or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: Apple to enter mobile payment space with NFC-enabled 'iPhone 6'

Rumor: Apple to enter mobile payment space with NFC-enabled 'iPhone 6' - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, hello, September 2012; how are you?

Thanks, but where is the "not a solution to any current problem" quote and why is it some how hypocritical after two full years to now have the technology be where they need it to be. Remember that NFC is absolutely pointless as only HW or only HW and SW on your device if there are no partners in place to make it convenient feature to use… and that's before you even consider security, which may require the 2nd generation of their secure enclave on the A-series chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

post #42 of 43
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
Thanks, but where is the “not a solution to any current problem” quote…

Oh, the same interview. AI’s article just doesn’t show it.

and why is it some how hypocritical after two full years to now have the technology be where they need it to be.

Search me.

*ding ding* Siri, find me Tallest Skil. *ding ding*

post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Ah so it's not like the chips built into smart cards and passport chips where a stimulating transmitter just has to have it's power boosted to increase the range?

I thought NFC was more passive, if it can be turned off until "unlocked" that would solve security.

ETA: Ah, I see it's an extension of that earlier RFID passive system.

It can always receive a transmission, but the user controls any outgoing transmissions, usually via an app.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: Apple to enter mobile payment space with NFC-enabled 'iPhone 6'