or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad - Page 2

post #41 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Did you compare them side by side? Where can you do that? Best Buy is the only place I know that has all three models, but they are bolted to the tables in different areas of the store.
We have a small electronics chain up here called Visions. The table that houses all the tablet displays has them all on long 6ft security cables, allowing you to compare them all side by side.

They carry all the top models from Samsung, MS, and the iPad Air, so was able to do the SBS comparison.

The SP3 and iPA were the most natural, best looking displays, while the Samsung looked way overblown. And I compared them all using the same screen calibration test image used for color, greyscale, clarity, and moire setups, so each device was showing the exact same image.
post #42 of 103
If you want to get into the commercial praise Samsung! lol
post #43 of 103
No thanks Samsung. I bought a Tab 2 7" tablet to take on holiday with me rather than take my iPad 2. Had to return the first one with a faulty screen. Second one developed a hairline crack in the plastic case near the headphone socket. Tab 2 was fine at first but is now really laggy and screen us not very responsive at the edge of the screen. I have replaced it with an iPad mini retina now which is much better than the Tab 2. iPad 2 is still going strong and never shows any signs of lag. The Tab 2 is definitely the last Samsung tablet I will purchase. Once bitten, twice shy.
post #44 of 103
The fact that apple are in a position where they dont have to do the mac vs pc ads anymore speaks volumes.

If you have tell people you are king... You aren't the king. (Paraphrased from Game of Thrones)
post #45 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post

Not a hard ad to make.  Show products, toss out pro Apple responses.  They don't even need to guild the respondents if they have time enough.  Sleazy ways to make their job easier:

Go outside in bright light and turn down Apple product.
Use older Apple product.
Use blown out color profile which looks better at first glance but is glaring and inaccurate. 
Talk up spec war crap (like pixels the human eye cant see but eat battery life and speed)

I would never trust a Samsung advert to give a honest view. Remember when they got caught paying students to post poor reviews on HTC phones.
post #46 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I'm sure the screen is bright and saturated, but is it color accurate? It makes sense to stick with your own ecosystem though. If you have a Samsung phone then a Samsung tablet fits. My ecosystem is all Apple so I would never consider a Samsung device. All the important people in my life have iOS so iMessage and Facetime are must haves for me. 

All the import people in my life are also on iOS except my wife who will be Gazelling a note 3 once big iPhone is out
post #47 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post
 

Samsung has found a marketing strategy that clearly pays off. If it wasn't working they wouldn't be doing it. It is up to Apple to counter Samsung in their own way but getting into a nit picking specs war with Samsung would in al likelihood be hugely counterproductive. Once you are a leader everybody's is gunning for you, that is the nature of the game. It is far easier to attack the leader than to find a balance at the top. You don't want to come across as arrogant, or self righteous, yet you have to assert your superiority. Apple is doing pretty good. IMO one of the challenges is not to become 'uncool' in the eyes of younger users. The alleged iWatch and its alleged links to healthkit and Apple's alleged involvement with health services is hard to make cool to both teenagers and oap's alike. Which is where the Beats acquisition makes a lot of sense. I am kind of wondering if in the future we will see some kind of business division within Apple.

 

Successful?

 

Samdung's profits are down 25%

post #48 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbi View Post
 


Except that it's true.  The iPad Air's screen just slipped to #3 or #4 as rated by DisplayMate.  The Galaxy Tab S 10.5 has the best overall screen of any tablet.  #2 just barely behind it is the Surface Pro 3  - which by he way had the most accurate color of any tablet screen they had ever measured.

 

So, at least for now - it's absolutely the truth.  Samsung does make the best screens.

 

DisplayMate is BS company that could easily be 'bought' by a few thousand from Samdung.

post #49 of 103

I own the Tab S and the iPad Air. Other than the screen, the Tab S isn't a very good tablet. It stutters, lags and has a ton of bloatware. The screen is better than the iPad however, so far those who just use it to watch movies and read comics, it's a better buy. For everything else? Not even close.

post #50 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
 

I own the Tab S and the iPad Air. Other than the screen, the Tab S isn't a very good tablet. It stutters, lags and has a ton of bloatware. The screen is better than the iPad however, so far those who just use it to watch movies and read comics, it's a better buy. For everything else? Not even close.

 

Even if it were true that the Samsung screen scores slightly higher than an iPad Air screen on tests, it still makes no sense to get one, even if watching movies and reading comics is the priority because of the other things that you mentioned. 

 

And the iPad Air has a very nice display, better than what 99% of average people have ever used in their lives.

post #51 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post


It's beyond pathetic actually, it'll be the single greatest cause of their eventual demise, right behind the fact their products are such junk!
And I've seen those Super AMOLED screens in person, the excessive colour saturation their exhibit cannot be described until you see it for yourself, it's amazing how unnatural the image is!
I thought that as well at first, but when you forward frame-by-frame, you'll eventually notice that it's actually just the letter boxing of the image they used. Once the sun reflects off the iPad, you can identify the thinner side bezel which is the iPad Air. As much as I despise Samsung and their ways, this time they didn't fake that scene.
I was going to say I bet this was all fixed by cash handouts, because Samsung has been caught doing this in the past on blogs. I wouldn't put it past them. But on the same token, I actually know people who are so dumb and tech illiterate they take Scamsung's word at face value and don't question the marketing speak. Those people deserve whatever Scamsung feeds them, because both are equally stupid.
Unfortunately I know people who are stupid enough to believe this crap at face value, and denounce anyone with anything negative to say about Samsung. I've argued with some of my co-workers who are die-hard Samsung'ers, and they're really sad people.

 

Samsung products are not junk.  Apple uses their products in almost every piece of significant hardware they make.  Apple have tried very hard to part from Samsung as a supplier but have clearly been unable to.  Time and time again we get AI articles about LG, Sharp, TMSC and others being rumoured to be in line as suppliers, and more often than not, they turn out to be false and Samsung eventually gets the gig.  Even when they do get a gig, the alternative suppliers frequently can't turn out a quality product and Apple has to go back to Samsung cap-in-hand and ask nicely if they wouldn't mind picking up the slack so they can put decent screens in their Macbook Pro Retinas or iPad Minis.

 

Weren't Apple rumoured to have invested billions in  Sharp to try and help them get up to Samsung's speed and quality?  Hardly necessary if Samsung only makes junk.

 

I have had two Samsung phones.  One is 5 years old and the other 4.  The 5 year old one I gave to my son 4 years ago and has just been retired because the battery wasn't holding much charge, I am still using the other one and it's still on it's original battery.  Both phones have worked perfectly given daily continuous use with the batteries being the only aspects not like new.  In stark contrast, I bought my daughter an iPhone 5 and it's battery was completely stuffed after only two years and I replaced it just before Apple owned up to the problem and instituted a replacement program.  Perhaps they should have had Samsung supply the batteries.

 

The reason the colours on those Amoled screens are so saturated is because the users haven't gone into the settings and chosen the one that delivers accurate colour reproduction.  When reviewers enable that mode and test them, they tend to turn in a very decent performance. Arguably Samsung should enable the accurate saturation as the default but they seem to think the pop will appeal to more people.  The Amoled screens are not junk.

 

Don't believe me?  Perhaps you might believe Anandtech:

Quote:
 As it’s the most accurate setting, I ran all of our comparison data with the basic mode enabled. In this mode the Galaxy Tab S’ display is among the best we’ve ever tested. On top of having good color accuracy, the new display delivers the awesome contrast ratio that AMOLED displays are known for. As you’ll see later on, there are definite power benefits as well when it comes to watching movies on these displays.
...
The Galaxy Tab S is easily the most compelling tablet family Samsung has ever released. The devices are incredibly thin, very light and boast displays that can be easily configured to be among the most accurate in the industry.

 

http://anandtech.com/show/8197/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-review-105-84inch/2

 

As for this marketing strategy, I remember the "I'm a Mac" ads.  They were humorous, far more tastefully done and just so much more slick, but they were fundamentally still comparing A to B and saying ours is better than theirs.

 

I do think Samsung shouldn't be constantly running ads comparing their products to Apple's.  It smacks of desperation and is likely counter-productive for many as it obviously portrays Apple products as a standard to beat.

post #52 of 103

I honestly wouldn't know about Samsung's screens as I could care less about their inferior products...

post #53 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post


Wrong, they don't make the best, not by a LONG shot! And BTW, DisplayMate lost me when they rated Scamsung screens as #2 and #3 behind Surface. While the Surface does have a nice screen, visually in person it's a tie with the iPad Air. The Scamcrap screens are so over-saturated and unnatural I now don't trust DisplayMate anymore with their ratings.

 

Except that they didn't rate them #2 and #3 behind Surface.  The Galaxy Tab S 10.5 was still #1 - just barely edging out the SP3.  SP3 is #2.  iPad is #4.

 

So, how do they not make the best screen when they have the #1 screen currently on the market?  So, who in you mind does make he best screen?  It's not apple since they don't even make their screens (I believe LG is making the screen for the iPad Air)..

post #54 of 103

It's not often that AppleInsider so badly fails at headline writing. The headline should read, "Samsung Uses Scripted Actors to Compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S".

post #55 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
 

 

Even if it were true that the Samsung screen scores slightly higher than an iPad Air screen on tests, it still makes no sense to get one, even if watching movies and reading comics is the priority because of the other things that you mentioned. 

 

And the iPad Air has a very nice display, better than what 99% of average people have ever used in their lives.

 

It's not just slightly higher.  The iPad Air is like #4 on the list now.

post #56 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

My ecosystem is all Apple too.....so much so that I didn't even consider a Samsung refrigerator last weekend when I had to go out and buy one. 1wink.gif

So how's that Apple refrigerator working for you?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #57 of 103
@indianacajones - Yes it is. The iPad Air is the first full sized iPad to have the thinner bezel on the side, which this one clearly has. If it were an iPad 4, it would have the thick bezel all the way around.
post #58 of 103

Samsung's profits have been declining for a while now, while Apple's are rising.  Clearly, Samsung's current strategy of relentlessly copying and comparing itself to Apple is not working.  Therefore, Samsung simply made an irrational decision to continue doing what is not working.

post #59 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post
 

Samsung's profits have been declining for a while now, while Apple's are rising.  Clearly, Samsung's current strategy of relentlessly copying and comparing itself to Apple is not working.  Therefore, Samsung simply made an irrational decision to continue doing what is not working.

For a company like Samsung, it is difficult to say specifically what is working and what is not with their advertising. They have announced that their profits are down due to things like smartphone saturation, but they have never had much luck with their tablets. The thing that Samsung lacks compared to Apple or Microsoft, is an operating system. Apple has a halo factor working for them because they have unique phone, tablet, computer and aTV box. Microsoft has all of that too, but Samsung can't get a halo going with their stuff because dozens of other manufacturers have Android phones and Android tablets. People like synergy and Samsung doesn't have it.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #60 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Successful?

Samdung's profits are down 25%
They wouldn't keep ragging at Apple if it didn't work. They would change tack. When you say Samsung's profits are down you need to be specific. I'm not doubting you but they are a massive company with so many products in so many areas that simply stating that their profits are down is a meaningless way to asses the effectiveness of a single campaign for a single product segment. Their tablets have been selling poorly so perhaps coat tailing Apple and comparing specs are dramatically increasing their sales.
post #61 of 103
lol, SameSong is so desperate.
post #62 of 103

I wonder what the comments would be if this same ad was posted on one of the android forum websites?  Amazing what confirmation bias will do for responses to the very same stimulus.

post #63 of 103

Apple is biding its time. Like a cougar, its pounce will be swift to successful.

 

Expect “Mac vs. Samsung” Ads coming to a TV in your home. I would suggest animation: a floating pig and the graceful swan.

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

Reply

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

Reply
post #64 of 103
For some reason this ad reminds me of the Microsoft "PC hunters" ad campaign from a few years back, where a so-called "real" consumer magically prefers a Windows laptop over a Mac, because Microsoft was going to buy it for her. Equally pathetic.

http://youtu.be/LQ4jK9KuZlw

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #65 of 103

What a lazy, shitty ad. Anyone could make any such "reality tv" ad with any random product. Very childish, deceitful, and insulting to the audience, without an ounce of creativity. As if we're supposed to believe these people weren't coached on what to say, and the ones that didnt say what they were supposed to weren't edited out. 

post #66 of 103
Just as you think they couldn't get any more disparate. Yes because every person on earth with a brain would buy a fake pics of shit over an Original. They've hired acters just like the way they changed negative reviews to positive for the galaxy s5.
post #67 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Samsung products are not junk.  Apple uses their products in almost every piece of significant hardware they make.  Apple have tried very hard to part from Samsung as a supplier but have clearly been unable to.  Time and time again we get AI articles about LG, Sharp, TMSC and others being rumoured to be in line as suppliers, and more often than not, they turn out to be false and Samsung eventually gets the gig.  Even when they do get a gig, the alternative suppliers frequently can't turn out a quality product and Apple has to go back to Samsung cap-in-hand and ask nicely if they wouldn't mind picking up the slack so they can put decent screens in their Macbook Pro Retinas or iPad Minis.

Weren't Apple rumoured to have invested billions in  Sharp to try and help them get up to Samsung's speed and quality?  Hardly necessary if Samsung only makes junk.

I have had two Samsung phones.  One is 5 years old and the other 4.  The 5 year old one I gave to my son 4 years ago and has just been retired because the battery wasn't holding much charge, I am still using the other one and it's still on it's original battery.  Both phones have worked perfectly given daily continuous use with the batteries being the only aspects not like new.  In stark contrast, I bought my daughter an iPhone 5 and it's battery was completely stuffed after only two years and I replaced it just before Apple owned up to the problem and instituted a replacement program.  Perhaps they should have had Samsung supply the batteries.

The reason the colours on those Amoled screens are so saturated is because the users haven't gone into the settings and chosen the one that delivers accurate colour reproduction.  When reviewers enable that mode and test them, they tend to turn in a very decent performance. Arguably Samsung should enable the accurate saturation as the default but they seem to think the pop will appeal to more people.  The Amoled screens are not junk.

Don't believe me?  Perhaps you might believe Anandtech:

http://anandtech.com/show/8197/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-review-105-84inch/2

As for this marketing strategy, I remember the "I'm a Mac" ads.  They were humorous, far more tastefully done and just so much more slick, but they were fundamentally still comparing A to B and saying ours is better than theirs.

I do think Samsung shouldn't be constantly running ads comparing their products to Apple's.  It smacks of desperation and is likely counter-productive for many as it obviously portrays Apple products as a standard to beat.

Your defence is quite weak... Samsung makes only a small fraction of the screens for iOS devices these days, as most are made by OU Optronics, LG, and Sharp, and guess what? They are magnificent, sRGB-certified screens that go into iPhone's and iPad Air's. As for the Samsung panels, guess what again? Those screens are made to Apple's requirements and specifications! These are NOT Samsung-designed screens, they are simply built by them! The panels must meet Apple's requirements and specifications. And let's also not forget the fact much of Samsung's OLED technology was stolen from LG.

The screens that Samsung puts in their devices, which BTW, they must ALSO outsource certain panel orders to third-parties if they cannot fabricate enough units for their own needs, are designed, engineered, and manufactured by them, and no one else. They call the shots, the specs, and tolerances of the displays. So I stand by my statement, Samsung panels in Samsung-branded devices are CRAP. I was just at Costco today where they had the proverbial suspect TV lineup: Sharp, Sony, LG, Samsung, and Vizio. The Sony and LG were the best looking, and most of the people around me were agreeing, on not just those few models. But, look around the store what do I see? Samsung billboards around the electronics department EVERYWHERE! Yeah, they are good at one thing, plastering themselves all over the place like a politician on a campaign trail!

As for the batteries, I would look at who actually makes those batteries, because neither Apple nor Samsung make their own batteries. Despite the big Samsung logo on the battery pack, if you look at the fine print, I GUARANTEE you'll find the real manufacturer. And Apple and Samsung have multiple vendors they use for battery packs. What does that tell me? Your particular phone had packs from a quality vendor, which is very rare on Android devices, and Apple unfortunately got a bunk batch from one of their suppliers, simple as that. This point actually shouldn't be used in any argument to defend Samsung.

As for the screen colours, let me get this straight... In order for the Samsung device to obtain near-sRGB colour gamut range, the user must first go into the settings and tweak the damn thing? How many average Joe Blow consumers in the world will actually DO THAT? My iPad, gee, I just pick it up, and it's already fully sRGB compliant and ready to go, no tweaking and colour calibrations needed. While I respect the articles from AnandTech most of the time, I seriously think they dropped the ball on this one. If the screen was THAT GOOD, which having seen them side-by-side to other devices and knowing they are NOT, they shouldn't praise a device that much if it needs to be calibrated first in order to obtain what the competition achieves right out of the box!
Edited by MagMan1979 - 8/29/14 at 6:31pm
post #68 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post




As for the screen colours, let me get this straight... In order for the Samsung device to obtain near-sRGB colour gamut range, the user must first go into the settings and tweak the damn thing? How many average Joe Blow consumers in the world will actually DO THAT? My iPad, gee, I just pick it up, and it's already fully sRGB compliant and ready to go, no tweaking and colour calibrations needed....

I don't know about the iPad, but every Mac I've ever had, the first thing I have to do is calibrate the screen. They have an elaborate procedure for doing that in the "Display" section of System Preferences, but they ship with the screen set at an actinic blue glare that's really astonishing. The color temperature must be like 12,000 Kº! They apparently think we live on a planet of Rigel or something.

ETA: Now I know why the TV manufacturers do this—it's in search of brightness at all costs. If you remember your Stefan-Boltzmann Law, the radiation goes up with the fourth power of the temperature. Why Apple does it, I don't know.
post #69 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

I don't know about the iPad, but every Mac I've ever had, the first thing I have to do is calibrate the screen. They have an elaborate procedure for doing that in the "Display" section of System Preferences, but they ship with the screen set at an actinic blue glare that's really astonishing. The color temperature must be like 12,000 Kº! They apparently think we live on a planet of Rigel or something.
In my last post I was discussing panels going into mobile devices, not laptops and desktops. As for Mac's, I've only encountered a handful of units over the years that needed any sort of calibration; most are pre-calibrated to sRGB from the get go. From the sounds of it, you had a defective unit, because no screen should have a blueish tint of any kind. Also, a lot of people re-calibrate those types of devices anyway to ensure they work correctly in their production environments. Most mobile devices don't get placed into situations that require such exacting colour calibrations.
post #70 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

I don't know about the iPad, but every Mac I've ever had, the first thing I have to do is calibrate the screen. They have an elaborate procedure for doing that in the "Display" section of System Preferences, but they ship with the screen set at an actinic blue glare that's really astonishing. The color temperature must be like 12,000 Kº! They apparently think we live on a planet of Rigel or something.
In my last post I was discussing panels going into mobile devices, not laptops and desktops. As for Mac's, I've only encountered a handful of units over the years that needed any sort of calibration; most are pre-calibrated to sRGB from the get go. From the sounds of it, you had a defective unit, because no screen should have a blueish tint of any kind. Also, a lot of people re-calibrate those types of devices anyway to ensure they work correctly in their production environments. Most mobile devices don't get placed into situations that require such exacting colour calibrations.

Well, if you go in an Apple store, you'll see all the display models set to the same welding-arc color temperature, so they must consider it desirable from some point of view. Brightness-at-all-costs is the only reason I can think of.
post #71 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I'm sure the screen is bright and saturated, but is it color accurate? It makes sense to stick with your own ecosystem though. If you have a Samsung phone then a Samsung tablet fits. My ecosystem is all Apple so I would never consider a Samsung device. All the important people in my life have iOS so iMessage and Facetime are must haves for me. 

Such a stupid comment.

It doesn't make the blindest bit of sense to 'stick with your own ecosystem' if that ecosystem and the hardware it comes with are piles of shit.

You're effectively saying, 'Just go with what your friends have. Never mind if it's any good.'

You display a shallow, vacuous way of thinking, which does you no favours.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #72 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

 

Samsung is never the right choice.
Teach that to Tim Cook.

No; you need to learn that.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #73 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

What a crappy and desperate ad!

Only a fool would be fooled by such a deceptive, manipulative and lying ad, coming from the cheats known as Samsung. As their profits fall, their desperation increases, and they have some serious Apple jealousy, that they just can't hide.

What about the hundreds of clips of people who said that Apple is best?

Samsung just threw those away in the trash bin.

With manipulative and selective editing, you can walk around New York City and find people (dumbasses) who will say on camera that ebola is a good thing. There are dumbasses everywhere, and Samsung managed to find a few for their ad. They were also probably paid dumbasses.

They talk about the size and weight, because there's not much else to talk about.

Who cares about the size and weight, when it's running Android? It's like dating a skinny girl, but she happens to have AIDS! That's what an Android tablet is like. The size and weight is irrelevant when the inside is seriously sick and damaged.

So well said, as ever.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #74 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

 

Samsung is never the right choice.
Teach that to Tim Cook.

No; you need to learn that.

So explain why Tim continues to buy from Samsung.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #75 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
 

And the iPad Air has a very nice display, better than what 99% of average people have ever used in their lives.

 

Unfortunately American consumerism doesn't really work like that. 75% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck yes close to that same number have smartphone plans. We constantly spend what we don't have to impress friends and feel good about ourselves. If Samsung is producing a tablet with a better display, buyers will take notice. Having the best, even if it's meaningless is just imbedded into our DNA. Unfortunately for those buyers who listen to Samsung's ads, they'll be stuck with a beautiful screen on a piece of shit device.

post #76 of 103

I have decided to resign from this forum. Goodbye to long time friends. The likes of BF have made my participation too taxing, He wins. So long. I was going to do a Soli when I reached 10K posts but now I will just concentrate on my other interests. Enjoy!

 

Yeah and continue the hate, I just bought three Asus Windows computers today/


Edited by mstone - 8/29/14 at 8:32pm

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #77 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I have decided to resign from this forum. Goodbye to long time friends. The likes of BF have made my participation too taxing, He wins. So long. I was going to do a Soli when I reached 10K posts but now I will just concentrate on my other interests. Enjoy!

Yeah and continue the hate, I just bought three Asus Windows computers today/

1. You take things too seriously
2. Who cares what you buy?
3. If you desperately need people to agree with your contrarian views, why post them here?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #78 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

They wouldn't keep ragging at Apple if it didn't work. They would change tack. When you say Samsung's profits are down you need to be specific. I'm not doubting you but they are a massive company with so many products in so many areas that simply stating that their profits are down is a meaningless way to asses the effectiveness of a single campaign for a single product segment. Their tablets have been selling poorly so perhaps coat tailing Apple and comparing specs are dramatically increasing their sales.

When they talk about Samsung profits being down, they're talking about Samsung's mobile division which is the company's most profitable division. Of course it doesn't bode well for the company as a whole if your most profitable business unit is bleeding.

Your assertion that they wouldn't continue with the same line of advertising if it didn't work is clearly incorrect. Samsung's sales and profits are falling, so the ads aren't working, and Samsung is carrying on. The question is why, and the answer is most likely that they're out of ideas. They've tried insulting Apple, they've tried insulting Apple's customers, they've even tried hijacking a charity. They've tried faking tests, faking surveys. They've tried drawing Apple into a spec war. Nothing is working, but they don't actually know how to do anything else. It's a common enough trait in large companies: an inability to think broadly.

Apple's strategy works because their adverts make it look like there is no alternative. Samsung's fails because they insist on showing you the alternative and then somehow make themselves look like liars in the same ad.

Remember their last phone ad that basically said there was no need to wait for a larger screen because Samsung already had one. Implicitly telling people that a bigger screen iPhone is on the way counts as the biggest advertising fail in consumer electronics history. Even bigger than that Osborne fella who broke his own company.
post #79 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I have decided to resign from this forum. Goodbye to long time friends. The likes of BF have made my participation too taxing, He wins. So long. I was going to do a Soli when I reached 10K posts but now I will just concentrate on my other interests. Enjoy!

Yeah and continue the hate, I just bought three Asus Windows computers today/

post #80 of 103
fuckyou samsung
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad