or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Yosemite Mail

Yosemite Mail

post #1 of 7

I am running the beta version of Yosemite released to the public. I have one serious problem! Mail quits immediately when I attempt to open it. I have sent Apple several instances using the Feedback Assistant. It's now almost two weeks since I installed the Yosemite beta and no solution is forth coming. I tried to run my Mac from my backup disk which is still running Maverick but that didn't work. My wife is ready to kill me! Help please!

post #2 of 7
What does the long crash log say when it crashes?
post #3 of 7
Mail unexpectedly quit
post #4 of 7

I'm always amused when people are surprised that a BETA has bugs.

Why would you run a BETA of the OS on a computer that you need to have operational?... 

(BTW: Apple will not respond to your "reports" ... they use them to fix the OS, but you'll not get a response.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #5 of 7
My wife is the only one who uses the computer. We both have iPads so she can get her mail there but she wants it on the Mac. I have been a Mac user since 1984 and I have done beta software for many company's. This is the first time I did it on Mac system software because it was never offered to the publi before. I'm not an expert but I usually figure out things, but this one has me stumped.
post #6 of 7
...😶...

Proud AAPL stock owner.

Vote for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho 2016!

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

Vote for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho 2016!

GOA

post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by duve View Post

Mail unexpectedly quit

The long crash log when you hit the report button.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Yosemite Mail