or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Another purported 'iPhone 6' document suggests Apple may offer 128GB model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Another purported 'iPhone 6' document suggests Apple may offer 128GB model - Page 3

post #81 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Ok so what then is the iPad mini available with 128GB storage option since the iPad Air is more expensive?

And in my case it wouldn't work because I don't want a phablet. So instead of getting a sale from me for a 4.7" device Apple would get no sale at all.

 

your lost.

 

Good luck with your Samdung Universe S6.

Please report to us your results in 2 months.

 

Some of you sound like spoiled brats. 

 

"Oh 16GB is too little"

"Oh they charge too much for RAM upgrades"

"Oh I want it smaller, Oh I want it bigger"

 

Get real.  Apple cant make a million different models of phones to satisfy every single one of your ridiculous needs.  That's what Samsung does.  And that's why Samsung makes their phones out of plastic because it would be too expensive to make 100 different types of phones made out of metal.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #82 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcle View Post

Why waste battery and bandwidth on streaming music?  I listen to music and podcasts 8+ hours/day.  There's no way my battery would last long enough to stream that much content.  The single most battery draining activity on an iPhone is streaming cellular data.  The least battery draining activity is local music playback.  I'd much rather use my local storage and have my battery last all day than save my storage for (what?) and have a dead battery in 4 hours.

 

4 hours, wow that suck. Thank goodness I don't have a similar experience with my phone. Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone to compare with as my daughter or husband won't let me touch theirs. Anyway I have a Nokia 1020, Nexus 5 and a newly acquired Porsche Design P'9982 that I bought for my husband but he in turn gave it to me as he new that I would appreciate it more then he would, you know this whole dying thing has it's advantages sometimes, your sick Relic, what the hell is wrong with you. Well that and he really waberry nts the new BlackBerry PassPort as he's a bit of keyboard junkie, so I promised he would be the first person in Switzerland to get one, even if it means flying to Canada and blowing the CEO. I don't blame my husband either as the Passport looks absolutely one hell of good product and I get to keep something that I really didn't want to part with as the Porsche Design P'9882 is probably the most beautiful phone I have ever owned.

 

Anyway, no BS, with a full charge I can listen to Spotify or Podcasts nonstop for about 8 hours straight, full disclosure I do have the Camera Grip accessory with built in battery which adds an additional 2 hours of operation time, however even without, it's still a far cry from the 4 hours that you're gei have sitting. My Nexus 5 got about 5 hours with Kit Kat and with the new "L"preview I get 6.5 hours, the new Android 5 so far is looking to be pretty awesome. I haven't stressed test the Porsche yet.

 

Really though I have been using my Kindle HDX, 64GB, LTE tablet more an more lately for such things. I have kind of neglected it as of lately and I wanted to incorporate it more into my life. Which was a good call because it's a wonderful device. If any of you ever had a reason to look past your bias nature for a non-Apple product this would defiantly be the one to do it for. Not only is as fast as the iPad Mini, costs only 200.00 for the 16GB wifi version, looks good, built like a tank, wonderful display with nature colors, has a very functional Mircast option that actually works great  when connected to a TV as you get a full 1080P for the desktop and all of the apps installed but the battery life is an incredible 12 hours, when LTE is used in conjunction with Spotify, 9 hours. Neither my iPad Air or my kids iPad Mini Air's can achieve that, only my Nokia 2420 get's better battery life but that's because the keyboard has a battery too. It's a great all rounder little tablet even though it's meant to be an eBook reader, a must buy for anyone who is on a budget or is looking for a little companion that could actually fit in most peoples back pocket. If rooted you could use it as a phone, again not bad for the price.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #83 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
 

 

4 hours, wow that suck. Thank goodness I don't have a similar experience with my phone. Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone to compare with as my daughter or husband won't let me touch theirs. Anyway I have a Nokia 1020, Nexus 5 and a newly acquired Porsche Design P'9982 that I bought for my husband but he in turn gave it to me as he new that I would appreciate it more then he would, you know this whole dying thing has it's advantages sometimes, your sick Relic, what the hell is wrong with you. Well that and he really waberry nts the new BlackBerry PassPort as he's a bit of keyboard junkie, so I promised he would be the first person in Switzerland to get one, even if it means flying to Canada and blowing the CEO. I don't blame my husband either as the Passport looks absolutely one hell of good product and I get to keep something that I really didn't want to part with as the Porsche Design P'9882 is probably the most beautiful phone I have ever owned.

 

Anyway, no BS, with a full charge I can listen to Spotify or Podcasts nonstop for about 8 hours straight, full disclosure I do have the Camera Grip accessory with built in battery which adds an additional 2 hours of operation time, however even without, it's still a far cry from the 4 hours that you're gei have sitting. My Nexus 5 got about 5 hours with Kit Kat and with the new "L"preview I get 6.5 hours, the new Android 5 so far is looking to be pretty awesome. I haven't stressed test the Porsche yet.

 

Really though I have been using my Kindle HDX, 64GB, LTE tablet more an more lately for such things. I have kind of neglected it as of lately and I wanted to incorporate it more into my life. Which was a good call because it's a wonderful device. If any of you ever had a reason to look past your bias nature for a non-Apple product this would defiantly be the one to do it for. Not only is as fast as the iPad Mini, costs only 200.00 for the 16GB wifi version, looks good, built like a tank, wonderful display with nature colors, has a very functional Mircast option that actually works great  when connected to a TV as you get a full 1080P for the desktop and all of the apps installed but the battery life is an incredible 12 hours, when LTE is used in conjunction with Spotify, 9 hours. Neither my iPad Air or my kids iPad Mini Air's can achieve that, only my Nokia 2420 get's better battery life but that's because the keyboard has a battery too. It's a great all rounder little tablet even though it's meant to be an eBook reader, a must buy for anyone who is on a budget or is looking for a little companion that could actually fit in most peoples back pocket. If rooted you could use it as a phone, again not bad for the price.

 

How many phones do you have?

How many tablets do you have?

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #84 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

How many phones do you have?

How many tablets do you have?

 

Tablets;

Nexus 10, Kindle HDX, iPad Air, Nokia 2520, Surface 3 Pro

 

Phones;

Nokia 1020, Nexus 5 and a new Porsche-Design P'9882

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #85 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
 

 

Tablets;

Nexus 10, Kindle HDX, iPad Air, Nokia 2520, Surface 3 Pro

 

Phones;

Nokia 1020, Nexus 5 and a new Porsche-Design P'9882

 

Wow.  That's alot of devices!

 

The Porsche phone will probably be a collectors item. 

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Reply
post #86 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugbug View Post

I'm down with this. I think it will come down to how photos and the new cloud storage mechanisms play. I already fill up 64gb because of laziness. And I do like to be lazy.

I wonder what your house looks like. you know hoarding can turn into a disease

 

Hey, don't bash his hoarding; bugs like mess!

"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #87 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
 
With cloud and streaming services I really have no need for anything more then 32GB. I used to store all of my music locally but now with Spotify what's the point. Photos taken with my camera are automatically uploaded and then deleted on my phone, with OneDrive so integrated into the OS I can't tell the difference when accessing those photos for viewing later. Videos, I don't really use my phone, to small, I have to many tablets that do that perfectly too try and sit in front of a small screen and enjoy a movie. I still have Netflix and Zattoo installed just in case but outside of testing I haven't used them as of yet. My iPad though, more is always better, I would actually like to see a 256GB version as I'm constantly deleting things with 128GB (music creation  apps), would still prefer a mini SD card slot.

 

Yes, my sentiments, too. I'm inclined to stick with 64 GB for the iPhone, but I'd like much more for the iPad.

"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #88 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan96 View Post

No more 16GB model, for the amount of music and apps and videos we have on our phones compared to 2007 there isn't a reason to still have that storage size. Start at 32GB, $50 more 64GB and an additional $50 gets you 128GB. Fire phone starts at 32GB for the same price as 16GB iPhone it's time apple switched things up. I'm tired of not being able to quickly take a picture because my iPhone can't possibly take another photo.

 

Tons of people will still be happy with 16 GB; more importantly, Apple will still enjoy making a good profit on that size, too.

"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #89 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Wow.  That's alot of devices!

The Porsche phone will probably be a collectors item. 

I also have the last version of the Porsche, the P'9881. It was an anniversary gift to replace my Vertu Constellation, my husband's firm gave one to each of it's executives and he managed to grab one for me as well, it wasn't so much for the phone but the concierge service that was attached to it. Anyway, when they canceled the service my husband felt guilty as I used it religiously, it's fantastic.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #90 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post
 
I would like to see:
 
  •  
  • true stereo output from internal speakers (even if it only allowed a mixed of L & R
  •  

...The advantage of stereo over mono is spacial cues. You don't get usable spacial cues with speakers less than an inch apart. Holding it close doesn't matter. Your head is too big for side-by-side speakers to do any good.

 

Tiny little telephone speakers sound like crap. How is CrapX2 better than CrapX1?...

 

I full well understand your argument about spacial cues in live recordings, or in action simulation. About the only way to address those is either proper separation (typ. 8' between loudspeakers) or cans where you can do all kinds of tricks by massaging the sound track.

BTW: I never, in my life, suggested telephone speakers! LMAO.

 

Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post
 
Why? Seriously. What benefit will you realize? What advantage will there be to justify the increased size and cost of the phone or reduced size and quality of the speakers?...

 

You ask so here she goes:

My concern has to do more with recordings from the "earliest days of hi-fi". There is quite a large catalog of monophonic recordings and in some  of the cases these were released on stereo -- but with all sound going to the left or right side only. There are some specialized recordings for learning a guitar part; when you play it as normal you get the entire song, but when you cut the output to L channel then you can play along with the backing band -- and you have the opportunity to learn the guitar part.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Another purported 'iPhone 6' document suggests Apple may offer 128GB model
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Another purported 'iPhone 6' document suggests Apple may offer 128GB model