or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Another purported 'iPhone 6' leak suggests Apple's 4.7" model will have larger 1810mAh battery

Another purported 'iPhone 6' leak suggests Apple's 4.7" model will have larger 1810mAh battery - Page 2

post #41 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post
Maybe, but not a 4g iPad.

Pish posh.

:)

"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #42 of 56
Quote:

To Miss C. Hannah: no, a 4g iPad doesn't exist. The current iPads weigh between 0.75 and 1.05 pounds, nowhere near 4 grams. To pretend otherwise is silly.

It's customary in the US to use Imperial units of weight except for pharmaceuticals.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #43 of 56
Quote:

I really doubt a 4g iPad or iPod will exist for a very long time; the technology is simply nowhere near there yet. I'm sure Apple will manage to shave some more weight of the 1lb iPad Air, though.

Ben, you do realize that the iPad has sold with a 4G option since 2012, right?

post #44 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Apple released a new 8GB model also called iPhone 4, well after the larger screen iPhone 5 began selling.

Don't forget the iPad 2 with the 32nm A5 chip after the iPad (3) was being sold.
Edited by SolipsismX - 8/17/14 at 3:25pm

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #45 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

Apple released a new 8GB model also called iPhone 4, well after the larger screen iPhone 5 began selling.

Don't forge the iPad 2 with the 32nm A5 chip after the iPad (3) was being sold.

I'm not sure that blacksmiths are involved with forging the iPad 2, but correct me if I'm mistaken.

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #46 of 56
Quote:

To Miss C. Hannah: no, a 4g iPad doesn't exist. The current iPads weigh between 0.75 and 1.05 pounds, nowhere near 4 grams. To pretend otherwise is silly.
Not talking weight, talking cellular. Obviosly a IPad at same weight of IPad/ iPhone will probably never come.
post #47 of 56
Quote:

It's customary in the US to use Imperial units of weight except for pharmaceuticals.

Yeah, we've noticed. Try to catch up, okay?

Besides, the person making the (alleged) "joke" does not reside in the USA. The majority of the world's population does not. It's fine if you guys want to do your own thing in your own little block of the planet (well, not really your OWN thing, it's actually a holdover from your days as a British colony which makes your sticking with it all the more ironic), just don't expect the rest of us to try to remember how many Buckets in a Wagonload.

(;))

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Audio Engineer

post #48 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post

Yeah, we've noticed. Try to catch up, okay?

Besides, the person making the (alleged) "joke" does not reside in the USA. The majority of the world's population does not. It's fine if you guys want to do your own thing in your own little block of the planet (well, not really your OWN thing, it's actually a holdover from your days as a British colony which makes your sticking with it all the more ironic), just don't expect the rest of us to try to remember how many Buckets in a Wagonload.

(1wink.gif )

Don't hate Americans because we're awesome.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #49 of 56
Quote:

Don't hate Americans

I don't. It would be like hating a puppy. Why, some of my best friends are Americans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

because we're awesome.

We know. Being very, very, VERY pleased with yourselves is part of what makes you so cute!

Audio Engineer

Audio Engineer

post #50 of 56
Quote:

I don't. It would be like hating a puppy. Why, some of my best friends are Americans!

We know. Being very, very, VERY pleased with yourselves is part of what makes you so cute!

I hope you're not being serious.

post #51 of 56
Quote:

They're taking this way too personally. And tribally.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #52 of 56
Quote:

Quote:

Of course not. The famous American pride is a fun target for teasing, but it is just that, just fun. No offence intended.

Audio Engineer

Audio Engineer

post #53 of 56

All this strife caused over such a terrible joke.  A joke so terrible, pointless, and badly told, that it needed to be explained not once, but twice.

censored

censored

post #54 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Clear cut proof a 5.5" is not coming. So loud and clear a mute man could smell it.

Maybe the 4.7" model will optionally come inside a 5.5" shell with some extra battery like a Russian doll. That way when you need a phablet, leave it in the giant, unwieldy shell and when you need to use a pocket device like a normal person, just take it out the shell. Asus at least should get on this phabfone idea.
post #55 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

4" models are very likely - they are called iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c.
I said new.
You can't spell appeal without Apple.
You can't spell appeal without Apple.
post #56 of 56
Quote:

Of course not. The famous American pride is a fun target for teasing, but it is just that, just fun. No offence intended.

I'm a Texan. Were even more prideful than Americans. 1biggrin.gif

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Another purported 'iPhone 6' leak suggests Apple's 4.7" model will have larger 1810mAh battery
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Another purported 'iPhone 6' leak suggests Apple's 4.7" model will have larger 1810mAh battery