or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple and Beats introduce 'Pills' characters to Siri in first official ad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple and Beats introduce 'Pills' characters to Siri in first official ad - Page 2

post #41 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

How can you write this crap here when the Beats Solo 2 is getting rave reviews all over the world?
It is an excellent headphone at great price point.  Your hatred cannot possibly be about the headphone.


Do you work for Beats or something? Find me one review that recommends a Beats product over something else. Heck even an Apple store employee didn't recommend Beats to me. Though I suspect they'll get orders now to push Beats over anything else in their store.
post #42 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbobf View Post

Hummm…************ has a link to the ad I can actually play on my iPhone. Why doesn't AI have that?

I'm going to assume that ************ is The Site Who Shall Not Be Named.

And we all know which site that is anyway. lol.gif

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #43 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 


Why? Mine is.


Well, if you say so...

 

The fact remains folks that Apple is in the hood, because they want to be there.

post #44 of 167
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post
The fact remains folks that Apple is in the hood, because they want to be there.

 

Yeah, that’s not a fact at all.

post #45 of 167
I wonder if Apple is going to replace the micro USB port on the back of the Beats Pill with a lightning port. This would be great.
post #46 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Yeah, that’s not a fact at all.

 

How would you know? :lol:

post #47 of 167
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post
How would you know? :lol:


Same way you do.

 

Also because zero of their other products is tailored to just one group of people.

post #48 of 167

Haha, I told you all, keep on defending Beats.

 

I just clicked on the ad a minute ago, and what complete crap! What the hell?:err:

 

Is it supposed to be funny or something? It's pretty damn tragic.:no:

 

Whoever came up with the lame idea behind that ad should be immediately fired.

 

I did like the recent Macbook ad with all of the stickers, but this piece of crap ad is absolutely terrible.

post #49 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 


Same way you do.

 

Also because zero of their other products is tailored to just one group of people.


Ok, That does it.   Go watch the ad 10 times and then write a report about it. :)

post #50 of 167

And this brings me back again to my main argument against Beats.

 

It's not about their profits or whatever, I don't give a crap about that. It's about their image, their culture and their advertising, and it cheapens the whole Apple brand.


Edited by Apple ][ - 8/2/14 at 11:22am
post #51 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
 

And this brings me back again to my main argument against Beats.

 

It's not about their profits or whatever, I don't give a crap about that. It's about their image, their culture and their advertising, and it cheapens the whole Apple brand.

 

I'd put money on it that this ad will have no effect on Apple's brand/image.

post #52 of 167
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post
Go watch the ad 10 times and then write a report about it. :)

 

My report about the Beats ad

By Tallest Skil

lol, centering text Grade 3 as in “3 out of 3”

 

It’s incomprehensible garbage, promoting products wholly distinct from the rest of Apple’s lineup. That people believe Beats’ hardware will continue to be made, given everything we know about what Apple does to acquisitions, is hilarious.

 

The end.

post #53 of 167
Video does not play on iPad...

FAIL!
post #54 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post
 

 

I'd put money on it that this ad will have no effect on Apple's brand/image.

 

If it actually aired on tv then I'd put money on it that it would affect Apple's image... for the bad.

 

The contrast between Apple and Beats images couldn't be displayed better than in this ad.

 

smart and savvy compared to cheap and gaudy.

Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #55 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
 

And this brings me back again to my main argument against Beats.

 

It's not about their profits or whatever, I don't give a crap about that. It's about their image, their culture and their advertising, and it cheapens the whole Apple brand.


How does their culture cheapen the brand?  If you could only see how out of touch your comment is...

 

...And this makes me so happy that Apple is doing this as it may yet save the United States of America.  "A Force for Good"

post #56 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
 

 

If it actually aired on tv then I'd put money on it that it would affect Apple's image... for the bad.

 

The contrast between Apple and Beats images couldn't be displayed better than in this ad.

 

smart and savvy compared to cheap and gaudy.

 

Meh, people here were saying Apple would never make the gold iPhone because that would be gaudy and didn't match Apple's style.  Apple did and it became the best selling one in the lineup.  People here at AI aren't the best judge of what Apple's style is and what the majority of Apple consumers want.

post #57 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post
 

 

Meh, people here were saying Apple would never make the gold iPhone because that would be gaudy and didn't match Apple's style.  Apple did and it became the best selling one in the lineup.  People here at AI aren't the best judge of what Apple's style is and what the majority of Apple consumers want.

 

Except that I wasn't one of those people.

Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #58 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post
 


How does their culture cheapen the brand? 

The ad speaks for itself.

post #59 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


I hope to god stuff like this isn't what Apple has planned with their new in-house ad agency. 1oyvey.gif

 

I fear that it might be... but then this is what I expected anyway from an in-house team.

 

Hoping it isn't.

Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #60 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
 

 

I fear that it might be... but then this is what I expected anyway from an in-house team.

 

Hoping it isn't.


Folks, Apple is growing and changing and I think for the better.

Some people misunderstand this ad because they don't understand the personality of the Pills.

Apple bought the Pills because of what they are and Apple will not and should not change their characters.  

Perhaps these videos will help introduce them...  Plug in speakers are done. :)

 

 

 

 


Edited by AppleSauce007 - 8/2/14 at 4:46pm
post #61 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post
 


Folks, Apple is growing and changing and I think for the better.

Some people misunderstand this ad because they don't understand the personality of the Pills.

Apple bought the Pills because of what they are and Apple will not and should not change their characters.  

Perhaps this video will help introduce them...  Plug in speakers are done. :)

 

I understand it just fine... and it's still shit that cheapens Apple's brand..

Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #62 of 167
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post
...Apple will not and should not change their characters.  

 

Despite doing exactly that to every single other product from every other company they have purchased.

post #63 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Despite doing exactly that to every single other product from every other company they have purchased.


Yes.  That's correct!  None of the other products cost $3 Billion.

 

Fans are passionate about both Apple & Beats, it may take time for some folks to adjust but it will be awesome in the long term.

Beats' value will increase by 10 X now that this deal is done.

post #64 of 167
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post
None of the other products cost $3 Billion.


So?

 
 Beats' value will increase by 10 X now that this deal is done.

 

Except Beats no longer has value. It’s Apple now.

post #65 of 167

LOL!

 

Commercial is fine.  Some of you need to really stop being so serious.  I'm mean really.

 

Beats is a fun brand.  Have some fun.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #66 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 


So?

 

Except Beats no longer has value. It’s Apple now.

 

So things that cost 100x more than something else is exactly the same?

 

Beats is different.  The other companies that Apple bought were assimulated into the Apple brand.  With Beats they are keeping the brand name, they are not renaming the headphones Apple. Big difference.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #67 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

have some fun and relax.

I mean really.

 

Apple is kicking major AZZ right now.  Samsung is getting destroyed.  Microsoft/Google have no sense of taste.  Apple will dominate the high end laptop/smartphone/tablet/headphone/wearable market for the next few years.

 

enjoy it.  Apple does 99 things right and 1 thing wrong (in your opinion) and you get frantic.  Really?  Just enjoy being on top.  Apple is king again.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #68 of 167
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

So things that cost 100x more than something else is exactly the same?


Yep.

 

Or maybe you think Apple left NeXT products on sale after the purchase.

 
Beats is different.  The other companies that Apple bought were assimulated into the Apple brand.  With Beats they are keeping the brand name, they are not renaming the headphones Apple. Big difference.

 

And your proof of this is where, exactly?

post #69 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Do you work for Beats or something? Find me one review that recommends a Beats product over something else. Heck even an Apple store employee didn't recommend Beats to me. Though I suspect they'll get orders now to push Beats over anything else in their store.

 

Beats Solo 2 is tight.

 

4 out of 5 stars in CNET

http://www.cnet.com/products/beats-solo-2/

 

"Solo 2 may not win audiophile hearts and ears, but for its intended audience -- namely, folks who are looking for a fast, exciting headphone with lots of high-quality bass -- this is an excellent on-ear headphones"

 

4 out of 5 stars on PC Mag

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2460252,00.asp

 

"The Beats Solo 2 sounds and feels like one of the least overpriced options from Beats, which normally prices its headphones at a premium. I suppose they could be sold for a bit less than $200, but even at that price, the Solo 2's comfortable, well-made design delivers thunderous lows without a hint of distortion."

 

 

Personally I took a look at these at BestBuy today and they do look and feel great.  There build quality seem much better than the Solo1 which felt extremely cheap.  I understand the need for wanting great bass.  For my personal home theater I went with better bass instead of accuracy.  I'm not an audiophile so I'd rather have heart pounding bass for watching movies than speaker that have limited base but are extremely accurate.  I guess the same thing could be said for music.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #70 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 


Yep.

 

Or maybe you think Apple left NeXT products on sale after the purchase.

 

And your proof of this is where, exactly?

 

My proof is common sense.  Use it sometimes.

 

I see a pattern with you.  If you don't get a press release from Apple you don't think something is happening no matter how much evidence there is.  It makes me giggle.

 

Do you think Apple is coming out with the iPhone6 or do you think they may not since they have not had a press release or event announcing it yet?

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #71 of 167

More Solo2 praise from a self proclaimed audiophile.  Even an audiophile in this review can understand why Beats are a very attractive buy:

 

"You gotta hand it to Beats, the company knows how to make beautiful headphones. The Solo² are some of the most attractive smaller-cup earphones I've seen."

 

"Beats has done a great job with the color and paint finish on the Solo². We received a sample in gray — which really looks more like a slate blue — that are just stunning. The paint is glossy, but at least in this color, they are not fingerprint magnets."

 

"In fact, if I'm being honest, the Studio Wireless are my current favorite Bluetooth over-ear headphones. The noise cancellation isn't quite as good as the Bose QuietComforts, but I like them better overall."  

 

 

 

"The truth is, you can get some very nice headphones for $200. To be sure, they won't be as attractive or fashionable as these Beats"

 

"However, if you want something that will sound good — especially for hip-hop and dubstep — and look fashionable, the Solo² fit the bill."

 

"Last fall, Beats introduced redesigned versions of the Beats Studio and Studio Wireless over-ear headphones, engineered for better sound. I got a review pair of the Studio Wireless Bluetooth headphones earlier this year and I must say, I was blown away by the difference in quality compared to the Monster-era Beats Studio model."

 

http://mashable.com/2014/05/29/beats-solo-2-review/

 

Conclusion:  You may be able to get better sounding headphones for the same price.  But if you want a combination of style, great bass, and very good sound quality Beats is a very good buy.  

 

I think the problem is many of you are judging Beats by their old models that had horrible sound quality (the ones engineered by Monster).  The new models that came out last Fall are very good quality.

 

So what you get is a great style, portability (they fold nicely), very good sound quality, and great resale value.  Sound familiar?  

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #72 of 167

BestBuy customer reviews are 4.7 stars out of 5.0

 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/beats-by-dr-dre-solo-2-on-ear-headphones-black/5565048.p?id=1219139427502&skuId=5565048

 

All you haters need to get to Bestbuy and hear the new models yourself.  

Listen to the Solo2 (not the original Solo or SoloHD which are engineered by Monster) or Studio.

 

I think this picture below explains alot.  

I mean really.  Which headphones looks more stylish.  Which headphones would you walk around with?  The other headphone is the top rated headphone under $200 (same price range as the Solo2).  

 

Its the same reason why millions of people use their phone to take pictures instead of the superior SLR camera's.

 

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #73 of 167
sog35 and everyone else on the Beats bandwagon...would you be defending Beats had someone other than Apple purchased them?
post #74 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

sog35 and everyone else on the Beats bandwagon...would you be defending Beats had someone other than Apple purchased them?

 

The only reason why I defend Beats is because the unreasonable hate and vile thrown at the brand here.  There really is no good reason to do so.

 

They make good quality headphones that cost more because of the style factor.  I see no reason why that should breed all these hateful comments about the brand.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #75 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post
 

Plug in speakers are done. :)

 

Now that you've suggested that transmitting audio over Bluetooth is the way to go, I find it harder to accept your earlier endorsement of the Beats headphones. Your standard for acceptable audio quality may be somewhat more forgiving than that of more critical listeners.

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply
post #76 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

 

The contrast between Apple and Beats images couldn't be displayed better than in this ad.

 

smart and savvy compared to cheap and gaudy.

 

Except that Beats aren't cheap, in fact they're kinda pricey for what they are.

 

Maybe instead of "cheap and gaudy" we could go with "cheese and gouge-ey."

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply
post #77 of 167
On Twitter DED notes that the Siri voice is from 2012.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #78 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

4 out of 5 stars in CNET

http://www.cnet.com/products/beats-solo-2/

 

Ah yes, CNET. The first source I check when evaluating an AUDIO product.

 

(Just poking ya in the ribs ;))

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

"Solo 2 may not win audiophile hearts and ears, but for its intended audience -- namely, folks who are looking for a fast, exciting headphone with lots of high-quality bass -- this is an excellent on-ear headphones"

 

Translation: "They don't sound good, but sound quality is not why people buy Beats. They buy them to be seen wearing Beats and heard going BMM BMMM BMM!" (BTW, I've never heard the term "fast" used to describe an audio transducer… any idea what the author meant by that?)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

4 out of 5 stars on PC Mag

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2460252,00.asp

 

PC Mag is not particularly noted for sonic evaluation expertise either, is it?

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

"The Beats Solo 2 sounds and feels like one of the least overpriced options from Beats, which normally prices its headphones at a premium. I suppose they could be sold for a bit less than $200, but even at that price, the Solo 2's comfortable, well-made design delivers thunderous lows without a hint of distortion."

 

HA HA HA HAAA! Seriously? THAT'S an "endorsement?" Talk about damning with faint praise!

 

Translation: "They go BOOM BOOM BOOM real good. Even though the price is still a rip-off, it's somewhat LESS of a rip-off than… well, any other Beats product…"  Any value assessment, either positive or negative, assumes you don't look at any other brand on the planet!

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

Personally I took a look at these at BestBuy today and they do look and feel great.  There build quality seem much better than the Solo1 which felt extremely cheap.  I understand the need for wanting great bass.  For my personal home theater I went with better bass instead of accuracy.  I'm not an audiophile so I'd rather have heart pounding bass for watching movies than speaker that have limited base but are extremely accurate.  I guess the same thing could be said for music.

 

That's fine. I have no quarrel with that. But when you say "Beats are great!" that's misleading, because they're NOT great… they are definitively INaccurate. Apparently on purpose.

 

Then there's what makes a $100 pair of headphones sell for >$200...


Edited by Lorin Schultz - 8/2/14 at 10:39pm

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply
post #79 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post
 

 

Now that you've suggested that transmitting audio over Bluetooth is the way to go, I find it harder to accept your earlier endorsement of the Beats headphones. Your standard for acceptable audio quality may be somewhat more forgiving than that of more critical listeners.


You misunderstood, "Plug in speakers are done" is a "trash talking" phrase from the first ad... Hence the smiley.  Go watch it.

Regarding my standards for high end audio, they are actually quite high.  I use an Anthem pre-amp, Anthem amplifiers, some Paradigm speakers, some JM-Labs speakers and three Velodyne DD subs in three zones.  I have a Sennheiser HD-650 but I plan to buy a Beats Solo2 soon.

 

​It's OK to appreciate good sound but you can't go around criticizing everything because then you miss all the fun.

The Beats Solo2 sounds very good it is very cool.

post #80 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post


You misunderstood, "Plug in speakers are done" is a "trash talking" phrase from the first ad... Hence the smiley.  Go watch it.
Regarding my standards for high end audio, they are actually quite high.  I use an Anthem pre-amp, Anthem amplifiers, some Paradigm speakers, some JM-Labs speakers and three Velodyne DD subs in three zones.  I have a Sennheiser HD-650 but I plan to buy a Beats Solo2 soon.

​It's OK to appreciate good sound but you can't go around criticizing everything because then you miss all the fun.
The Beats Solo2 sounds very good it is very cool.

Sorry but Lorin is right, I would normally be the first one to come to your rescue as the people in the board can defiantly be overly snobby towards products but in this case I get it. My children begged me for a a pair of Beats Solo 2's for Christmas, shortly after the New Years they both broke, one had a blown speaker from crappy techno music and the others cable had frayed, which isn't the first time that had happened with a pair of earphones from Beats in this house, I had a pair of in-ears that lasted 4 months before the cable started to break in 3 different places, just cheap crap. Sound quality, no where near as good as the price suggests they'll be, especislly when compared to decent headphones like my Bowers and Wilkins P5's or my newly aquired Aedle VK-1 Headphone for the same price. Only when paired with a decent headphone amplifier like the FiiO E12 do the Beats start to sound good but that's an additional150.00.

Nope, I don't get it, especially when there are just so many great headphones on the market right now. Also why would you want to own something that everyone has,have you ever counted how many you see in a dsy, it's staggering, almost every kid on the street has one now, buy something unique. You should really check out the Aedle Vk-1's, Bang and Olfusen H6 or Bowers and Wilkins P5 any of those three would also turn heads and they sound amazing. If you do buy the Beats because it is a fashion statement that you just can't live without, then don't forget a good headphone amplifier as it's almost a necessities.
Edited by Relic - 8/3/14 at 12:20am
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple and Beats introduce 'Pills' characters to Siri in first official ad