or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple unlikely to sell sapphire iPhones this year, is setting the stage for future models - JP Morgan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple unlikely to sell sapphire iPhones this year, is setting the stage for future models - JP... - Page 2

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


You clearly stated they didn't use it.

 

Okay, fair enough and I'm sorry, I truly didn't remember the specifics of what I posted, what I do recall is how hard it was to find any site that could tell me when Apple started using Corning glass once more, prior to the iPhone 5 Apple used Lens Tech International, hence all the confusion, I mean no where on Apples or Cornings site does it mention that they use Corning. Anyway, thanks for making me look like a asshole for being confused, appreciate that, though I guess it's not very hard right now in my current state of mind. I know you enjoy things like this, being right all the time, more then I do, so I'm glad one of us walked away from this little conversation happy. My opinion though still hasn't swayed, I still believe the iPhone is easily cracked, especially in the hands of children as I see more iPhone's owned by young adults and children that have cracked displays then any other phone, as a parent I'm glad there are premium protective cases like the Otter.

 

Edit; Actually, looking back at the dates of when I posted those comments, I didn't know Apple used Corning's, it was the display shop that told me, so no reason to make this into something that it's not, you still win though and I'm still an asshole.


Edited by Relic - 8/19/14 at 8:19pm
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Okay, fair enough and I'm sorry, I truly didn't remember the specifics of what I posted, what I do recall is how hard it was to find any site that could tell me when Apple started using Corning glass once more, prior to the iPhone 5 Apple used Lens Tech International, hence all the confusion, I mean no where on Apples or Cornings site does it mention that they use Corning. Anyway, thanks for making me look like a asshole for being confused, appreciate that, though I guess it's not very hard right now in my current state of mind. I know you enjoy things like this, being right all the time, more then I do, so I'm glad one of us walked away from this little conversation happy. My opinion though still hasn't swayed, I still believe the iPhone is easily cracked, especially in the hands of children as I see more iPhone's owned by young adults and children that have cracked displays then any other phone, as a parent I'm glad there are premium protective cases like the Otter.

Edit; Actually, looking back at the dates of when I posted those comments, I didn't know Apple used Corning's, it was the display shop that told me, so no reason to make this into something that it's not, you still win though and I'm still an asshole.

I care not for any labels or even being right, I only care about being correct. I state things incorrectly and misremember things all the time. When I do, and you can show how or where I am incorrect I want you (and everyone else) to let me know. Make me look like an asshole (if that's how you see it) but I want to know what the correct information is.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I care not for any labels or even being right, I only care about being correct. I state things incorrectly and misremember things all the time. When I do, and you can show how or where I am incorrect I want you (and everyone else) to let me know. Make me look like an asshole (if that's how you see it) but I want to know what the correct information is.

I said I was the asshole not you. Whatever you call call it Solipsismx, you come off as very impatient towards anybody that you don't see eye too eye with. You know that I have been suffering as of late, I am no where near to having all of my facilities available to me, it's very apparent to the many mistakes I have been making all over the place. I switched AMD with Nvidia for goodness sakes, it's frustrating, humiliating and I do 't this k I should be reminded of it every time. I know that you need to be, "correct" but I'm also not your typical AppleInsider visited. I use this place to escape my predicament. I'm sorry Solipisismx.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I said I was the asshole not you.

I get that, hence my comment.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #45 of 47

Apple may or may not use sapphire for the iPhone 6,  that is still to be discovered.  But I do not think Apple would spend about 3/4 of a BILLION dollars making a plant that can produce sapphire in HUGE bulk with out seeing it being used in a lot of places.   

 

I understand they have upped the number of furnaces that they are running to 1700 furnaces.  :The building is huge, the solar cell farm and alt energy system is big and expensive.  So I would guess that they totally know what they are doing.  Its just the anal...yst that are totally out of the picture.

 

Just a thought.  

post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldernorm View Post

Apple may or may not use sapphire for the iPhone 6,  that is still to be discovered.  But I do not think Apple would spend about 3/4 of a BILLION dollars making a plant that can produce sapphire in HUGE bulk with out seeing it being used in a lot of places.   

I understand they have upped the number of furnaces that they are running to 1700 furnaces.  :The building is huge, the solar cell farm and alt energy system is big and expensive.  So I would guess that they totally know what they are doing.  Its just the anal...yst that are totally out of the picture.

Just a thought.  

It's par for the course for there to be rumours of Apple not being able to make this or that component for a rumoured date of a rumoured product. Usually these tend to end up being false.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #47 of 47
Sure, fast track a sapphire factory with 2500-3000 furnaces to produce sapphire in August'14 to be used in an iPhone a year later. I believe the chance of no sapphire screen on iPhone is less than 1%.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple unlikely to sell sapphire iPhones this year, is setting the stage for future models - JP Morgan
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple unlikely to sell sapphire iPhones this year, is setting the stage for future models - JP Morgan