or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more

Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlhed View Post

So for this product, I assume not only do you need to buy Parallels, but you then have to buy a full version on the Windows product that you want to run?  The initial cash requirement seems pricey after purchasing both software products but might be worth it.

If you are looking for a comparatively less expensive and legal route to get Windows, buy the Windows 8 OEM edition (NOT the Windows 8.1 OEM edition) from a reputable reseller like NewEgg. Normally the OEM edition is available only for computers that will be sold. But for Windows 8 and 8 only, Microsoft relaxed its licensing restrictions and gave you the option of enabling a "personal use" license. They reversed course with 8.1, but Windows 8 users can update to Windows 8.1 for free.

post #42 of 42
Just for the record... I've been running a VM of the developer Yosemite since day one in VMWare, all upgrades too. No issues at all and very fast on my new Mac Pro.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more