or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Barnes & Noble partners with Samsung for latest iPad-competing Nook tablet

Barnes & Noble partners with Samsung for latest iPad-competing Nook tablet - Page 2

post #41 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I'm not just talking about phones, but about tech and computers in general. Before phones it was Mac VS PC. 

And yes, I am not that fond of Fandroids, I have never tried to hide that.

Okay Fandroids is a completely different thing, you basically don't like their Android or nothing attitude. Every technology fan group is like that though. I'm sure if you met most of them in a social environment you would think they were pretty good people. I try not to dislike anyone simply because they don't share my view points, unless of course they makes it personal by insulting me. I would stil like to know what phones you used before the iPhone.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I think you're reading her response incorrectly: it's about what someone thinks about another person's choice in tech, not your own preference.

If you've paid attention to @Apple ]['s posts before you'd know that he didn't read @Relic's post incorrectly.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I would still like to know what phones you used before the iPhone.

Tin cans. lol.gif
post #44 of 52
Quote:
I would stil like to know what phones you used before the iPhone.

I've never been big into phones. I couldn't even tell you the names of some of the prior phones that I used.

I had a couple of motorolas back in the day, a couple of Nokias and a few others that I don't even remember which brand. What model or name I had, I have no idea, because it never interested me. I just used a phone as a phone back in those days.

post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

If you've paid attention to @Apple ]['s posts before you'd know that he didn't read @Relic's post incorrectly.

I read it correctly. It is you all who are mistaken.

post #46 of 52
Quote:

I read it correctly. It is you all who are mistaken.

Just like the world¡ Or, non-Americans + non-Apple users.
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
post #47 of 52
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #48 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

An iPad competitor?? Hardly.

B&N is targeting this at the book and magazine market specifically. If you go to their webpage it's pretty clear who their intended audience is. If it's meant to compete with anything it would be Amazon's Kindle's (Fire). Certainly not designed to take on the iPad Mini IMHO

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/samsung-galaxy-tab-4-nook-barnes-noble/1119732448

Even then, it's a poor choice for books and magazines; just too small and narrow.

"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacVicta View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

I think this is more of a competitor to Kindle than the iPad.
The Kindle that Amazon splashed across its storefront homepage next to an iPad mini for comparison sake? The Kindle that Amazon spent millions of dollars advertising on TV as a superior device to the iPad?

For crying out loud, these devices are all on the same playing field. They all purposely undercut the iPad mini then openly try to convince customers to buy their cheaper devices over those "expensive" Apple products. AI was not out of line to highlight a new entrant into this cesspool of a market.

Just because Amazon choose to compare their junk to the iPad in no way means that they compete with it.

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #50 of 52
Quote:

Quote:

That Android tablet and inferior wanna be iPad Mini is terrible!

Who in their right mind would buy one of those?

I've seen iPad Minis going for as little as $199 recently. My message to any cheapo Samsung Nook buyers is this: Yeah, I know it's a lot for you, but spend an extra lousy twenty dollars and get the far superior tablet, the damn iPad Mini. The choice is so obvious. 

(1) Better and more refined OS that is easier and more enjoyable to use

(2) More secure

(3) The best app selection and variety on the planet

(4) It's from an American company that innovates, not some foreign company that makes cheap and ugly knockoffs

(5) Far superior tech support should you ever need it. Are you going to walk into a Samsung Store or Barnes and Nobles and have them fix your tablet? Fat Chance!

(6) Do you want to be known as cheap and technically ignorant when people in the know judge you based on your ignorant tablet choosing skills?

(7) Do you want to be a walking joke and have people laughing at you from all directions?

Get the damn iPad Mini, don't be stupid.

Though I agree the iPad would be a better choice, no one in their right mind, except maybe for you would walk up to someone just to ostracize them in public for their choice of tablet, that's just ridiculous. No one in reality cares what technology another person uses, period.

You're the voice of reason, Relic, but I'm afraid that I get a chuckle from Apple's posts.

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #51 of 52
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not just talking about phones, but about tech and computers in general. Before phones it was Mac VS PC. 

And yes, I am not that fond of Fandroids, I have never tried to hide that.

Okay Fandroids is a completely different thing, you basically don't like their Android or nothing attitude. Every technology fan group is like that though. I'm sure if you met most of them in a social environment you would think they were pretty good people. I try not to dislike anyone simply because they don't share my view points, unless of course they makes it personal by insulting me. I would stil like to know what phones you used before the iPhone.

I thought I'd elaborate on my earlier observation.

Apple can perhaps be a little over the top in his criticism of Android users, but I'm sure his heart's in the right place. I feel that he has a lot of love for those who exercise their brain wisely; it's just that it's not always so obvious with Android users. Don't forget that Android is the weapon of choice for terrorists.

Also, we don't want to upset him too much; as a spokesman for Apple, it's invaluable to have him here at Apple Insider as a man from the top. It would be remiss to drive him away.

Hope you're still being a good mother to your little wards, Relic. Are you sniffing autumn in the Swiss alps yet? It's arrived early here in London.

Always interested to hear about your non-Apple tech discoveries! 😃
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #52 of 52
one word:

"SAD"

Originally by Rickers - 2014 : Cook & will bury Apple.  They can only ride Steve's ghost so long.

History reduce Apple Watch.... to a footnote in the annals of technology - Benjamin Frost Dec 2014

Originally by Rickers - 2014 : Cook & will bury Apple.  They can only ride Steve's ghost so long.

History reduce Apple Watch.... to a footnote in the annals of technology - Benjamin Frost Dec 2014

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Barnes & Noble partners with Samsung for latest iPad-competing Nook tablet
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Barnes & Noble partners with Samsung for latest iPad-competing Nook tablet