or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Photos of supposed fully assembled 'iPhone 6' chassis surface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Photos of supposed fully assembled 'iPhone 6' chassis surface

post #1 of 84
Thread Starter 
Amid the deluge of parts leaks and rumors surrounding the upcoming "iPhone 6," a set of photos on Tuesday mates purportedly leaked rear case and display components in what could be the first look at Apple's next handset.




While the pictures from Russian iPhone retailer Feld & Volk don't show an operating iPhone 6 with working circuitry, they do offer a glimpse at what might be Apple's next handset if past rumors and leaks turn out to be true.

As seen in the image above, posted to the firm's Instagram page and subsequently picked up by MacRumors, the setup is a combination of two supposedly leaked parts that have been making their way around the Web over the past few months.

The rear shell was first seen in May and features rounded edges, redesigned speaker grille and side-mounted sleep/wake button for easy handling. A more complete version with anchors for circuit boards and inlaid radio-transparent Apple logo showed up in late July.

As for the top screen portion, some of the first supposed photos came out in April. It is unknown if today's photos include an assembled display complete with screen, like a version posted to the Web earlier this month, nor is it clear if the Touch ID home button is the same part leaked last month.




Apple is expected to reveal its next-generation iPhone lineup on Sept. 9, with many industry watchers anticipating 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch versions of the handset. Along with the redesign, the next iPhone will likely feature an A8 processor, enhanced camera and iOS 8.
post #2 of 84

At least no more “Why does only one speaker work on my iPhone this is horrible Apple is evil they sold me a broken phone” nonsense.

 

Too old a reference? :p

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #3 of 84
A little bit slow, huh? I posted these pictures in other threat.

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply
post #4 of 84
Nothing wrong with it, but pretty damn plain. Apple simple? Yes. Elegant like a 5S? No.
post #5 of 84

Black band on one picture and white band in the other?

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply
post #6 of 84
post #7 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post

Nothing wrong with it, but pretty damn plain. Apple simple? Yes. Elegant like a 5S? No.

5S is more elegant than...5 or 4/4S...oh, they look the same :). Honestly, I like this design with round edge. I have problem picking my iPhone 5/5S up from the table and I have small fingers...seriously.

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply
post #8 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Looks like a Goophone.

Goophone is copycat...Should we compare an original to a copy?

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply
post #9 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Goophone is copycat...Should we compare an original to a copy?
How do we know these parts aren't Chinese knockoffs? It's clearly not a final Apple product. Looks rough with scratches. Fit and finish is just not there.
post #10 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


How do we know these parts aren't Chinese knockoffs? It's clearly not a final Apple product. Looks rough with scratches. Fit and finish is just not there.

That's why it got QC rejected because of the scratches. I haven't seen Chinese knocked off curved edge screen yet. Have you? 

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply
post #11 of 84

Why is the Touch ID not a metallic color?

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #12 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post
 

Why is the Touch ID not a metallic color?

You meant the ring like in 5S because the Touch ID has never been in metallic color.

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply
post #13 of 84

Something fishy with the second photo. Underneath the audio jack the metal of the case is sort of wavy and there is a silver line that just stops under the speaker. Even the shadow is wavy.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #14 of 84

That Russian site seems to be a site that modifies and sells iPhones. Why would they have an original iPhone 6? Maybe it's something that they came up with themselves.

 

Feld & Volk is a association, consisting of artists and engineers,
who create unique devices developed on the basis of iPhone and iPad.

 

They even sell a real gold iPhone 5s, with 35 grams of gold. And they have a wood iPhone too.

post #15 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post
 

Something fishy with the second photo. Underneath the audio jack the metal of the case is sort of wavy and there is a silver line that just stops under the speaker. Even the shadow is wavy.

Let's look at another one:

Some sht broken underneath. Maybe a chinese knockoff. Maybe not, the fking antenna band was peeled off leaving the gap between the back piece and the frame. Damn, that's a wide gap.


Edited by fallenjt - 8/19/14 at 4:10pm

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply
post #16 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post
 
You meant the ring like in 5S because the Touch ID has never been in metallic color.

You are right. Touch ID couldn't possibly be metallic since it is the feature name for the complete digital fingerprint security system. Of course I meant the ring. Sheeh...

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #17 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

That's why it got QC rejected because of the scratches. I haven't seen Chinese knocked off curved edge screen yet. Have you? 
The bezel on silver iPhones is white not black. Does this mean white is reserved for gold phone only (assuming Apple is keeping gold)? Also it seems odd that a sliver phone with white antenna bands would sport a display with black bezels. Unless the white antenna bands haven't been colored black yet? Or these are two parts for different phones that Feld & Volk just smashed together? I'm a bit skeptical that Apple would be paring silver and black when the 5 and 5s were silver and white.
post #18 of 84
No way.
post #19 of 84
Ya these pictures are pretty weird. I like the squared off look on the iPhone 4-5S. So much cleaner looking. Once it is rounded, it looks more like plastic, like the iPhone 5C and all the android phones.
post #20 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
 

That Russian site seems to be a site that modifies and sells iPhones. Why would they have an original iPhone 6? Maybe it's something that they came up with themselves.

 

Feld & Volk is a association, consisting of artists and engineers,
who create unique devices developed on the basis of iPhone and iPad.

 

They even sell a real gold iPhone 5s, with 35 grams of gold. And they have a wood iPhone too.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


The bezel on silver iPhones is white not black. Does this mean white is reserved for gold phone only (assuming Apple is keeping gold)? Also it seems odd that a sliver phone with white antenna bands would sport a display with black bezels. Unless the white antenna bands haven't been colored black yet? Or these are two parts for different phones that Feld & Volk just smashed together? I'm a bit skeptical that Apple would be paring silver and black when the 5 and 5s were silver and white.

Screen and the back are probably from separate parts. they just put them together for the fitting. I would say Apple will stay with the same color scheme: Black/Slate or Space Grey, White/Silver or Gold. Antenna band is a tricky one: white band on silver is uglier than black on Slate.

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply

Congratulation to Samsung Galaxy S5 for winning CNET's Best Android Phone of the Year 2014

 

"From the owner of iPhone 6+, Best Smart Phone of the Year 2014"

Reply
post #21 of 84
Looks like a redesigned iPhone 3GS.
post #22 of 84
Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post
Elegant like a 5S? No.

 

Looks like a cross between a 1st gen iPhone and a 3rd gen iPod touch.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #23 of 84
The IPhone goes Galaxy- YAWN.
Give us a new product line Apple. How hard is that to accomplish?
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
post #24 of 84
this is beautiful
post #25 of 84
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post
The IPhone goes Galaxy- YAWN. Give us a new product line Apple. How hard is that to accomplish?


8/10, would never want to read trolling like this again.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #26 of 84

I had hoped that Apple would go back to putting the headphone jack on the top, and not the bottom of the phone. I find the latter a tad annoying.

post #27 of 84
If this is legit it looks quite pedestrian. Did operations force Jony to come up with something less complex than the 5/5s. Or is this something that's incredibly complex but just looks simple and kind of boring?
post #28 of 84
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
If this is legit it looks quite pedestrian.


It looks like a first gen. If that’s pedestrian, call me Street Walker Jackson. Wait, maybe don’t...

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #29 of 84

Am I seeing this correctly by saying the button is inside the screen? Looks like there is no bottom bezels.


Edited by herbapou - 8/19/14 at 5:00pm
post #30 of 84
I like it. But the photos make me think it's another knockoff.
post #31 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

I like it. But the photos make me think it's another knockoff.

What made you think that? Maybe that the phone is not even released yet? /s

post #32 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post
 

I had hoped that Apple would go back to putting the headphone jack on the top, and not the bottom of the phone. I find the latter a tad annoying.

 I think it works much better on the bottom.

 

1) I like to keep my phone upside down in my front pocket so when I grab it, I have the home button as a grip location, safer not to let it slip plus it is in the proper orientation to view the screen when just checking the time, hence the earphone plug is a better fit pointing up when it is in my pocket.

 

2) If the jack is on the top, the wire is hanging down sometimes getting in the way of using the screen,

 

3) If the plug is on the bottom, gravity allows the wire to naturally flow downward instead of on the top and bending back putting stress on the insulation where it connects to the plug.

 

All minor points true, but still a better design to have it on the bottom in my opinion. I'd be interested to learn why you would prefer it on the top.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #33 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkerst View Post

What made you think that? Maybe that the phone is not even released yet? /s

Do you feel better? Obviously I meant I don't think this is an iPhone, but is a cheap Chinese knockoff like the goophone. But you knew that right? Just didn't fit with your need to be a smartass.
post #34 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post


Do you feel better? Obviously I meant I don't think this is an iPhone, but is a cheap Chinese knockoff like the goophone. But you knew that right? Just didn't fit with your need to be a smartass.

No, my point is that your point about it being another knockoff is obvious; since the product is not released. It wasn't apparent from your post that you thought the same. 

post #35 of 84

Of course it is fake.  The phone would never have a plastic trim bezel around the glass.  It won't have a fat rounded edge back panel like the original iPhone.  

post #36 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post
 

 I think it works much better on the bottom.

 

1) I like to keep my phone upside down in my front pocket so when I grab it, I have the home button as a grip location, safer not to let it slip plus it is in the proper orientation to view the screen when just checking the time, hence the earphone plug is a better fit pointing up when it is in my pocket.

 

2) If the jack is on the top, the wire is hanging down sometimes getting in the way of using the screen,

 

3) If the plug is on the bottom, gravity allows the wire to naturally flow downward instead of on the top and bending back putting stress on the insulation where it connects to the plug.

 

All minor points true, but still a better design to have it on the bottom in my opinion. I'd be interested to learn why you would prefer it on the top.

 

I thought I preferred it on top until I did some "evaluating" while sitting on the bus (it was that or stare at my navel). I made the same kinds of observations you did -- maybe not exactly the same points, but similar enough -- and ultimately decided that the state of my navel was a better subject of my attention than coming up with reasons that one location was better than another for a headphone jack!

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Reply
post #37 of 84
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post
Am I seeing this correctly by saying the button is inside the screen? Looks like there is no bottom bezels.

 

 

The screen ends here. You can compare this image with the one above to see it better. It’s all under a single pane of glass.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #38 of 84
Guess what size it is. Not 5.5
post #39 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkerst View Post
 

No, my point is that your point about it being another knockoff is obvious; since the product is not released. It wasn't apparent from your post that you thought the same. 

 

whatever dude.  

post #40 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

At least no more “Why does only one speaker work on my iPhone this is horrible Apple is evil they sold me a broken phone” nonsense.

 

Too old a reference? :p

It never gets old; people still ask about the second speaker. :lol:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Photos of supposed fully assembled 'iPhone 6' chassis surface