or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: 'iPhone 6' to feature 2100mAh battery, 46% increase from iPhone 5s
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rumor: 'iPhone 6' to feature 2100mAh battery, 46% increase from iPhone 5s - Page 2

post #41 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

So just because Samsung says the iPhone battery is weak its true now?

 

Really?

 

Just because Samsung is willing to spend a few million of their TWENTY BILLION DOLLAR marketing budget it makes it a REAL PROBLEM?

 

Really?

 

I guess those commercials do work on the weak minded.

 

So I guess it also means that iPad owners wish they really had a physical keyboard like the Surface because Microsoft adverstises that?

I didn't say it was a real problem to the point it would make me switch. I said if you survey iPhone users and ask them how the phone could be improved, battery life is at the top of their list. Stop being such a brainless fanboi.

post #42 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

This is similar to sports cars and gas mileage. 

 

Right. The sports car really DOES get shitty gas mileage. People buy them anyway.

 

The same may be true of the iPhone. The fact that the way you and I use it allows us to get through the day without "filling up" is not an indication that the mileage is good. Maybe Apple's research does NOT indicate that most users are satisfied with the battery. Maybe it shows that, even though they're not, they continue to buy iPhones anyway. It could be that the battery life really IS worse than other devices, but since people buy them anyway, and make that choice based on the device being cool and sexy, Apple chooses to continue giving higher priority to thin and light rather than significantly extending battery life.


Edited by Lorin Schultz - 8/6/14 at 10:36am

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply
post #43 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post

I wouldn't mind trading some thinness and weight against a whole-day battery life... The 5S is gorgeous, but if you use LTE or the GPS a lot, an external battery or battery case is pretty much a requirement. I'd love to have the option of a 5Ah battery, even if that meant a thicker, heavier phone.

STFU Already.... Blah blah blah.... Every time there's a post, or a rumor about a change in battery, or a mention of a new battery you crybabies come out!!! Enough already.... You people act like this is the first time this is ever been mentioned! Deal with it and buy a backup battery source, or another brand of phone!!!! We all know about the battery life issues!!!
post #44 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post
 

I have battery cases. Lots of them. They're bulky and inefficient. It takes a huge battery case to add the same amount of juice you'd get with a slightly thicker and heavier phone. I'm glad you love your iPhone, but you're clearly pulling your 99% figure right out of your nether regions. Battery life is an issue with all smartphones, and the iPhone in particular. If Apple is, as the rumor says, coming up with two new iPhone sizes, they're obviously aware that "one size fits all" is not the way to go, so why not come up with one model that has huge battery life, for the "1%" so your "99%" doesn't have to suffer?

 

If battery life was such a huge problem customers would stop buying iPhones.

But every year they are selling more and more even though the competition is selling there phones for cheaper and cheaper.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #45 of 133
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Shocking to hear, perhaps, but not everyone's situation is like yours.

 

“But... but... there are 50,000,000 reasons you’re wrong!”

 

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post
More baseless rumors do not make them true.

 

Wait, what’s baseless about this? Other than the fact that there’s absolutely no proof of it whatsoever and not even a hinting of truth?

 

I mean to say, the phone is getting physically larger. Therefore the battery WILL be physically larger. Doesn’t seem like too much of a stretch.

 

Originally Posted by MagnetPhreak View Post
We all know about the battery life issues!!!

 

What battery life issues? There aren’t any.

post #46 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post
 

I didn't say it was a real problem to the point it would make me switch. I said if you survey iPhone users and ask them how the phone could be improved, battery life is at the top of their list. Stop being such a brainless fanboi.

 

how do you know this?

 

have you suveyed thousands of people?

 

you are the one taking things out of your azz.

 

My proof is that every year Apple sells more and more iPhones.  If it was such a huge problem they would have improved it long ago.

 

You said it was true since Samsung made a commercial out of it.  That is the defintion of BRAINLESS.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #47 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 


nope.  Your real world usage is not accurate.  It all depends on wifi signal, LTE signal, ect, and THOUSANDS of other variables.

 

The review I posted said they had similiar battery life.

 

This other review using a test enviroment has the MotoX last shorter than the 5

http://blog.laptopmag.com/moto-x-phone-battery-life-how-it-stacks-up

 

again you cant rely on real world.  You need to compare the phones doing the exact SAME THING AT THE SAME TIME.

 

Because the average user runs countless tests in real life?  No, sorry.  Again, you fail. The average user uses their own real world experience or compares their usage to a friend who owns another phone/brand.

post #48 of 133
Given their huge market share, Apple could easily have several models of iPhone and make everyone happy, including one with longer battery life and a sport model that can manage life in the outdoors.

It's ridiculous that Apple goes to so much trouble to create a beautiful iPhone but, because of limited battery life or ruggedness, many have to cover those good looks with someone else's case. I really do think Apple's design team could come up with several attractive models.
post #49 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post
 

 

Right. The sports car really DOES get shitty gas mileage. People buy them anyway.

 

The same may be true of the iPhone. The fact that the way you and I use it allows us to get through the day without "filling up" is not an indication that the mileage is good. Maybe Apple's research does NOT indicate that most users are satisfied with the battery. Maybe it shows that, even though they're not, they continue to buy iPhones anyway. It could be that the battery life really IS worse than other devices, but since people buy them anyway, and make that choice based on the device being cool and sexy, Apple chooses to continue giving higher priority to thin and light rather than significantly extending battery life.

 

I'm pretty sure if a large population of people could only go through half a day of battery life there would be a ton of lost sales.  But the increasing sales EVERY YEAR show thats not true.

 

if my iPhone would only last 5 hours a day I would definetly get a battery pack or switch to another phone.

 

But under regular use the phone should last 12 hours easily

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #50 of 133
As long as the phone lasts all day for the vast majority of users that should be all Apple has to do. It's a never ending cycle. What people want is the current phone factor with a better battery. Because once you thicken and add weight to the phone people will complain. I myself have a battery case and a battery pack that I mostly use for trips when I know I won't be near a jack for extended periods of time. Besides those times I and I know a plethora of users can get through most of the day on a full charge.

And like others stated there are so many factors that affect battery life.
You can't spell appeal without Apple.
Reply
You can't spell appeal without Apple.
Reply
post #51 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkling View Post

Given their huge market share, Apple could easily have several models of iPhone and make everyone happy, including one with longer battery life and a sport model that can manage life in the outdoors.

It's ridiculous that Apple goes to so much trouble to create a beautiful iPhone but, because of limited battery life or ruggedness, many have to cover those good looks with someone else's case. I really do think Apple's design team could come up with several attractive models.

 

No.  thats the Samdung model.   Making dozens of phones.  Look where they are now.

 

Apple can keep prices low because they make so few models.

Keep prices low?  Yes I said that.  Look at the build quality and materials between the iPhone5S vs teh Samdung S5.  Beautiful metal vs cheap azz plastic.  Yet they cost the same on release.  If Apple made dozens of type of phones like Samdung they would have to either take profit hits or raise prices.

 

If you are clumsy, constantly drop your phone in the toilet, or stream netflix all day - go buy a case that fits your needs.  For the rest of use normal users we love the beautiful look and feel of the phone.  There is ZERO reason for Apple to make specialized phones for the very few who have 'special needs'

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #52 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 


whats so hard about buying a battery case?

 

Thats the point I don't get.  If you want the phone to be bigger and heavier so it has better battery life why not just buy a battery case? 

 

Again making the phone heavier is hurting 99% of the buyers and benefiting only 1%.

 

For myself I absolutely LOVE the weight and size of the 5S.  So  much so I refuse to buy a regular case for it because of adding any weight or bulk.

Can you please document that only 1% want a larger battery. In my job we have 5000+ iPhones, I have asked a number of the people working close to me, and more than half the people asked would prefer a larger battery at the penalty of a little more weight and thickness. Several people, including myself, have battery cases, and I have yet to talk to someone who likes this solution. I have no problems with you saying what you yourself prefer, but stop telling that 99% of other people thinks like you do unless you can document it.

post #53 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post
 

I'd rather have a thinner, lighter phone than a thicker, heavier one.  Even if it meant 10 hour battery life instead of 16.  There's a tradeoff in size and battery life, and Apple has hit that mark since they started I believe.  Need I point any doubters to the Macbook Pro Retina or MacBook Airs?

One of the big reasons I bought my first Macbook (13" Air) is because it had the Haswell processor which gave it a very long battery life and great sleep-mode power savings.  It's why I chose it over a Macbook Pro.  It's the first laptop that I've really, really enjoyed using for spur-of-the-moment surfing because it wakes up quickly and I don't have to worry about re-charging it.  The 10+ hours of operating time is a huge factor in my enjoyment of that computer.

 

For some of us, long battery life is a serious and significant consideration.   It's good that Apple is going to produce a phone for those of us who prefer longer battery life and bigger screens.  I presume they'll also keep producing the smaller sized phones as well.

post #54 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post
 

 

Because the average user runs countless tests in real life?  No, sorry.  Again, you fail. The average user uses their own real world experience or compares their usage to a friend who owns another phone/brand.

 

No you are wrong.

 

you need to test these things in a controlled environment.  It blows my mind you don't understand this.   You do know that if you have a weak LTE or Wifi signal it will take a ton of battery life?  There are thousands of variables that will make your real world test flawed.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #55 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPT View Post
 

Can you please document that only 1% want a larger battery. In my job we have 5000+ iPhones, I have asked a number of the people working close to me, and more than half the people asked would prefer a larger battery at the penalty of a little more weight and thickness. Several people, including myself, have battery cases, and I have yet to talk to someone who likes this solution. I have no problems with you saying what you yourself prefer, but stop telling that 99% of other people thinks like you do unless you can document it.

 

My documentation is increased iPhone sales every year.

 

If this was such a huge problem sales would have dropped or Apple would have fixed it.

 

I beat half of those guys at work who are grumbling don't recharge their phone each night.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #56 of 133

Well I will chill you a little bit it just about 35% bigger as the iPhone 5S got an 5.92 Wh battery (1560 mAh) which is rather huge for a ultra thin 4" phone. But going back to 4S to 5 transition, we saw noticeable battery life gains with just about 3% battery size increase. And this is far bigger than that, so its safe to say the new iPhone will get a noticeably better battery life as well, there will be that hard battery capacity that will not let it down. It will be biggest battery size increase in iPhone history (if true) eclipsing even iPhone 3GS to 4 transition at about 16% and boy that was an incredible battery life on the 4 compared to 3GS back then.... Ok so maybe I didn't chilled anyone with such post.

post #57 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

My documentation is increased iPhone sales every year.

 

If this was such a huge problem sales would have dropped or Apple would have fixed it.

So you have no documentation at all ! Quite what  I expected. Who said this was such I HUGE problem, people buy iPhones based on an overall assessment, and except for some people writing here, most of them don't believe that all aspects of the iPhone is perfect, but are willing to accept some less than perfect features if it all sums up be be the subjectively perceived best phone.

post #58 of 133

Of course we all want longer battery life, and, with each iteration of the iPhone, Apple has reduced its physical size and/or run time.  There is a point of diminishing returns on battery life v. size.  Barring a massive increase in run time (12+ real use hours), I'd guess that Apple is already walking that line.  I hope they are well positioned to continue this trend through innovative hardware AND software.

 

In my case, I regularly hit the <30% point on my phone after a day of regular use, but have only once risked loosing power.  If I go for a long run (~2hrs) and use Nike+, my battery will easily go from a full charge to under 50%.  With that said, these situations aren't a problem for me since I am not usually far from a power source.  

 

Improving battery life is number three on my list of wish-list iPhone improvements. 

post #59 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusephe View Post
 

Well I will chill you a little bit it just about 35% bigger as the iPhone 5S got an 5.92 Wh battery (1560 mAh) which is rather huge for a ultra thin 4" phone. But going back to 4S to 5 transition, we saw noticeable battery life gains with just about 3% battery size increase. And this is far bigger than that, so its safe to say the new iPhone will get a noticeably better battery life as well, there will be that hard battery capacity that will not let it down. It will be biggest battery size increase in iPhone history (if true) eclipsing even iPhone 3GS to 4 transition at about 16% and boy that was an incredible battery life on the 4 compared to 3GS back then.... Ok so maybe I didn't chilled anyone with such post.

You shouldn't talk like this, it may be perceived as if you imply that Apple intentionally has sacrified a tiny weight decrease thereby maybe admitting that their previous trade off was less than perfect.

post #60 of 133
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

My proof is that every year Apple sells more and more iPhones.  If it was such a huge problem they would have improved it long ago.

 

Must be why they don’t make a phablet, then, huh. 

post #61 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPT View Post
 

So you have no documentation at all ! Quite what  I expected. Who said this was such I HUGE problem, people buy iPhones based on an overall assessment, and except for some people writing here, most of them don't believe that all aspects of the iPhone is perfect, but are willing to accept some less than perfect features if it all sums up be be the subjectively perceived best phone.

 

I have the best documentation.

 

Money.  people vote with their wallet.  iPhone sales are exploding up every year.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #62 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Must be why they don’t make a phablet, then, huh. 

 

the tech wasn't ready.

 

just ask Mr Cook

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #63 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

I have the best documentation.

 

Money.  people vote with their wallet.  iPhone sales are exploding up every year.

Then please document that no other trade-off of the iPhone parameters could have resulted in a larger sale!

post #64 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPT View Post
 

Then please document that no other trade-off of the iPhone parameters could have resulted in a larger sale!

 

One of the main attractions of an iPhone is its appearance.

 

Stuffing a large azz battery in it will detract from it

 

Why fix it if it isn't broken?  Why risk BILLIONS by putting a large azz battery in teh phone a risk losing millions of users?

 

And where does it end?  If you give 15 hour battery life why not 24 hours? or 48 hours? Just make it bigger, fatter, and heavier?

When does it end?

 

Do you SERIOUSLY think a $600,000,000,000 company does not do extensive research to see what their clients want?  Seriously!!!

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #65 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

No you are wrong.

 

you need to test these things in a controlled environment.  It blows my mind you don't understand this.   You do know that if you have a weak LTE or Wifi signal it will take a ton of battery life?  There are thousands of variables that will make your real world test flawed.

 

Oh. My. God.

 

I'm SAYING that the AVERAGE USER isn't going to run tests such as this.  They're simply going to compare with friends or with other phones they themselves have owned.  How are you not comprehending this?

 

Again - for ME, I'm happy but wouldn't mind a bit better battery life for the days I'm out and about all day.

post #66 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I forgot about the iPad mini. Was it as noticeable as the 3rd gen iPad?

I guess that's subjective. For me it was the clear reason (together with the weight) not to upgrade from my old mini. As much as I love its from factor and the retina display of my bigger iPad.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man.
Reply
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man.
Reply
post #67 of 133

Here's the thing- you are one of the lucky ones that don't have problem with it. I am not unfortunately. My battery is abysmal. Even with plugging in all the time, can't go a couple hours without it draining. Seems hit an miss- but there seem to be a LOT of people with battery issues.

post #68 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post
 

 

Oh. My. God.

 

I'm SAYING that the AVERAGE USER isn't going to run tests such as this.  They're simply going to compare with friends or with other phones they themselves have owned.  How are you not comprehending this?

 

Again - for ME, I'm happy but wouldn't mind a bit better battery life for the days I'm out and about all day.

 

The professional reviewers do.

 

And that's why I added two links.  And in both instances the iPhone either out performed or was equal to the MotoX.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #69 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

The professional reviewers do.

 

And that's why I added two links.  And in both instances the iPhone either out performed or was equal to the MotoX.

 

You don't get it.  Never mind.

post #70 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post
 

 

You don't get it.  Never mind.

 

I do get it. 

 

The grass is always greener on the other side.

 

Numerous test PROVE that your opinion is wrong.  The MotoX battery life is not significantly better than the iPhone.   There's no other way to say it.  You are comparing using the Moto for 1 week compared to an iPhone for years.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #71 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

One of the main attractions of an iPhone is its appearance.

 

Stuffing a large azz battery in it will detract from it

 

Why fix it if it isn't broken?  Why risk BILLIONS by putting a large azz battery in teh phone a risk losing millions of users?

There appears to be two parameters in the iPhone design that when criticized here make a number of people go ballistic. One is the trade-offs related to thickness and battery, and the other one the size of the screen. Based on the article leading to this discussion, and the general belief that there will be at least one larger iPhone launched, it MAY look like Apple is rethinking these parameters. I don't think that will result in Apple loosing millions of users, but rather quite the opposite. 

post #72 of 133
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
the tech wasn't ready.

 

No, it has always been ready. People aren’t ready. Because they don’t want to be.

 

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
The professional reviewers do.

 

And in what universe are those regular users, then?

post #73 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Moll View Post
 

Here's the thing- you are one of the lucky ones that don't have problem with it. I am not unfortunately. My battery is abysmal. Even with plugging in all the time, can't go a couple hours without it draining. Seems hit an miss- but there seem to be a LOT of people with battery issues.

You sure you didn't misspell your name? Shouldn't it be Russell Troll?

post #74 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

I do get it. 

 

The grass is always greener on the other side.

 

Numerous test PROVE that your opinion is wrong.  The MotoX battery life is not significantly better than the iPhone.   There's no other way to say it.  You are comparing using the Moto for 1 week compared to an iPhone for years.

 

3 weeks.  You fail at comprehension.

post #75 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

And in what universe are those regular users, then?

 

42

post #76 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPT View Post
 

There appears to be two parameters in the iPhone design that when criticized here make a number of people go ballistic. One is the trade-offs related to thickness and battery, and the other one the size of the screen. Based on the article leading to this discussion, and the general belief that there will be at least one larger iPhone launched, it MAY look like Apple is rethinking these parameters. I don't think that will result in Apple loosing millions of users, but rather quite the opposite. 

 

I agree.  But a larger screen was just not possible last year.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #77 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

No, it has always been ready. People aren’t ready. Because they don’t want to be.

 

 

And in what universe are those regular users, then?

 

WSJ: People want a bigger screen iPhone. Are you against that?

Cook: What we’ve said is that until the technology is ready, we don’t want to cross that line. That doesn’t say we’ll never do it. We want to give our customers what’s right in all respects – not just the size but in the resolution, in the clarity, in the contrast, in the reliability. There are many different parameters to measure a display and we care about all those, because we know that’s the window to the software.

 

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/02/07/apple-still-a-growth-company-cook-says-in-journal-interview/

 

Tim Cook said it himself.  He said the tech wasn't ready for a large screen iPhone.  So should i believe you or Mr Cook?

 

And one reason he gave was......battery life. LOL.

 

 

 

Professional reviewers test the phones in a controlled environment.  Thats the difference.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #78 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

I'm pretty sure if a large population of people could only go through half a day of battery life there would be a ton of lost sales.

 

Maybe, but not necessarily. There are lots of reasons to buy an iPhone, so people MAY choose to buy them IN SPITE of knowing they have poor battery life. Buying it anyway doesn't mean they're happy, they're just less UNHAPPY than they would be with an Android device.

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply
post #79 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post
 

 

Maybe, but not necessarily. There are lots of reasons to buy an iPhone, so people MAY choose to buy them IN SPITE of knowing they have poor battery life. Buying it anyway doesn't mean they're happy, they're just less UNHAPPY than they would be with an Android device.

 

None of the professional reviews mention the iPhone battery life is horrible.  Trust me.  If millions of people were getting 4 hours battery life the media would run with that story 24 hours a day.

 

I only hear it from individuals on forums.  They probably have defective phones or are 1% that are heavy users.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #80 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

One of the main attractions of an iPhone is its appearance.

 

Stuffing a large azz battery in it will detract from it

 

Why fix it if it isn't broken?  Why risk BILLIONS by putting a large azz battery in teh phone a risk losing millions of users?

 

 

And where does it end?  If you give 15 hour battery life why not 24 hours? or 48 hours? Just make it bigger, fatter, and heavier?

When does it end?

 

Do you SERIOUSLY think a $600,000,000,000 company does not do extensive research to see what their clients want?  Seriously!!!

 

Which is why they're going to release a phone with a bigger screen and battery.

 

Also, your ridiculous "where does it end" argument can work against you as well.  Why not make the next iPhone smaller, lighter, so it only lasts 4 hrs on a charge?   People care about the appearance.  Shouldn't they make a tiny phone that even Zoolander would like?  

 

Obviously there's a limit in either direction.  Just because someone is suggesting that a longer-lasting battery is better doesn't mean and he is arguing that a 48-hour heavy-use capability is a necessity.

 

Also, the point of fixing something BEFORE it is broken is because Apple is accountable to its shareholders and always fighting to keep its profits high.  Large screen phones are a growing trend and Apple is already 2 years behind the times in producing one.  Quite clearly, they've come to the conclusion that this is something their customers want.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Rumor: 'iPhone 6' to feature 2100mAh battery, 46% increase from iPhone 5s
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: 'iPhone 6' to feature 2100mAh battery, 46% increase from iPhone 5s