t possibly hear anything around them, sure.

 

Your question has nothing to do with what I said, however.

post #106 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post

Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West, Being a collector of fine things and bragging about it will bring joy to some people while making their audience drool over their wealth and possessions. It may be practical to televise those expensive shopping sprees to increase or maintain ratings. But in the end, these purchases will have little personal use as they are mostly intended to generate business revenues for people out of touch with common families under restricted budgets. A sizeable portion of the population like to watch a clueless rich person blow their money wad on mostly unnecessary products just for the sake of spending money for show. Yet most of the population believe they are out of touch with reality.

There are probably cheaper ways to receive joy like saving money on a purchase that brings equal benefits than an overpriced brand name product.

Materially-obsessed or any obsessed person are not usually rational people as it pertains to the obsession.

 

So your suggestion is not to spend money even if you have Billions?

So you can take the money with you to the grave?  Really?

 

Do you have an iPhone/iPad/Mac?  Then you are buying luxury products yourself.  You could have bought a generic Android/PC for much less.  

 

People spend money on different things.  As long as they can afford it and it doesn't hurt anyone else who cares?  Why are you so judgemental of those buy stuff?

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #107 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

I see fools wearing huge headphones and/or blaring music such that they couldn’t possibly hear anything around them, sure.

 

Your question has nothing to do with what I said, however.

 

I see a hint of prejudice/generalization in that comment.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #108 of 139
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

I see a hint of prejudice/generalization in that comment.

 

Good for you. You don’t see or hear what I see and hear, however, so that’s you.

post #109 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post

There are some simultaneous practical needs for owning pets such as: home security, personal security, guides, rodent control, entertainment, after-work relaxation, etc... Yet, do you really need the most expensive breed to accomplish these tasks? Not necessarily.
 

 

YvesVilleneuve AKA Dalai Lama - Even the cheapest breed will cost thousands to feed, shelter, immunize, ect.  

 

What about small dogs?  They don't add any home security, personal security, guides, rodent control, ect.

 

The bottom line is people value different things differently.  To some a pet is worth more than $100,000.  Why judge?  Thats the whole point.  Why judge someone who is willing to pay extra to get something they prefer?  

 

Do you always buy the cheapest food everyday?  Or only eat vegetables?  No.  You buy stuff you enjoy eating even if they cost more from time to time.

 

Maybe you are a Buddhist Monk and don't believe in enjoying life.  If so don't look down on others who want to enjoy life.  Don't call them irrational because they are willing to spend more for a pair of headphones that matches their style.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #110 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Good for you. You don’t see or hear what I see and hear, however, so that’s you.

 

You just called several million people fools because they walk around with headphones. 

Sounds like the classic generalization.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #111 of 139
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

You just called several million people fools because they walk around with headphones. 


Huge headphones. I wouldn’t go outside with my Harmon/Kardons, first because I don’t want them nicked and second because they’re huge, ungainly, and cancel a fair bit of sound. Over-ear headphones can’t be safely used as utility, and as pure fashion they’re meaningless.

post #112 of 139
Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West

Bottom line is, in your case, always buying the most expensive brand name product equals bad shopper equals irrational consumer behavior in a capitalist economy with the goal of wealth preservation.

Doesn't appear Warren Buffet is trying to bring his wealth past the grave. He pledged to give it all away before his passing and has already given a huge chunk already.

I don't believe you can hold a candle to Warren Buffet.

You have truly lost sense of the point of our conversation, good shopper vs bad shopper... It does not surprise me, as you usually have a hard time staying focused in a losing battle. You have been on the defensive since the beginning when you use fiction to defend.

As always, every time you open your mouth fiction comes out of it. With Kanye West, the fiction never ends.
post #113 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post

A pretty appearance with zero substance does not sell.

 

$orry, did you $ay $omething?

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #114 of 139
The fact is buying style over substance is irrational and if you do than you are a bad shopper or promoting irrational consumerism.
post #115 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post

Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West

Bottom line is, in your case, always buying the most expensive brand name product equals bad shopper equals irrational consumer behavior in a capitalist economy with the goal of wealth preservation.

Doesn't appear Warren Buffet is trying to bring his wealth past the grave. He pledged to give it all away before his passing and has already given a huge chunk already.

I don't believe you can hold a candle to Warren Buffet.

You have truly lost sense of the point of our conversation, good shopper vs bad shopper... It does not surprise me, as you usually have a hard time staying focused in a losing battle. You have been on the defensive since the beginning when you use fiction to defend.

As always, every time you open your mouth fiction comes out of it. With Kanye West, the fiction never ends.

 

If you think Warren Buffet is an angel read this article about his oil trains and how they cause the price of gas to rise and causes sever environmental disasters.

 

http://www.ibtimes.com/warren-buffett-keystone-pipeline-cause-effect-1560093

 

By Buffett does not want a safer way of transporting oil (a pipeline) because it will hurt his train business.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #116 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post

The fact is buying style over substance is irrational and if you do than you are a bad shopper or promoting irrational consumerism.

 

YvesVilleneuve AKA Dahli Lama - Look it may be okay for you to wear 20 year robes every day but for most of us we like to wear clothes that look good or at least decent.

 

So may I ask what do you spend your money on?

Do you buy Apple products?

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #117 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post

The fact is buying style over substance is irrational and if you do than you are a bad shopper or promoting irrational consumerism.

Nonsense.  Your style affects how the world sees, judges and treats you.  Taking that into consideration when you make a purchase is in no way irrational.  Wanting to be seen as cool by your peers is in no way irrational.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #118 of 139
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Your style affects how the world sees, judges and treats you.

 

Screw ‘em. You will pretend that this reply invalidates my argument.

 
Taking that into consideration when you make a purchase is in no way irrational.

 

Forgoing something best for you for something worse that will make you be seen as better is by definition irrational.

post #119 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

If you think Warren Buffet is an angel read this article about his oil trains and how they cause the price of gas to rise and causes sever environmental disasters.

http://www.ibtimes.com/warren-buffett-keystone-pipeline-cause-effect-1560093

By Buffett does not want a safer way of transporting oil (a pipeline) because it will hurt his train business.
Dear Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West, I didn't read the article because I don't believe anyone is an angel on this planet, while anyone can spin a tale. I don't believe he is rational with his obsession for consuming Bic Macs, Cherry Cokes and Dairy Queen ice cream. I am sure he is aware of that too. However, he is multiple times more rational than Kanye West because is aware that irrational people/consumers do exist and there is nothing anyone can do to eliminate irrational behaviour altogether. He also correctly believes everyone exhibits irrational behaviour at least from time to time. You deflected toward a negative story about Warren Buffet because you have nothing positive to offer about yourself.

Kanye West spends his time and effort promoting himself as a style icon therefore will only give substance a passing mention for appearance purposes, and that won't change. The truth is he has no substance or has incorrect substance while he is the epitome of fiction.

Have you heard of the tried and true saying "Appearances can be deceiving"? A rational person will say "You look good but do you meet my practical needs the best. If not, then adios".
post #120 of 139
I detect sarcasm in Crowley's posts. Brit humour at its best.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple officially closes on $3B purchase of Beats headphones & streaming service