or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple's second-gen iPad Air purportedly shown with thinner design, Touch ID in new photos

Apple's second-gen iPad Air purportedly shown with thinner design, Touch ID in new photos

post #1 of 7
A series of photos that surfaced Friday from central Europe claim to show a fully-assembled, second-generation iPad Air featuring a more svelte design, an updated speaker grille, and an integrated Touch ID sensor.

While the first-generation iPad Air is essentially the same thickness as the iPhone 5s, the unit shown by Hungarian website iMagazin appears noticeably thinner than Apple's flagship handset. The supposed device also sports the latter's fingerprint-reading home button.

In addition, the speaker grilles -- featuring a single row of relatively larger holes -- match up with previous "leaked" parts from the Far East. The current iPad Air ships with a two-row design of smaller holes.

Little else can be gleaned from the photos, and the unit was not powered on. It remains possible that the device shown is simply a mockup, though it does appear to boast a high degree of fit-and-finish.

Not much is known about Apple's plans for the next-generation iPad Air, with most speculation so far centered around the appearance of Apple's new "A8" application processor and the inclusion of Touch ID. The company is also thought to be considering a gold color variant.
post #2 of 7

The Touch ID iPad Air 2 is going to sell like crazy.

I know that I'll be getting one for sure. It's a good time for me to upgrade.

post #3 of 7
I upgraded from the iPad 3 to the iPad Air last year, so I probably won't upgrade again...but I'd love to get my hands on the iPad Mini w/ Touch ID. Surely I could justify owning both? :-D
post #4 of 7

Looks good. I rarely use my iPads but I will probably upgrade to this one.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #5 of 7

Looks like AI took this article off the home page for some reason.

post #6 of 7

Found this at the bottom of the original article. It was apparently all fake. Probably explains why it was removed.

Disclaimer for non-English speakers:

WARNING! Reading If you come this far, then we'll tell you, the pictures hurt Were Shown here made ​​to show you, how easy it is to produce any fake content. Of course I wrote the article relying on Information Which Probably would turn out true, so we would not get busted at the first sentence. :) I am sure many people will take this article for Granted, Because now people would not read through the posts. Not just in Hungary, all over the globe. We are living the fast life, we do not have time for reading all day long. But sadly, there are a lot of fake news and Half-Truths revolving around the world.It's really easy to begin every post you write, telling this comes from an exclusive source, without any facts. Meaning, there's a little chance, hurt like a blog would know about us SUCH a huge information, before the New York Times, Walt Mossberg or ... A piece of advice: Read multiple sources, Themis really read through, and think logically. Sorry for this prank, but this time of the year is the Dulles and it was a little joke for Friday night for our readers. :)

post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Found this at the bottom of the original article. It was apparently all fake. Probably explains why it was removed.

Disclaimer for non-English speakers:

WARNING! Reading If you come this far, then we'll tell you, the pictures hurt Were Shown here made ​​to show you, how easy it is to produce any fake content. Of course I wrote the article relying on Information Which Probably would turn out true, so we would not get busted at the first sentence. :) I am sure many people will take this article for Granted, Because now people would not read through the posts. Not just in Hungary, all over the globe. We are living the fast life, we do not have time for reading all day long. But sadly, there are a lot of fake news and Half-Truths revolving around the world.It's really easy to begin every post you write, telling this comes from an exclusive source, without any facts. Meaning, there's a little chance, hurt like a blog would know about us SUCH a huge information, before the New York Times, Walt Mossberg or ... A piece of advice: Read multiple sources, Themis really read through, and think logically. Sorry for this prank, but this time of the year is the Dulles and it was a little joke for Friday night for our readers. :)

Ha!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple's second-gen iPad Air purportedly shown with thinner design, Touch ID in new photos
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple's second-gen iPad Air purportedly shown with thinner design, Touch ID in new photos