or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Al-Qaeda prefers Android over Apple's iOS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Al-Qaeda prefers Android over Apple's iOS - Page 5

post #161 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post

"Android is obviously for really poor people"???? What are you smoking?? I have a lot of friends and know a lot of people who bought iPhones but switched to android because of the restrictions. Let me add that they are not too tech savvy, so they don't know about jailbreak and stuff. They went back to android because they can't interact "normally" with other devices. (Bluetooth transfer, drag and drop on a pc, syncing music etc..) Understandable, I have never used an android phone, I used blackberry's but when I switched to the iPhone 3G a couple of years ago, I really had to adept and get used to it. Never ever switched to another platform though. Also I know a lot of people who are just waiting for a bigger screen sized iPhone and simply chose for android because of the screen size. So don't you ever say that "obviously" android is for really poor people again.

So the difference in average selling price signfies nothing then?

So you're saying defiance of the restrictions is a key driver to switch? What is a terrorist if not defiant? It's the top of the slippery slope.

McD

(I like the Terrorists Don't use Macs/winners don't do drugs angle. My school teacher got it all wrong, it's what we don't do that defines us!)
Android proves (as Windows & VHS did before it) that if you want to control people, give us choices and the belief we're capable of making them. We're all 'living' the American dream.
Reply
Android proves (as Windows & VHS did before it) that if you want to control people, give us choices and the belief we're capable of making them. We're all 'living' the American dream.
Reply
post #162 of 204
I knew it! Android fanboy= terrorist

So next time when i want to spot a terrorist, i go to YouTube and look for a negative comment about an iPhone video

Good one DED, absolutely loved it!
Edited by iMember - 8/3/14 at 8:02pm

 

 

Reply

 

 

Reply
post #163 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Meh.

It's obvious terrorist organizations would use Android. That's because they can modify it to do what they wish.

As they wish is a little conceited, surely you mean as Allah wills. The problem is there's little evidence of success with Android, there's no regard for IP, budgets get blown and deadlines get missed and these guys work to some pretty tight deadlines.
Android proves (as Windows & VHS did before it) that if you want to control people, give us choices and the belief we're capable of making them. We're all 'living' the American dream.
Reply
Android proves (as Windows & VHS did before it) that if you want to control people, give us choices and the belief we're capable of making them. We're all 'living' the American dream.
Reply
post #164 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Judging from the gobbledegook that is your post, I would say that you are the archetypal Android user; even that six year old iPhone is far too good for you.

Android?? Haha, I'd rather buy a Nokia 1100 with flashlight than to use android. Bought the 3GS when it came out, skipped the 4 because of antenna gate. I'm on an iPhone 4s now simply because of the screen size. To me 3,5" is the ideal size. Don't like the design of the 5 and later. Looks like a stretched out 4s to me. If you alter the length, alter the width also. Might buy a new iPhone but simply because of the capabilities and not the design. Not a fan of big phones or the design of how the iPhones look now. Don't know why you think I'm an android user. Is it is it because I told the truth about the things happening in my environment and country? Because they have enough money to buy two iPhones, but like I said, they like "freedom" and "ease" of use. It's what they're used to.
post #165 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22July2013 View Post

Bonnie and Clyde loved their Ford V8s. Clyde even wrote a letter to Henry Ford saying what a dandy car it was. The letter is on display at the Ford Museum now. So it is of historical curiosity when criminals favour a certain product. "

Maybe Google can put up a letter of recommendation from AQ next to the employee mandate... Don't be evil (unless you're a valued customer)
Android proves (as Windows & VHS did before it) that if you want to control people, give us choices and the belief we're capable of making them. We're all 'living' the American dream.
Reply
Android proves (as Windows & VHS did before it) that if you want to control people, give us choices and the belief we're capable of making them. We're all 'living' the American dream.
Reply
post #166 of 204
Best. Thread. Ever 1biggrin.gif

I thought it would tap out at 'discombobschlobulated' , but no — it just got better and better. This has made my morning.

And no matter how ridiculous you think this article is, it's Pulitzer worthy when compared to the dross written about Apple on an almost hourly basis.
Edited by Rayz - 8/3/14 at 10:54pm
post #167 of 204
"Let the butthurt flow through you "

Hahahahah!!!

😀😀
post #168 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

 

Android is obviously for really poor people and now it's also apparently for Al-Qaeda terrorists too! 

 

I didn't think that my opinion of Android users could possibly sink any lower than it currently is, but amazingly, I detest Android users even more than before now.

Apparently Vertu didn't get that memo.

 

 

How can you detest a group of people simply because of the mobile OS they use on their phone, what is wrong with you.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #169 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

 

Android is obviously for really poor people and now it's also apparently for Al-Qaeda terrorists too! 

 

I didn't think that my opinion of Android users could possibly sink any lower than it currently is, but amazingly, I detest Android users even more than before now.

Apparently Vertu didn't get that memo.

 

 

How can you detest a group of people simply because of the mobile OS they use on their phone, what is wrong with you.

It's because it's the internet and the persona he has on here allows all the bigotry to flow with no consequence. Whereby you have to wade past the crud to get to any nuggets in his posts.
post #170 of 204
Add xenophobia to that.
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
post #171 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:
...72 virgins; unaware that the Quran only specified "virgins" and not that they'd be females.... or young... or thin and good looking.

Makes me think of the old adage "be careful what you wish for."

Makes me think of this:



Android users at their computers there. They had trouble running the app on their mobile devices so went back to the laptops:

http://community.wizards.com/forum/mtg-duels-planeswalkers/threads/4113386
post #172 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
 

Apparently Vertu didn't get that memo.

 

 

How can you detest a group of people simply because of the mobile OS they use on their phone, what is wrong with you.

Because he's an internet tough guy. I'm sure in real life he's quiet and avoids contact with any and all humans.

 

It makes him feel better about himself.

Insert Witty Comment Here
Reply
Insert Witty Comment Here
Reply
post #173 of 204

I enjoyed reading the article.

post #174 of 204
if al-qaeda wants to sink their own boat, that is fine with me. go knock themselves out ;-P
post #175 of 204

We should start spreading the news that "Android Enables Terrorist" That would be a great clickbait head line.

post #176 of 204
This article = epitome of stupid!!!!
post #177 of 204
Now this is one funny post! LMAO
post #178 of 204
That screen shot could pretty much he on any liberal website.
post #179 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
 

Awesome topic!

 

I'm not going to bother to search back through all of my prior posts, but I'm almost certain that I have mentioned something similar to this topic a long time ago, at least once, if not more.

 

Going back many years ago, when they were hunting down terrorist scum in crappy places like Afghanistan and Pakistan, when the terrorists were captured, they almost always had ugly and bulky PC laptops!

 

I'm not saying that it is inconceivable or impossible, but I've never heard of any Islamic terrorists who were caught with Macs. And believe me, this subject is right up my alley, so I know what I'm talking about. When they shot dead the disgusting Bin Laden, do you think that he had a Macbook Air in his compound? Hell no.

 

It also makes perfect sense that Al-Qaeda terrorists prefer Android!

 

Apple is for creative people, and terrorists are not exactly the creative type. And no, figuring out new ways of killing people or blowing yourself up does not qualify as being creative.

 

Android is obviously for really poor people and now it's also apparently for Al-Qaeda terrorists too! 

 

I didn't think that my opinion of Android users could possibly sink any lower than it currently is, but amazingly, I detest Android users even more than before now.

 

I'm actually taking a flight tomorrow to Vegas. I assume that I will mostly only see iOS devices being used on my flight, but I will certainly be keeping an eye out for anybody who is using Android on the plane, as they are far more likely to be a terrorist.

 

It may have been true at one time that more creative people were drawn to Apple's products, but as Apple hit the mass market and all types of people from all types of backgrounds, careers and political allegiances now use Apple's products, this is no longer true.    This site proves that many Apple products are used by notoriously uncreative (and some not so intelligent) people.

 

Correlation does not imply causation.

 

Maybe terrorists wear cheaper clothes made of polyester, so by your way of thinking, you should be suspect of anyone wearing polyester as more likely to be a terrorist.

 

Or maybe terrorists eat more dried fruit than the average person, so you should be suspect of anyone eating dates or dried apricots. 

 

This is a terrible article that is nothing more than bad propaganda.   It serves to imply that Android is "bad" because terrorists "prefer" it.    Terrorists don't necessarily prefer it.   It just happens to be what's available.    If terrorists in the third world happened to use Panasonic radios, should we draw any implications from that?     The whole thing is ridiculous and beneath AI.    What's next, an article that African-Americans prefer Samsung?

post #180 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post

It's because it's the internet and the persona he has on here allows all the bigotry to flow with no consequence. Whereby you have to wade past the crud to get to any nuggets in his posts.

There's no excuse for this type of behaviour, anonymous or otherwise. These type of posts do absolutely nothing but promote hatred and frankly is very childish. Android, BB OS, Windows Mobile, FireFox OS, whatever someone uses as their mobile operating system has zero bearing of the kind of person the individual is, to suggest otherwise simply because you don't like the system, well that's just insane and gives a whole new meaning to ignorance. I'm sure a lot of it was in jest but if you notice the comments that followed just proves that it only takes one to turn a thread into a shooting gallery. If you don't like Android, it's very simple, don't use it. There is absolutely nothing that hasn't already been said a 1000 times before on this board. This article was absolutely rificulous to begin with, in the last month alone there were over a dozen arrests of people sharing child pornography, in every case the suspects were using either an iPhone or an iPad, saying Apple computers are the prefered choice of pedophiles is just as ridiculous as saying Android is the preferred phone of terrorist organizations.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #181 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

If you don't like Android, it's very simple, don't use it. There is absolutely nothing that hasn't already been said a 1000 times before on this board. This article was absolutely ridiculous to begin with, in the last month alone there were over a dozen arrests of people sharing child pornography, in every case the suspects were using either an iPhone or an iPad, saying Apple computers are the prefered choice of pedophiles is just as ridiculous as saying Android is the preferred phone of terrorist organizations.

+1
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #182 of 204
You've said it Relic. I think he should refrain himself from these type of posts and keep this 'issue' he has to himself. Either stick to tech talk, or give us all a laugh, but please, don't give us your true colours with your rotten core.
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
post #183 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

+1
+1 for me too. I feel like to throw the google in the jail because the bad guys terrorist are not nice that all and evil
post #184 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

in the last month alone there were over a dozen arrests of people sharing child pornography, in every case the suspects were using either an iPhone or an iPad

Do you have references for this and that overall, more perverts gravitate towards iOS devices? You tend to make these kind of statements without any evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

saying Apple computers are the prefered choice of pedophiles is just as ridiculous as saying Android is the preferred phone of terrorist organizations.

Only if the perverts are endorsing the products the way the terrorists are. They are developing custom software for Android. That isn't to say Android promotes terrorism, they could just as easily be using Macs but if they prefer using Android, that's how it is. This isn't an AI-exclusive opinion piece:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-08/04/terrorist-android-crypto
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/08/terrorists-embracing-new-android-crypto-in-wake-of-snowden-revelations/
https://www.recordedfuture.com/al-qaeda-encryption-technology-part-2/

I don't see why people would take offence at Android being associated with terrorism. It is cheap and offers the freedom to modify the software in more ways than iOS. That's not suddenly bad when people use it for harm is it?
post #185 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post


I don't see why people would take offence at Android being associated with terrorism. It is cheap and offers the freedom to modify the software in more ways than iOS. That's not suddenly bad when people use it for harm is it?

I think the problem people had with this thread were the posts from a certain poster, not the association you're making.
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
Reply
post #186 of 204
I can quite understand Relic and others taking umbridge at Apple 2's forthright opinion; there's nothing wrong with that.

But context is everything. I love his posts because he is so honest and fearless. I'd be surprised if he wasn't playing to the gallery, which is how I take it. But even if he was deadly serious, well, so be it.

I think the offended ones are right: a forum offers the chance for people to voice all kinds of outlandish outpourings. What I like about AI's moderation is that they're intelligent and tend to allow more stuff than other sites, but keep the boring trolls away. I've had posts deleted, which is fine; this is a private site and AI are free to do what they like.

It can be such fun being provocative; I really can see why people love trolling for the hell of it just to garner a reaction. It's a dark side of me; there's something about the power in a forum which is intoxicating, but easily corrupting. Confusing people is fun and mischievous.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #187 of 204
Quote: Originally Posted by Relic View Post
These type of posts do absolutely nothing but promote hatred and frankly is very childish. Android, BB OS, Windows Mobile, FireFox OS, whatever someone uses as their mobile operating system has zero bearing of the kind of person the individual is, to suggest otherwise simply because you don't like the system, well that's just insane and gives a whole new meaning to ignorance. I'm sure a lot of it was in jest but if you notice the comments that followed just proves that it only takes one to turn a thread into a shooting gallery. If you don't like Android, it's very simple, don't use it. There is absolutely nothing that hasn't already been said a 1000 times before on this board. This article was absolutely rificulous to begin with, in the last month alone there were over a dozen arrests of people sharing child pornography, in every case the suspects were using either an iPhone or an iPad, saying Apple computers are the prefered choice of pedophiles is just as ridiculous as saying Android is the preferred phone of terrorist organizations.

 

When you read an article that points out that AlQaeda operatives are developing custom Android apps to evade surveillance (uncontroversial), and which draws a connection between Google's severe security problems that are not going to be patched for hundreds of millions of users (uncontroversial) and the fact that Android is the development platform of choice for jihaddist revolutionaries who are seeking to attack Western governments and infrastructure (uncontroversial), and your only brain synapse to fire is "I'm being called a terrorist because I use Android!!

 

Well, that's just, as you might say "absolutely rificulous"

 

Try to draw a Venn diagram and study it for a while, and see if you can figure things out for yourself. You only need the most basic thinking skills.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

+1

 

You just make fun of yourself every time you try to say something. 

 

All of the other Android fanbots who showed up in an attempt to scribble their thoughts here are just reinforcing the stereotype that Google attracts stupid customers who think they are saving money by paying a little dime rather than a big fat nickel, and then get all bent out of shape when you point out facts like $0.05 < $0.10.

post #188 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

You just make fun of yourself every time you try to say something. 

All of the other Android fanbots who showed up in an attempt to scribble their thoughts here are just reinforcing the stereotype that Google attracts stupid customers who think they are saving money by paying a little dime rather than a big fat nickel, and then get all bent out of shape when you point out facts like $0.05 < $0.10.

With such a lack of professionalism it's no wonder so many do not take you seriously. Any professional writer would not concern themselves with the rantings of the peanut gallery.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #189 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

With such a lack of professionalism it's no wonder so many do not take you seriously. Any professional writer would not concern themselves with the rantings of the peanut gallery.

Have you been on twitter? Journalists and people respond to negative attacks because they are human.
post #190 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post
 

 

When you read an article that points out that AlQaeda operatives are developing custom Android apps to evade surveillance (uncontroversial), and which draws a connection between  Google's severe security problems that are not going to be patched for hundreds of millions of users (uncontroversial) and the fact that Android is the development platform of choice for jihaddist revolutionaries who are seeking to attack Western governments and infrastructure (uncontroversial)...

 

That connection makes no sense. Why would an organization -- particularly an organization interested in secure communications, as Al Qaeda is according to this article -- adopt a platform en masse *because* it has "severe security problems that aren't going to be patched for hundreds of millions of users" when they themselves would be among those users?


Edited by d4NjvRzf - 8/4/14 at 8:43pm
post #191 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

This article was absolutely rificulous to begin with, in the last month alone there were over a dozen arrests of people sharing child pornography, in every case the suspects were using either an iPhone or an iPad, saying Apple computers are the prefered choice of pedophiles is just as ridiculous as saying Android is the preferred phone of terrorist organizations.

It would make sense that Android was the preferred platform of the kiddy-fiddler as they're just as loathsome as your common terrorist but with all the same custom security requirements and a bigger choice of video codecs which are optimised for grot and several "high end" Android devices are marketed as waterproof...

…unless they were using the iPad as a lure in which case it would be more effective as; it's a familiar product with a high uptake in education, a broader range of kids apps with mainstream characters, more desirability, the minis are good for smaller hands…

Right tool for the right job I guess.
Android proves (as Windows & VHS did before it) that if you want to control people, give us choices and the belief we're capable of making them. We're all 'living' the American dream.
Reply
Android proves (as Windows & VHS did before it) that if you want to control people, give us choices and the belief we're capable of making them. We're all 'living' the American dream.
Reply
post #192 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post
 

 

When you read an article that points out that AlQaeda operatives are developing custom Android apps to evade surveillance (uncontroversial), and which draws a connection between Google's severe security problems that are not going to be patched for hundreds of millions of users (uncontroversial) and the fact that Android is the development platform of choice for jihaddist revolutionaries who are seeking to attack Western governments and infrastructure (uncontroversial), and your only brain synapse to fire is "I'm being called a terrorist because I use Android!!

 

Well, that's just, as you might say "absolutely rificulous"

 

Try to draw a Venn diagram and study it for a while, and see if you can figure things out for yourself. You only need the most basic thinking skills.

That's uncalled for Dan, Relic was reacting mostly to Apple][s rant, not your article.

 

All the same, your uncontroversial facts don't really say much of any importance, and have little relevance to a site called AppleInsider.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #193 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I love his posts because he is so honest and fearless.

He's not honest and fearless. He's acting like an arrogant dick and a cyber-bully. There seem to be plenty on this site that enjoy seeing people acting like arrogant dicks to Apple's enemy du jour (Microsoft when I first came to this site, now Google and occasionally Amazon). But it's ridiculous. These are f'ing companies that only give 2 craps about you as long as you're lining their coffers.

And yes this an Apple fan site. But you can be a fan site without descending into the petty and pathetic bullshit this site has reduced itself to (epitomized in this dreck). And yes the inclusion of Dilger as a staff writer certainly hasn't helped this site's reputation. There's fan boys and then there's Dilger.
post #194 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

All of the other Android fanbots who showed up in an attempt to scribble their thoughts here are just reinforcing the stereotype that Google attracts stupid customers who think they are saving money by paying a little dime rather than a big fat nickel, and then get all bent out of shape when you point out facts like $0.05 < $0.10.

And the fact that you feel okay attacking readers who dare criticize the sensationalist nature of your article doesn't say much about your brand of journalism. Nor does your need to resort to insults say much about your own intellectual prowess. It's somewhere along the juvenile retort of "I know you are but what am I?" If you want to play at being a journalist, then man up, grow a tougher skin and take the lumps. Don't act like a petulant child when any dares to question you.

Honestly, it's people like you and Apple ][ that make me want to never own another Apple product; I dread the concept that anyone would see my iPad and associate me with the prickish behavior you two show. I might use Apple products but I feel no need to worship them or tirelessly defend their honor.
post #195 of 204
So, when SJ was talking about atomic bombs when thinking to Android, he was not using a metaphor?
post #196 of 204
Dear AppleInsider,

You have reached a new low. I will no longer visit your website.


v/r
Joe
post #197 of 204

Of course Al Quaeda prefers Android — how could they use a device sporting a logo depicting the original syn's symbol? :-D

Moreover, Android's logo vaguely resembles a robot wearing a burqa, or, less vaguely, a walking mine ;-)


Edited by robegian - 8/5/14 at 2:50am
post #198 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Have you been on twitter? Journalists and people respond to negative attacks because they are human.

Acknowledging them only gives them revelance, and importance thus giving them more reason to antagonize.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #199 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Have you been on twitter? Journalists and people respond to negative attacks because they are human.

Acknowledging them only gives them revelance, and importance thus giving them more reason to antagonize.

So you're saying that humans shouldn't be given relevance.

Got it.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #200 of 204

Hey TS, there's a straw man the size of your house over here!

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Al-Qaeda prefers Android over Apple's iOS