or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple, Inc. Diversity video narrated by new VP of Human Resources Denise Young-Smith

Apple, Inc. Diversity video narrated by new VP of Human Resources Denise Young-Smith - Page 2

post #41 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by payeco View Post

Didn't watch the video yet, but you've got to find some humor in the preview image of the 'diversity' video. 90% white dudes, a couple of white women, two brown people and an Asian guy.

watch the video
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
post #42 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I didn't like the video.

I'd rather see a video of Apple's products. I believe that Apple should stay out of political issues and not push liberal propaganda.

Its not about political issues or liberal propaganda.

Its about being fair.
Its about being just.
Its about having compassion for people.
Its about defeating hate, and fear, and divisiveness

Thats what i got from the video.
That Apple accepts people of all races, nationalities, ages, sex, ect, ect, ect.

I give Cook an A+ for being willing to face these difficult and important issues straight on.
The world is not just about making maximum money and profits.
I'm glad to own part of a company that actually has a conscience.
post #43 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Diversity video...who gives a flying ****?

I want Apple to make the revolutionary products that has made them famous. I couldn't give two shits about diversity.

Diversity, schmersity. It's true that diversity is the contemporary cool thing that you're supposed to celebrate and encourage if you want to be politically correct and feeble-minded. It's still a pile of wank. 

There is nothing good about diversity. If you want to own a winning team of basketball players of black people, knock yourself out. If you want to surround yourself with people like yourself, be my guest. If you want to immerse yourselves in other people's cultures and acquire lots of friends from around the earth, the world's your oyster.

But diversity has nothing to do with excellence, which is the only thing Apple should be interested in.

Accepting people of all backgrounds, ages, ethnicities is not the 'contemporary cool thing' lately.
It has ALWAYS been the cool and RIGHT thing to do.

You bring up race. But that's only a fraction of true diversity. What about age? Do you know how many older workers can't find jobs because of age discrimination? Or what about religion? Or discrimination against gays? ect. ect. ect. Its not too long ago that major companies would refuse to hire Gay workers.

Apple never said anything about hiring incompetent people. They will always hire the best. The difference is they won't allow DIFFERENCES in race, age, sex, ect to stop them from hiring anyone. That is the message.

I own over $100k in Apple stock. I should be the one with the attitude that the only thing that matters is profits. The hell with everything else. That's short term thinking. Corrupt and amoral people leading a company and company culture will eventual rot the whole organization. Who wouldn't want to work for a company that accepts ALL TYPES of PEOPLE? A company that cares more about the QUALITY of your work instead of your skin color, age, sex, ect?
post #44 of 105
Quote:

I love the comments, because this my friend is what true diversity is! Diversity of opinions! This is no fake slogan, or some fascist liberal utopia, this is real diversity.

Of course to a group thinking liberal who marches in lockstep to whatever the liberal agenda for the day is, diversity means that tolerance and acceptance of others is only a one way street!

Since when was treating everyone fairly a 'liberal agenda for the day'?

Treating everyone fairly regardless of race, age, sex, religion, gay, ect is not a AGENDA.
Its being a DECENT human.

Stop bringing up politics. This has nothing to do with politics.
post #45 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Such a dumb post. 'Embracing diversity' can only mean positive discrimination. You directly contradict yourself in one paragraph. You start by saying that Apple obviously pick the best person for the job. They can only do that by not embracing diversity. You finish by saying that giving a false impression of diversity in a promo video, it will encourage other companies to embrace diversity. So it's okay for other companies to not pick the best person for the job, but it isn't okay for Apple? Maybe it's a subtle ploy to degrade other companies' workforces!

Wrong.

Apple or Tim Cook never said they would hire incompentent people.

Apple will hire the BEST PEOPLE regardless of race, age, sex, religion, gay or not, ect, ect, ect.
post #46 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

So let's say Apple has some product designers, engineers and operations employees in a room or Apple's design studio discussing what they want to do with the next Mac Pro. And let's say this room had a mixture of white, black, Asian, male, female, straight, employees. Let's say one of the designers was a gay white male and he had one idea while a straight Asian engineer had a completely different idea. Do they have different ideas because one is Caucasian and gay and the other is Asian and straight?

I guess I'm trying to understand how skin color, gender and sexual orientation provide diversity of ideas/thought. I suppose you could say a female or Asian employee might be more gung-ho for a gold iPhone but wouldn't that be stereotyping? One would think people's opinions and ideas come from more than just their skin color, gender or sexual orientation.

The creative process isn't always about a "defined" path. Sometimes an idea/concept that will not work sparks an idea or thought that leads to a different path or conclusion. Sometimes different life experiences can lead to a better solution. Look at american music it's a fusion of different cultures. It can be advantageous, to the creative process,  to have a different point of view/perspective or to look at a problem with a different mindset or life experience.

Edited by Splif - 8/12/14 at 9:15pm
post #47 of 105
Quote:

I love the comments, because this my friend is what true diversity is! Diversity of opinions! This is no fake slogan, or some fascist liberal utopia, this is real diversity.

Of course to a group thinking liberal who marches in lockstep to whatever the liberal agenda for the day is, diversity means that tolerance and acceptance of others is only a one way street!

:???:

Edited by Splif - 8/12/14 at 9:25pm
post #48 of 105
Quote:

Are you playing the victim card?

post #49 of 105

Apple releases a Black, Silver, Gold (for the descendants of Xerxes), Blue, Yellow, Pink, Green and White iPhones. That is about as inclusive as it gets.

Unless the Rainbow coalition wants Violet, Indigo, Orange and Red phones as well.

post #50 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splif View Post

The creative process isn't always about a "defined" path. Sometimes an idea/concept that will not work sparks an idea or thought that leads to a different path or conclusion. Sometimes different life experiences can lead to a better solution. Look at american music it's a fusion of different cultures. It can be advantageous, to the creative process,  to have a different point of view/perspective or to look at a problem with a different mindset or life experience.
But different life experiences aren't just defined by skin color, gender or sexual orientation. I highly doubt the 70% of males that work at Apple all have the same background and life experiences.
post #51 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Wrong.

Apple will hire the BEST PEOPLE regardless of race, age, sex, religion, gay or not, ect, ect, ect.

Tim Cook said:
Quote:
Apple is committed to transparency, which is why we are publishing statistics about the race and gender makeup of our company. Let me say up front: As CEO, I’m not satisfied with the numbers on this page. They’re not new to us, and we’ve been working hard for quite some time to improve them. We are making progress, and we’re committed to being as innovative in advancing diversity as we are in developing our products.

How do you improve racial and gender statistics without race and gender being a factor when hiring? 1confused.gif
post #52 of 105
Quote:

Wrong.

And if those "Best People for The Job" people are predominately white males, what then? Do you hire them or rush to fill an imaginary quota?

post #53 of 105
Quote:

Its not about political issues or liberal propaganda.

Thats what i got from the video.
That Apple accepts people of all races, nationalities, ages, sex, ect, ect, ect.

I agree, I really liked the video. I think a lot of the time public statements on these issues are made dishonestly. Everybody curates how they present their views on topics so they get the expected reaction. It's in part to distance themselves from people with views objectionable to them. If someone was to write down a list of everything a racist, sexist, homophobe etc would say and if what they say in any way comes close to these statements then they use it as an indicator for those statements being wrong. Unfortunately, some of the things those types of people say are simply inconvenient truths and there's a level of dishonesty in moving too far in the opposite direction for the sake of appearances but we do this all the time. If honesty causes a less positive outcome for all parties involved then dishonesty will seem more appropriate. Again I'm reminded of the Liar Liar scene where after making out, one person asks 'was it good for you?' and the other replies 'I've had better'. Honesty there can't result in a positive outcome for either party. Same if a girl asks if she looks fat.

In this case, when asked about racial or gender ratios, it's not easy to say that you are happy with the ratios if they aren't even. It's dishonest because as this video shows, they already have a good amount of racial and gender diversity but the honest answer doesn't have a positive effect on the people saying it nor the people the message is intended for.

Here's a quick montage (don't quote the image). Some pretty adventurous hairstyles in there (check the hair 2 rows up from the name badges, 2nd from the left), there's even a girl with yellow eyebrows:

post #54 of 105
^^
Just because somebody looks different doesn't mean they think differently. How do I know just by looking at these faces that these people all have different viewpoints and life experiences? Just because one guy has a beard and another has pink hair and a nose ring? I consider that incredibly superficial. Hire based on qualifications, experience and talent, not looks. Not race or gender.
post #55 of 105
Quote:

Tim Cook said:
How do you improve racial and gender statistics without race and gender being a factor when hiring? 1confused.gif

Maybe Mr Cook knows a thing or two about the hiring process at Apple.  He is the CEO by the way.  Maybe he knows of some of the 'old boy network' that leads to hiring people based on connections rather than ability.

Did Cook say that there were too many White Males working at Apple?  No.  No he didn't. 

Don't speculate.  Don't go on a wild goose chase and try to read Mr Cooks mind.

All he said is he wasn't satisfied with the statistics.  That's it.  He wants Apple to improve.  He did not say they will hire more incompetent Blacks/Asians ect and less White men. 

The whole message is Apple wants to hire the best of the BEST regards of age, race, sex, ethnicity, gay or not, ect, ect, ect.

Only the clowns on this thread jump to conclusions and think Cook will cut down on White men hires.

post #56 of 105
Quote:

^^
Just because somebody looks different doesn't mean they think differently. How do I know just by looking at these faces that these people all have different viewpoints and life experiences? Just because one guy has a beard and another has pink hair and a nose ring? I consider that incredibly superficial. Hire based on qualifications, experience and talent, not looks. Not race or gender.

How else would Apple show in a video a wide variety of people?  Stop being ridiculous.  Video is a visual media.  Showing different ages, sex, ethnicities, ect was the best way to make the point.

How else would they do it? 

Bottom line is this:  Apple will hire the BEST of the BEST.  Does not matter your weight, height, background, sex, ethnicity, nationality, gay or not, religion, political viewpoint, ect, ect, ect. 

That's the whole point.  I don't know why thats so hard for you to understand.

post #57 of 105
As a black man, I'm saddened but not surprised by the posts of those who see diversity as a waste of time and effort on the part of Apple. Diversity is America's greatest strength. What appears to be the best person for the job, on paper is really a subjective matter at the least. There are times when the best person is the least likely. One of the benefits of having a diverse workforce is that everyone, because of cultural differences, isn't going to take the same perspective when confronted with a challenge. When everyone brings the same thing to the party, it is easy to predict and manipulate that party. I could go on, but I doubt I could change your mind. I'm just tired of the thinly veiled insults that these conversations engender in some people.

Sigh...
post #58 of 105
Originally Posted by WisdomSeed View Post
...I'm saddened but not surprised by the posts of those who see diversity as a waste of time and effort on the part of Apple.

If you’d read the posts in question, you’d see what is actually being said.

Glad to see that you’re a proponent of actual diversity and not multiculturalism. 

post #59 of 105
Quote:

Bottom line is this:  Apple will hire the BEST of the BEST.  Does not matter your weight, height, background, sex, ethnicity, nationality, gay or not, religion, political viewpoint, ect, ect, ect. 

If this is the case then why is Apple releasing "diversity" numbers? Who cares what percent of your workforce is male, female, black, white, gay or straight if you're just looking for the best?

Cook said he was "not satisfied" with the numbers they released. If all he cares about is having the BEST people work for Apple and he's not satisfied then that means he doesn't think Apple has the BEST people working for it, or it's not hiring the BEST people now. I guess the question is, what does Cook mean when he says he's not satisfied with these numbers, and what is he planning to do to change them? Does he think Apple's workforce being 70% male and 55% white is too high regardless if the people who make up those percentages are the best of the best? Is he going to task Apple recruiters with filtering more female resumes to hiring managers or specifically targeting colleges that have a higher percentage of black/minority students? Because then it's not about hiring the best, it's about hiring the best after certain filters have been applied (i.e. fewer men, especially white men).
post #60 of 105
Quote:

How else would Apple show in a video a wide variety of people?  Stop being ridiculous.  Video is a visual media.  Showing different ages, sex, ethnicities, ect was the best way to make the point.

How else would they do it? 

I don't know why it's so hard for you to answer a simple question. I'll try it again.

If the best person for the job is a white male, if the best group of people for the job end up being white males what then? Do you hire the white males or do you skip over them to fill some imaginary racial quota?

post #61 of 105
The clip is ok.
So keep it like that.
post #62 of 105
Quote:

If this is the case then why is Apple releasing "diversity" numbers? Who cares what percent of your workforce is male, female, black, white, gay or straight if you're just looking for the best?

Cook said he was "not satisfied" with the numbers they released. If all he cares about is having the BEST people work for Apple and he's not satisfied then that means he doesn't think Apple has the BEST people working for it, or it's not hiring the BEST people now. I guess the question is, what does Cook mean when he says he's not satisfied with these numbers, and what is he planning to do to change them? Does he think Apple's workforce being 70% male and 55% white is too high regardless if the people who make up those percentages are the best of the best? Is he going to task Apple recruiters with filtering more female resumes to hiring managers or specifically targeting colleges that have a higher percentage of black/minority students? Because then it's not about hiring the best, it's about hiring the best after certain filters have been applied (i.e. fewer men, especially white men).

Why does Apple release units sold for iPhones, iPads, ect?

Its just one of the data points Cook is using to tract what's going on.  You can't simply rely on feel.  You need data.  The hard part is you won't be able to get data about religion, weight, height, political affiliation, gay, ect without getting into trouble.  But sex and race data is a start.

What did Cook mean when he said he wasn't satisfied?  I have no idea.  And neither do you.  He did not say that he wasn't satisfied that there were too many White Males.  Should Cook be ever satisfied?  The truth is Apple is much more diverse in regards to race then most Tech companies in Cali.  But does that mean they can't improve?  Isn't that what makes Apple special?  They are never satisfied?  Always trying to improve?

Again it could be about hiring practices.  Is Apple really hiring the best?  Or are managers taking short cuts and hiring their friends and family?  Or hiring people who are less qualified because they are in their network?  Are minorities getting paid less for the same type of work than White workers?  Are promotions being given to friends instead of those who deserve it?  I think that's what Cook is talking about.

post #63 of 105
Quote:

Cook said he was "not satisfied" with the numbers they released. If all he cares about is having the BEST people work for Apple and he's not satisfied then that means he doesn't think Apple has the BEST people working for it, or it's not hiring the BEST people now. I guess the question is, what does Cook mean when he says he's not satisfied with these numbers, and what is he planning to do to change them?

I don't think he could have said he was satisfied with the numbers from a PR point of view. That was the point I was making about dishonesty. The video they've shown demonstrates that they already have a diverse workforce but it would come across wrong if he said he was happy with a majority white male workforce. I doubt they'll change their hiring policies to exclude the best candidates but it depends on if they plan to do follow-up numbers in a year or two.
post #64 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

I don't know why it's so hard for you to answer a simple question. I'll try it again.

If the best person for the job is a white male, if the best group of people for the job end up being white males what then? Do you hire the white males or do you skip over them to fill some imaginary racial quota?

Hire the best people for the job regardless of race, sex, religion, gay, political, citizenship, age, ect.

Why are you so hung up on race?  Race is only one of a dozen of factors regarding diversity.

Cook never said he was 'disappointed' because they have too many White Males.  He NEVER SAID THAT.

Apple will hire the BEST of the BEST regardless of race, sex, religion, gay, political, age, ect.

If that means they hire 100% White Males that like country music, so be it.

The message is your race, religion, sex, gay, political, age will not determine if you will be hired or not. 

post #65 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I don't think he could have said he was satisfied with the numbers from a PR point of view. That was the point I was making about dishonesty. The video they've shown demonstrates that they already have a diverse workforce but it would come across wrong if he said he was happy with a majority white male workforce. I doubt they'll change their hiring policies to exclude the best candidates but it depends on if they plan to do follow-up numbers in a year or two.

I agree with this.

Cook could not say he was 100% satisfied.  That would be a PR nightmare.

But they could review hiring practices.

Are they hiring just there friends or family instead of looking for the most qualified person?

Are they giving promotions to only their friends in the company and not those who deserve it?

Are women getting paid equal with men for the same job?

Are gay workers getting paid equal to their skill?

What about non-US citizens?

Are older workers discriminated against in regards to raises and promotions?

There is so much more to diversity than race.

And there is always room for improvement no matter how well the company is doing.  That's the message.

Just like in product development - Apple is never satisfied.  They want to get better and better.  Why not have the same view for employee relations?

IMO, the commercial is great.  Its saying that yes Apple is diverse.  And we will continue to try to treat ALL EMPLOYEES fairly.  And we will continue to try to improve everyday.  What more could you ask?

post #66 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

That's kind of the point, isn't it? Capitulating to strong arm tactics and apparent PR blackmail by Jackson and his political ilk is not a wise position in which Apple should be forced, nor should quotas be implemented which fulfill a checkbox on someone's form instead of seeking out and hiring the best of the best.

Apple already has a fair hiring policy. They alone cannot solve the perceived problems of the world.
Edited by SpamSandwich - 8/13/14 at 12:40pm

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #67 of 105
Quote:

Hire the best people for the job regardless of race, sex, religion, gay, political, citizenship, age, ect.

Why are you so hung up on race?  Race is only one of a dozen of factors regarding diversity.

Cook never said he was 'disappointed' because they have too many White Males.  He NEVER SAID THAT.

Apple will hire the BEST of the BEST regardless of race, sex, religion, gay, political, age, ect.

If that means they hire 100% White Males that like country music, so be it.

The message is your race, religion, sex, gay, political, age will not determine if you will be hired or not. 

The reason many of us are hung up on race is that race-baiters like Jesse Jackson use studies & reports like these to further their racist agenda. Jesse doesn't want the best person for the job, particularly if that person is a white male. He and others want minorities in positions regardless of their qualifications and they don't care if a more qualified white person gets passed over because of it. Reports like these only feed into Jackson's and Sharpton's agendas and only serve to pander to them and accomplish nothing.

post #68 of 105
Quote:

And, if I may add, what ethnic percentage do they strive for?
Is it based on the ethnic population percentage as defined by Wikipedia for example (in that case Apple has to hire more whites and a lot less Asians).
Is it based on the ethnic distribution of everyone graduated at school or university (in a specific year)?
Is it simply an even distribution of all colors and sexual preferences?
Or is it a percentage indicated by press whining?

One thing is clear mr Cook isn't happy with his current work force, and that I wouldn't like if I worked for Apple.
post #69 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

The reason many of us are hung up on race is that race-baiters like Jesse Jackson use studies & reports like these to further their racist agenda. Jesse doesn't want the best person for the job, particularly if that person is a white male. Reports like these only feed into Jackson's and Sharpton's agendas and only serve to pander to them and accomplish nothing.

You may be right.

But Cook can't worry about trolls like jackson.

Cook will do what's best for Apple and his employees.

He could care less (relatively speaking) to what jackson thinks.

post #70 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowitall View Post

And, if I may add, what ethnic percentage do they strive for?
Is it based on the ethnic population percentage as defined by Wikipedia for example (in that case Apple has to hire more whites and a lot less Asians).
Is it based on the ethnic distribution of everyone graduated at school or university (in a specific year)?
Is it simply an even distribution of all colors and sexual preferences?
Or is it a percentage indicated by press whining?

One thing is clear mr Cook isn't happy with his current work force, and that I wouldn't like if I worked for Apple.

Mr Cook never said he wasn't happy with the current work force.  Far from it.  Almost every single earnings call he gushes over how great his employees are ( you should listen to the earnings call to get a better understanding of how much respect and admiration Cook has for his fellow workers) and how they are the reason for Apple's success.  You can't just take one sentence out of context.

he said he was disappointed with the results.  What does that mean?  Who knows.  Go ask Cook before you start trying to read his mind. Maybe Cook got other data that he's not releasing to the public?  I'm pretty sure there was a comments section in the survey.  What if 30% of the workers said the lack of diversity was a problem?  Then what?  Is Cook going to say there is nothing to work on?  Really?

What was the alternative?  Did you want him to say he's 100% satisfied with the results?   Really? 

post #71 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaEarleGreyHot View Post

It's a pity that some people believe fairness, equality, and creating & maintaining a supportive & non-threatening workplace is just politics and liberal propaganda.  If true, then I'm all for ensuring we elect a 100% liberal congress and executive branch in the next cycle.  

Its a bigger pity that some people think those things don't already exist and need to be measured and regulated by a liberal government.

Its a bigger pity that most minorities aren't interested in doing what so many successful white men are.  Because white men are so....white, and nerdy, with their good grades, and hard work, what a bunch of chumps.  Who would wanna be like that?

hint:

The wealthy.

post #72 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

Its a bigger pity that most minorities aren't interested in doing what so many successful white men are

wow.  Thats really is generalizing there.

post #73 of 105
Quote:

Mr Cook never said he wasn't happy with the current work force.  Far from it.  Almost every single earnings call he gushes over how great his employees are ( you should listen to the earnings call to get a better understanding of how much respect and admiration Cook has for his fellow workers) and how they are the reason for Apple's success.  You can't just take one sentence out of context.

he said he was disappointed with the results.  What does that mean?  Who knows.  Go ask Cook before you start trying to read his mind. Maybe Cook got other data that he's not releasing to the public?  I'm pretty sure there was a comments section in the survey.  What if 30% of the workers said the lack of diversity was a problem?  Then what?  Is Cook going to say there is nothing to work on?  Really?

What was the alternative?  Did you want him to say he's 100% satisfied with the results?   Really? 

He could've responded as he does when often asked about upcoming products... "We believe we have the best employees in our company's history and we're very excited about what our diverse culture of innovation will create next."

Always...ALWAYS talk about the product and dismiss self-serving detractors with their own agenda.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #74 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

He could've responded as he does when often asked about upcoming products... "We believe we have the best employees in our company's history and we're very excited about what our diverse culture of innovation will create next."

Always...ALWAYS talk about the product and dismiss self-serving detractors with their own agenda.

HEADLINE:  Cook happy with 70% White Male workforce

Do you not see how that would be a total PR nightmare?

Cook talks about many things besides products.  He talks about Gay rights and the environment.  These large companies have a certain level of social responsibility.  Funny how people bash Company's for not taking a stand on important issues and when one does like Apple they get criticized.

The great thing is its only a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY small minority of people who are upset about Cook's comments and the diversity survey.  So when 99.9999999% of the population is against your point of view, don't you think you may need to reconsider?

post #75 of 105
Quote:

Cook talks about many things besides products.  He talks about Gay rights and the environment.  These large companies have a certain level of social responsibility.  Funny how people bash Company's for not taking a stand on important issues and when one does like Apple they get criticized.

There are a lot of people who throw around the word "rights" in a very casual, careless way in this day and age. It actually has a specific meaning. I suggest brushing up on the language used in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights as a refresher.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #76 of 105
Quote:

... he said he was disappointed with the results.  What does that mean?  Who knows.  Go ask Cook before you start trying to read his mind.
... Is Cook going to say there is nothing to work on?  Really?

It's a statement from Apple and the context is very clear.
If that's not what he meant to say Apple (and mr Cook) has an even bigger problem.
I would expect him to clarify this statement soon.
post #77 of 105
Reminds me of those politically correct TV commercials. You know, the companies that mix different races into disturbing social arrangements (home depot, trip advisor, internet companies, etc). These commercials are unsettling to the average viewer, including minorities.

For example, the home depot barefootin commercial. Are you serious!?
post #78 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

There are a lot of people who throw around the word "rights" in a very casual, careless way in this day and age. It actually has a specific meaning. I suggest brushing up on the language used in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights as a refresher.

stop using an old lawyer trick - diversion

stick to the topic, please.

post #79 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowitall View Post

It's a statement from Apple and the context is very clear.
If that's not what he meant to say Apple (and mr Cook) has an even bigger problem.
I would expect him to clarify this statement soon.

So now you can read Tim Cooks mind!

Awesome!!!

Now tell me when they will bring the iWatch!

STOP making SHEET UP!  for the last time.  Just because it is your viewpoint don't assign that viewpoint to Mr Cook.

post #80 of 105
Quote:

The great thing is its only a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY small minority of people who are upset about Cook's comments and the diversity survey.  So when 99.9999999% of the population is against your point of view, don't you think you may need to reconsider?

It isn't 70 it's 55% (that's a very important issue, see my previous post).
You get rightly criticized when you are taking nonsense (see my previous post for an 'explanation').
Where do you get the numbers from (or is your name 99.9999999%)?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple, Inc. Diversity video narrated by new VP of Human Resources Denise Young-Smith