or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further

Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further - Page 3

post #81 of 132
I don't care what they announce so long as my next iPhone has a bigger screen magnification.
post #82 of 132

You're all wrong - don't believe the hype. This event is certainly about introducing a 3% speed bump and new storage options for Mac mini.

post #83 of 132
Please at least have the decency to add a source attribution to the photos. Those appear to be straight from Loop Insight.
post #84 of 132

I say it's a huge golden iPhone, bow to your god Appleinsider, bow, you worthless dogs.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #85 of 132
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
I say it's a huge golden iPhone, bow to your god Appleinsider, bow, you worthless dogs.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #86 of 132

Having mulled over Jim D's tweet (Holy shit people, hang on to your hats ... ) and contemplated the height of the temporary construction for a few hours, I have finally cracked it ... Apple are about to announce some kind of ANTI-GRAVITY device.

This also ties in with the much heralded "iWatch". While I am not saying the "iWatch" is the anti-gravity device as such ... but obviously in a zero-gravity environment, it is important to have your personal communication device securely attached to your body.

You heard it here first :lol: .

post #87 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

This site's god is Google Ads.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #88 of 132
Crossfit "box" to demo the new workout gear to the Crossfit masses.
post #89 of 132
Yes home automation involves a lot of retrofitting that many wont care for. It is new contruction and another 20 years for home automation to mainstream.

Right now at least, auto-locks and lighting are still premium priced everywhere you look.
post #90 of 132

Heres what used to be there.

post #91 of 132

Looks like they built above a sculpture garden which may explain part of the height.  Or they removed all the sculptures and stuff but I can't imagine that would be allowed.

post #92 of 132

Just how big are the new large iPads going to be?  :lol:

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

post #93 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

You mean like this? Been able to practically everything you desire already.

(DKC Automation) Voice-controlled Home Automation…: http://youtu.be/RjTj0ymhbBw

Android Home Automation - Vera Lite - Z Wave | Pa…: http://youtu.be/vGkk1VCKpvs

Android Home Automation - Micasaverde - Voice Con…: http://youtu.be/eOU5sFfajlg

I desire to not share my home automation details with the Googleplex, thankyouverymuch.

post #94 of 132
I went to that school and grew up across the street. So, this is really weird for me to see. The last time I remember going to an Apple introduction at Flint Center was the for first PowerPCs, Power Macintosh 6100, 7100 and 8100. I believe it was a downlinked video of the far away tradeshow keynote, anyways it was my first project at Apple. If I'm not mistaken, Spindler was CEO at the time. I worked on the PDM (pilot down man), OS testing, and 3rd party app integration testing.
post #95 of 132
Cupertino? How pedestrian. 1tongue.gif
post #96 of 132
Think runway, YSL, Burberry, wearables (plural)...
post #97 of 132
post #98 of 132
post #99 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

So what could that building be? Simply because there is no room outside the auditorium for 2,300 people to look at the devices? Could it be a demo home for HomeKit-compatible equipment? Something else?

Na, they are about to set up a demo hospital to showcase how health kit is used in the ambulance, intensive care, during appointments, etc. Will be enlightening!

post #100 of 132

i hope its more then just a hands on area. surely they wouldn't have to build a separate place for the press to use the products. I'm hoping its something bigger and that apple have some more surprises instore for us.

post #101 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Such copycats at Apple! ;-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_barges

I bet Apple got its permits approved BEFORE constructing the building. And, told the truth about what it was doing. Apple's way also means no laws are being broken, no disrespect is being thrown around at the public or government.

Hmmm... Apple once again is proving mystery and excitement can be generated by working within the law. Google has been taught once again how to not do evil.
post #102 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phone-UI-Guy View Post

Can we get someone over there with a nice zoom lens please!

Let's be curious, but patient. We do not want anyone breaking the law and possibly being harmed just to provide this and other rumor sites with information.
post #103 of 132
The Cupertino Project.
The iBomb.

Where's the new Apple TV?

Where's the new Apple TV?
post #104 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaEarleGreyHot View Post

It can't just be an area for journalists to play with new toys.  If all they needed was a showroom, there are plenty of other venues that can provide an auditorium AND a showroom.  No, this is a custom-built enclosure, for something you just can't do in most showrooms. Even a convention centre would have a hall large enough for a full-scale home to be constructed inside. But for some reason, Apple needs to build a big box. They wouldn't be doing it without a reason.  In 2 weeks it will be obvious.  Meanwhile, consider it to be a gigantic, wrapped Christmas present waiting for the day.  :)

Except another venue would never generate this kind of buzz! Talk about free advertising! Pure genius! All it lacks is a big bow on top! Time to buy more aapl!

post #105 of 132
With all the hype that gets generated around products & the constant trickle of photos & features, do Apple really need to even bother with these launch events?!
post #106 of 132
guys that 2 story structure is called a "tree".

Geez get off the internet every once in a blue moon and go outside!

:-)
post #107 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffarino View Post

I watched the Burberry show (filmed with the 5S) ...

I think you're on to something ...

Apple has recently brought on board all this "fashion" marketing/presentation talent -- including Dr Dre and Jimmy Iodine

Time to unleash some of that goodness on the [not so tech] world of Apple consumers.
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #108 of 132
This weekend Dr. Dre gets drunk again and blows the whole surprise in one tweet.
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #109 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

This weekend Dr. Dre gets drunk again and blows the whole surprise in one tweet.

I think that's exactly the way they planned it to unfold 1biggrin.gif

Benjamin Twine

Let me tell you about my best friend
Well he's got hair down to his knees
He gets along fine doing just how he please

And I believe that we first met
Around three years ago
Well it feels like a lifetime funny how fast it goes

And I remember how this one time
Well I stole his sister's car
And he didn't even mind no he jumped in for the ride

We'd got miles away from anywhere
When the panic soon kicked in
We'd got it back safe and sound no one asked us where we'd been

Ohh Oh Oh
Ohh Oh Oh

Let me tell you why his sister
Why she didn't second guess
She was going out of line, putting on her favorite dress

And oh by God she knows she's worth it
Any boy would tell you so
Well a girl like that is worth her own weight in gold

Ohh Oh Oh
Ohh Oh Oh

Now I made a promise to myself once
That I would wake up by her side
My best friend said that that would be the day I died

Ohh Oh Oh
Ohh Oh Oh
Ohh Oh Oh
Ohh Oh Oh
Ohh Oh Oh
Ohh Oh Oh
Ohh Oh Oh
Ohh Oh Oh

post #110 of 132
Mysterious large white building? Does it involve aliens?

Or brains.
-- Denis.
-- Denis.
post #111 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Because it is a temporary structure, I doubt it will actually have a second floor. You would need a full reinforced concrete foundation to support load bearing beams. The public safely requirements would be too extensive for a multi-level building that was just to be used for one day.

The shape doesn't seem like it would have very good acoustics for a concert either.

Good catch. Hey, what if they did a sort of half-open multistory home mockup? People would be on the floor in the various products testing areas, yet could look up and see a cross section of several rooms on the insides of the building along the walls, testing remotes for lights and tech. It would NOT be open to stroll through, and be uninhabited, so no need for load bearing beams. Whole main floor open to the press with the home demo visible on the upper walls maybe?
What is really factored into the price is a kind of perpetual sense of disbelief that any company could be as good as Apple is. ~Retrogusto
What is really factored into the price is a kind of perpetual sense of disbelief that any company could be as good as Apple is. ~Retrogusto
post #112 of 132
How did Samsung erect such a large wall for their "wall huggers" campaign? And in Cupertino of all places?

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #113 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrunner1738 View Post

Hope it's more carplay announcements.

Man, has the aftermarket car audio industry met CarPlay with crickets or what? I'd *LOVE* to retrofit a CarPlay deck, but the dearth of choices is depressing.

Pioneer, one of what, two? companies to offer it all, has a weird approach -- they only offer CarPlay in expensive models that include fancy navigation, voice control and other functions that are completely redundant to a CarPlay user! Why would I want to pay for all those fancy features in a unit that can access identical functions from my iPhone? It doesn't make any sense.

I wish Apple would just make a head unit themselves, but I won't hold my breath.

Maybe it's an actual car.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #114 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Additional room for twerking classes with Miley Cyrus.

Makes sense.  iWork was recently updated, time to unveil iTwerk.

Ridiculoso! Don't be an iBerk. 😃
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #115 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:
This was my initial thought. "Wish we could
say
more" could very well mean more advancements in voice activation/Siri tech too. 

I WANT TO CONTROL MY HOME WITH MY VOICE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Ideally, it would be via a two-way PA in every room. Since every room should have speakers for your music, that system would obviously include a microphone (don’t say it can’t be done cheaply; my elementary school had one and it was installed before Apple made computers with mice). Barring an installed system, having an iDevice in your pocket or in your hands and using it as the remote is the best option, and if Apple IS getting into homes it’s the one they’ll choose. 

Still, speakers in every room is the future I desire.

I want to just be able to say to the air, “dim the lights a bit” and it would dim the lights a bit. Or “I’d like to watch Mr. Smith Goes to Washington” and not only would it dim the lights to my preset (or off) that I set for movie watching, it would automatically turn on my TV, Apple TV, and play the movie.

I want to be able to take a call and just walk around my house and talk (speaker/mic combo again). I want to set my HVAC and be notified about my oven and my laundry loads being completed.

We’ve had the tech to make the future of the 
50s a reality for 10 years now. What
’s the holdup?!

No-one wants it, I'm afraid. Sorry to burst your bubble.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #116 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Just how big are the new large iPads going to be?  lol.gif

A working emoticon. Well I never.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #117 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

Cupertino? How pedestrian. 1tongue.gif

Indeed. It's where you go if you want a Cup o' tea, no? 😃
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #118 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Such copycats at Apple! ;-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_barges

I bet Apple got its permits approved BEFORE constructing the building. And, told the truth about what it was doing. Apple's way also means no laws are being broken, no disrespect is being thrown around at the public or government.

Hmmm... Apple once again is proving mystery and excitement can be generated by working within the law. Google has been taught once again how to not do evil.

Couldn't have said it better.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #119 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

The Cupertino Project.
The iBomb.

Man oh man. Got your thinking hat-on today.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #120 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever71 View Post

With all the hype that gets generated around products & the constant trickle of photos & features, do Apple really need to even bother with these launch events?!

Yes.
- African proverb
- African proverb
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further