or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad

Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad - Page 3

post #81 of 103
Please what junk of product. Lol
iPad is the king
post #82 of 103

"Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad…"

The archetypical  'be careful what you wish for'.

post #83 of 103

Wow! How pathetic! Out of 8.4 million people living in NYC, they found only a handful of people who prefer the Galaxy tablet and decides to boast over it… That’s samesung for you… Just be happy with the little scraps that they get off of the table. What a dog! Those handful of people were probably paid thousands of dollars for their lie.

post #84 of 103

Wow! How pathetic! Out of 8.4 million people living in NYC, they found only a handful of people who prefer the Galaxy tablet and decides to boast over it… That’s samesung for you… Just be happy with the little scraps that they get off of the table. What a dog! Those handful of people were probably paid thousands of dollars for their lie.

post #85 of 103

No Samsung bribes, lies, and coaches people to pick Samsung. None of it is a true reaction to the hardware they show between the two.

post #86 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeromeus View Post

It's not absurd that people talk up Samsung. I work in the cellular industry for a small carrier, and you'd be surprised at the people who will walk into the store, not look at iPhones and just ask about the latest Galaxy phone. Even after assessing their needs and determining an iPhone is a good solution, they recoil in disgust at my suggestion. The fanatic culture that surrounds Apple and how Samsung exploited that culture with their large advertising budget has really had an impact on how consumers view Galaxy phones vs Apple devices. To the point where they are often convinced to buy an inferior device because it's uncool to have working, dependable device like an iPhone.

post #87 of 103
Quote:

Nonsense. Look how many people in these forums get so mad if you don't praise Samsung that they'll quit. Samsung has plenty of fans.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #88 of 103

Those are shamesung employees trying to give shamesung publicity.  There is no such thing as REAL shamesung loyalists.

post #89 of 103

Nah!  There is no such thing as a "true" shamesung loyalist.  The few who appear to be are paid shamesung employees. 

post #90 of 103
Don't forget that when the iPhone first released they were comparing it to other smartphones at the first iPhone key!
post #91 of 103
I would never buy Samsung garbage when I've been happy with my Mac and other Apple products for 12 years now.
post #92 of 103
Quote:

Those are shamesung employees trying to give shamesung publicity.  There is no such thing as REAL shamesung loyalists.

Nonsense. All those celebrity iPhone users tweeting how much they love their Samsung products from their iPhone can't possibly be paid to say that. /s

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #93 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosslad View Post

I would never trust a Samsung advert to give a honest view. Remember when they got caught paying students to post poor reviews on HTC phones.

Samsung fans have conveniently forgotten that, and they have erected a memory barrier against remembering so they can sleep at night.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #94 of 103

Once a company is advertising using their competitor's name, they have lost. Pepsi lost to Coke, Dodge lost to all the other trucks, etc. etc. That said, you don't have to "win" to be successful...

Quote:

Originally Posted by b9bot View Post

Samsung has already been caught lying about there commercials.

To be fair, Apple's recent ad tells me that I don't know how powerful I am. That's complete lie. I'm a bike racer who trains with a power meter, so I do know how powerful I am. Much closer than anyone using one of these overblown pedometers knows.

post #95 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

Once a company is advertising using their competitor's name, they have lost. Pepsi lost to Coke, Dodge lost to all the other trucks, etc. etc. That said, you don't have to "win" to be successful...

Really?

etc, etc...

post #96 of 103
Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post
Really?

Yes, you continue not to comprehend the argument, just like so many others.

post #97 of 103
Quote:

Really?

etc, etc...

There's no competitor's name mentioned in that ad. "Windows" isn't anywhere in there.

post #98 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

There's no competitor's name mentioned in that ad. "Windows" isn't anywhere in there.

Did it have to be?

post #99 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yes, you continue not to comprehend the argument, just like so many others.

Do elucidate.

post #100 of 103
Quote:

Did it have to be?

Yes. I said "Once a company is advertising using their competitor's name, they have lost"

post #101 of 103
Do elucidate.

Show me any of those commercials where Microsoft, Dell, HP, or any companies are mentioned. They’re not.

This isn’t a laundry detergent commercial where they’ll outright say, “20% more effective than Tide!” The Get A Mac commercials positioned Apple against the rest of the industry as a whole. “Here’s every computer you would have otherwise considered. And here’s our stuff.”

post #102 of 103

Then it's a matter of interpretation and hair-splitting.

Apple have produced ads specifically comparing their products to competing products.  They are adds that invite comparison and which infer 'ours is better than theirs'.  They are completely different to ads that say 'we make widget n, and it has features x, y and z, so it's great, go buy one.

If you want to make a huge distinction that because names were left out the ads, they are therefore a different class of ad, then fine that's your prerogative, but I don't make that distinction and just view the compare and contrast type ads to be of a kind.

Apple's 'I'm a Mac' ads were far classier, subtle and humorous than Samsung's efforts, but their purpose was the same in my eyes.

post #103 of 103
Quote:

Then it's a matter of interpretation and hair-splitting.

Apple have produced ads specifically comparing their products to competing products.  They are adds that invite comparison and which infer 'ours is better than theirs'.  They are completely different to ads that say 'we make widget n, and it has features x, y and z, so it's great, go buy one.

If you want to make a huge distinction that because names were left out the ads, they are therefore a different class of ad, then fine that's your prerogative, but I don't make that distinction and just view the compare and contrast type ads to be of a kind.

Apple's 'I'm a Mac' ads were far classier, subtle and humorous than Samsung's efforts, but their purpose was the same in my eyes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_advertising

"Comparative advertising is an advertisement in which a particular product, or service, specifically mentions a competitor by name"

of course it then goes on to mention Mac vs. PC down below, but PC isn't a company or model.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad