or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung hypes Note 4 by copying Apple's iPhone 5c "for the colorful" ads
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung hypes Note 4 by copying Apple's iPhone 5c "for the colorful" ads - Page 2

post #41 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post
 

 I know, and associate with several homosexuals who speak normal- in fact, I just hired a very intelligent and great employee who happened to be homosexual two months ago.

 

I'm betting that he or she is still a homosexual.   :P

post #42 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

( I couldn't take more.)

 

I watched all clips including Apple's, thanks to you!

 

I actually like Sammy ads more.  They are not quite different than my wife, a Note 3 owner.  

 

Sorry to say you to all, but I don't understand what Apple is saying in that Apple ad.  And most of all, why AI is running Sammy campaign?  LOL

post #43 of 78
Samdung copied an idea from Apple? INCONCEIVABLE!
post #44 of 78
Samsung's porn is Apple. They are obsessed with Apple.
post #45 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeiP5 View Post

Samsung's porn is Apple. They are obsessed with Apple.

 

They are; I imagine the Germans have a word for it. Perhaps Relic or Schultz could help us out. 

 

Something like 'Envisnaude.'

"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #46 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post
 


Ignorance. That's funny.

 

You know what's ignorant? Talking like a moron. 

You want to be taken seriously? Get a grasp on your native language, grammar, pronunciation, enunciation, and inflection.

 

Want to stir the pot, and set yourself up for ridicule, and then scream "prejudice" and when people don't accept your childish behavior...by all means.

 

Never, at any point, does sexual preference become a part of this conversation ^.

LIghten up - people can be the way they want to be.

 

So now it's okay with you if someone is gay, they just can't talk in a certain way that you don't approve of. I guess that's progress.

post #47 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post
 

"I think this is a little too much," she says while posing with a pink boa over polka dot pants. Her fried flamboyantly replies, "like, too costumey? But it's never too much!"

Her friend was definitely fried.

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

Reply

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

Reply
post #48 of 78
After watching these, I Iwant to puke! The message I get is that the Note is for morons! The crystals in my phone told me so as I gazed out into the universe....
post #49 of 78

Why don't they just change the websites name to Samsung Insider because I read more Samsung articles than Apple news.

post #50 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Faster View Post
 

Why don't they just change the websites name to Samsung Insider because I read more Samsung articles than Apple news.

You're not the first to mention that.

You talkin' to me?
Reply
You talkin' to me?
Reply
post #51 of 78

Can you explain why a lot of army people speak similarly but they aren't all from the same area?  Dialects/ styles of speech are not just regional developments.  Subcultures can also develop their own styles that transcend geographical limitations.  Every subculture does it.  Nerds (as you mentioned) do it.  I could go on.  The style is rather old.  In some areas it was an easy way to differentiate 'preferences' in the community but not so much today although it's been around for decades. Others speak like that naturally because that is the examples they've been surrounded by in the community.

 

However, your comments are laced with condescension. Yeah, we understand you aren't partial to that way of speaking.  Making rude comments in unnecessary.  You can get your point across without doing so.  And trying to seem like you are accepting (whether you are or aren't) is distasteful.  It's no different than making derogatory comments about blacks or latinos and then saying "but I have black/latino friends".  It comes across as rather ignorant.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post
 

I can explain to you why someone from South Central speaks the way they do- even though I'm not from there- and "ignorant" to that dialect.  I can explain to you why someone from Wisconsin speaks the way they do- even though I'm not from there- and "ignorant" to that dialect.  I know, and associate with several homosexuals who speak normal- in fact, I just hired a very intelligent and great employee who happened to be homosexual two months ago.

 

I'm ignorant to the over-the-top and unnecessary dialect.  Hence why I asked the question- so please, enlighten me.

 


Edit: I guess I'll just assume it's like being a nerd.  Some act socially "normal", while others embrace thick-framed glasses and star-trek talk.  Still seems like a giant attention-grab though.

post #52 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post


Ignorance. That's funny.

You know what's ignorant? Talking like a moron. 
You want to be taken seriously? Get a grasp on your native language, grammar, pronunciation, enunciation, and inflection.

Want to stir the pot, and set yourself up for ridicule, and then scream "prejudice" and when people don't accept your childish behavior...by all means.

Never, at any point, does sexual preference become a part of this conversation ^.

So you must be talking about people in the south. Because when they're on television captions are often required since most people aren't fluent in backwoods gibberish. Or maybe you mean people from Boston. There is plenty of Irish history there they could have drawn on but no, they make up something for some unknown reason. New Jersey just decided to make shit up too and the female accent they use to get attention is without a doubt the most annoying sound in the world.
I think we should hire a platoon of English teachers and send them to these places where people are stirring the pot and setting themselves up for ridicule. If they want to be taken seriously they should get a grasp on their native language, grammar, pronunciation, enunciation and inflection.

Unless it's really just gays you were referring to. In which case yes, let's single them out and pretend that their reasons for how they sound are so incredibly different than any other group of people.
post #53 of 78
The Samsung ads are sad.
post #54 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoG View Post


You mistook what I was saying- I wasn't trying to sound accepting.

I'm accepting of gays and lesbians. I'm not accepting of transgender because I don't believe that "genders"- should even be mentioned. It's archaic and stereotyping- but that's for another subject on another day.

So while I'm accepting of gays- I am not accepting of a ridiculous and idiotic dialect. So while I'm not Gay- let me speak as a Texan, born and raised- and trust me when I tell you I'm not accepting of the ridiculous and idiotic country dialect- and when people intentionally talk like they are rednecks- it makes me as a Texan, appear dumber. Granted, there are those that legitimately are from regions where the accent is thick, and that I'm ok with, but plenty were born and raised in the white washed suburbs of Dallas, and they speak with a thick accent for nothing more than attention or trying to be some stereotyping act of a person they aren't, and their truck has never seen a dirt road on its life. I would think a homosexual would feel similarly about some flamboyant gay fluttering around screaming for attention. Homosexuals are normal people who have different sexual preferences- that's it. They aren't people with assanine lisps that can't speak properly. Don't tell me it's a gender thing either because women don't talk with those ridiculous lisps. And if they do, it's because their parents didn't put them in speech class.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #55 of 78
Well. I guess everyone should change for you so they fit into your narrow-ass, cookie cutter, version of normal. Take care and good luck with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

You mistook what I was saying- I wasn't trying to sound accepting.

I'm accepting of gays and lesbians. I'm not accepting of transgender because I don't believe that "genders" (whatever that means)- should even be mentioned. It's archaic and stereotyping- but that's for another subject on another day.

So while I'm accepting of gays- I am not accepting of a ridiculous and idiotic dialect. So while I'm not Gay- let me speak as a Texan, born and raised- and trust me when I tell you I'm not accepting of the ridiculous and idiotic country dialect- and when people intentionally talk like they are rednecks- it makes me as a Texan, appear dumber. Granted, there are those that legitimately are from regions where the accent is thick, but plenty were born and raised in the white washed suburbs of Dallas, and their truck has never seen a dirt road on its life. I would think a homosexual would feel similarly about some flamboyant gay fluttering around screaming for attention. Homosexuals are normal people who have different sexual preferences- that's it. They aren't people with assanine lisps that can't speak properly. Don't tell me it's a gender thing either because women don't talk with those ridiculous lisps. And if they do, it's because their parents didn't put them in speech class.
post #56 of 78

Absolutely cringe-worthy ads. It's so easy to tell when an ad is genuinely good and original, to something that is a trashy clone. Sad how hard they're trying with these, especially the "we need to get the gay demographic" angle. 

post #57 of 78
And soon Apple is about to show that is copying Samsung for finally making bigger screen iPhones
post #58 of 78
Originally Posted by gimarbazat View Post
And soon Apple is about to show that is copying Samsung for finally making bigger screen iPhones

 

Both English and comprehension aren’t your strong suit.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #59 of 78

@Andysol @DiegoG I'm not sure where the conversation turned left but please read what you both have typed. You both make yourselves sound like idiots.

 

@DrDavid You're the exact definition of a BIGOT. Please take the time to look up the definition of the words you choose to type.

Your not the Almighty and if you dislike the language people use in other states then please stay in your house and lock your doors. Never visit any foreign countries as you will be ridiculed for the way you speak.

post #60 of 78

Tips for new users.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #61 of 78
Why was this even included in the article?
Competitors noticed. In April, Microsoft's Nokia began targeting the same demographic of colorful users in its own, ironically named "not like everyone else" ads.

Is AI trying to say that Nokia was copying Apple's colorful 5C and ad campaign?
Does AI realize Nokia has been doing this sort of advertising and making colorful phones since 2011?
This is the sort of shite journalism I've been seeing from this website recently.
post #62 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimarbazat View Post

And soon Apple is about to show that is copying Samsung for finally making bigger screen iPhones

 

Yes, because basic screen size falls under "copying". Cause you know, Apple doesn't sell iMacs, Macbooks, iPads, etc each with multiple screen sizes. Oh, and Samsung is the only company on the planet that is making larger phones than Apple, so obviously Apple is copying Samsung, and not any one of the 67,921 other companies out there that have phones of the same size, right? 

 

It must take effort to make a post as mind-numbingly idiotic as yours. 

post #63 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Yes, because basic screen size falls under "copying". Cause you know, Apple doesn't sell iMacs, Macbooks, iPads, etc each with multiple screen sizes. Oh, and Samsung is the only company on the planet that is making larger phones than Apple, so obviously Apple is copying Samsung, and not any one of the 67,921 other companies out there that have phones of the same size, right? 

It must take effort to make a post as mind-numbingly idiotic as yours. 

Why make a bigger screen phone then?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #64 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Tips for new users.
[URL=]
[/URL]

You need one for you where it shows about 30 arrows to the "quote" button within the text field. 1wink.gif

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #65 of 78
Guys. These are not copy-cat ads. Come on, grow up!

There are trends in fashion, and there are trends in advertising. One must remain relevant and reflective of one's audience.
post #66 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZREOSpecialist View Post

You're not, and because you're not, you probably should refrain from commenting about those subjects for which you admit ignorance. Yes?

Awww, did he offend your little sensitive soul??
post #67 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post
 

- in fact, I just hired a very intelligent and great employee who happened to be homosexual two months ago.

 

Sorry, but that just sent me into a George Carlin flashback [language Not Safe For Work]...

 

 

post #68 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Faster View Post

@Andysol @DiegoG I'm not sure where the conversation turned left but please read what you both have typed. You both make yourselves sound like idiots.

@DrDavid You're the exact definition of a BIGOT. Please take the time to look up the definition of the words you choose to type.
Your not the Almighty and if you dislike the language people use in other states then please stay in your house and lock your doors. Never visit any foreign countries as you will be ridiculed for the way you speak.

Well, you are right. And I was probably too harsh since I don't really believe what I wrote. Except the last paragraph. Many posts in this thread dragged out the old canard of gay people putting on some accent or acting flamboyantly to get attention or just to bug them. It's not they are wrong. It's that every group of people does similar things. Many groups develop an accent or change grammar and for a variety of reasons. Good ones too. If I was gay I would find a way to announce it. Gay people still get a lot of crap from people in general. I'm sure if it's front and center that you're gay you get a good bit less. And for the people who really have a problem with gays, at least you stake out where you stand. If they want to make a problem then it's them making a problem. You wouldn't have to be the guy wishing or asking people to ease up on the gay jokes/bashing.

My official apologies to the regions I disparaged. And to you for making you mad. It was my own anger that got away from me. But you have to admit there's some serious low effort thinking inhabiting this thread.
post #69 of 78

I was not angry but when the topic drifts so far from the actual discussion I just feel it takes away from what people are expecting to read.

I didn't expect to read about gay bashing or different groups, states or neighborhoods using illiterate language. Trust me I'm from Texas and you would know it because I was born with an accent that no amount of speech training can change. I speak proper english but the accent is never going away.

I can say nothing gets me more worked up than people whom can not even know how to use, Their, There or They're in a sentence when typing or writing a message. I have to overlook the mistakes people make and look for the good in everyone.

 

Just an FYI. Out of my 18 years of education. (not each grade twice) lol.  I actually educated myself in proper english by reading. Teachers can only teach a person so much but its our choice to learn.

 

In my haste I judged someone without knowing the person. My apologies to you Sir.


Edited by Go Faster - 8/27/14 at 10:02pm
post #70 of 78

Actually that may not necessarily be the case. Some sales could be attributed to a spillover effect; if the iPhone is sold out, another random phone that happens to be available and is "good enough" may just be the ticket.

post #71 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post
 

… in fact, I just hired a very intelligent and great employee who happened to be homosexual two months ago.

 

You mean he isn't homosexual any more? Must be that Lone Star beer. 

 

(Oh, am I gonna get ripped for that ;-)

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

Reply

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

Reply
post #72 of 78

Next up, Samsung management will get plastic surgery to make them look like their Apple counterparts.

post #73 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN View Post

Next up, Samsung management will get plastic surgery to make them look like their Apple counterparts.

And elocution lessons to make them sound the same.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #74 of 78
Well, I have a Note 3 and I do like it a lot. However, after a couple weeks of purchased I did crack the screen; they are very delicate as far as screen is concerned. I also had several cracks on my previous Galaxy S4. Does not affect touch screen, at least.

Never had any breakage on any iPhones I've owned before. A matter of fact, I will carefully check out the new iPhone 6 - specially if they do come up with a 5.5" model. I love large phones and if Apple enters the phablet arena, I'm in.
post #75 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDavid View Post


So you must be talking about people in the south. Because when they're on television captions are often required since most people aren't fluent in backwoods gibberish. Or maybe you mean people from Boston. There is plenty of Irish history there they could have drawn on but no, they make up something for some unknown reason. New Jersey just decided to make shit up too and the female accent they use to get attention is without a doubt the most annoying sound in the world.
I think we should hire a platoon of English teachers and send them to these places where people are stirring the pot and setting themselves up for ridicule. If they want to be taken seriously they should get a grasp on their native language, grammar, pronunciation, enunciation and inflection.

Unless it's really just gays you were referring to. In which case yes, let's single them out and pretend that their reasons for how they sound are so incredibly different than any other group of people.


Actually...you're right. All of the above. I don't care where you're from, or what your excuse is. English Language (as the example here) has a standardization. Anyone can learn to speak Standard English. You're right that it may be tougher for uneducated morons that are happy to call their local dialect "culture" instead of "ignorance". 

 

But you don't see too many people rise to positions of importance, authority, or success unless they can speak like an educated adult.

 

Accents are not endearing, or cultural. They are handicaps to be overcome. Many people will never overcome them. Many people have no clue that there actually IS such a thing as a proper way to speak their language...and that their way....is NOT it.

post #76 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Accents are not endearing, or cultural. They are handicaps to be overcome. Many people will never overcome them. Many people have no clue that there actually IS such a thing as a proper way to speak their language...and that their way....is NOT it.
I quite agree. The sooner you Americans start using RP the better. That nasal twang of your has been annoying me for years. And fix your spelling while you're at it.
post #77 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post
 

But you don't see too many people rise to positions of importance, authority, or success unless they can speak like an educated adult.

 

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #78 of 78
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

But you don't see too many people rise to positions of importance, authority, or success unless they can speak like an educated adult.

 

In the interest of equality.

 

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Samsung hypes Note 4 by copying Apple's iPhone 5c "for the colorful" ads
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung hypes Note 4 by copying Apple's iPhone 5c "for the colorful" ads