or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Ok, I need to know how to get a trademark, copyright, patent .....

Ok, I need to know how to get a trademark, copyright, patent .....

post #1 of 7
Ok, I need to know how to go through with this process for my company that I am about to start. I am 18 and I think the age to get one is 18 so Im cool on that. I just need to know who to contact to get this stuff in palce. It's important that I get this stuff copyrighted.
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
post #2 of 7
[quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:
<strong>Ok, I need to know how to go through with this process for my company that I am about to start. I am 18 and I think the age to get one is 18 so Im cool on that. I just need to know who to contact to get this stuff in palce. It's important that I get this stuff copyrighted.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't know anything about it, but I would start by reading the
<a href="http://www.loc.gov/copyright/" target="_blank">United States Copyright Office web page</a>.
post #3 of 7
<a href="http://www.uspto.gov/" target="_blank">United States Patent and Trademark Office</a> might be of interest too.

[ 04-02-2002: Message edited by: Stroszek ]</p>
post #4 of 7
Good lookin out.
post #5 of 7
Have a copyright declaration notorized and you're set with copyright.

Have you registered your domain name? I guess you have because that's the easiest part.

Patent is quite difficult, but can be the most rewarding. Go to the patents office site to research.

Trademarks do not need to be registered. A non-registered trade mark can be accompanied by the symbol (TM). Just make sure no one else in a similar business is using the same TM and you'll be okay. If business takes off you can go through the registration process with the patents office.
post #6 of 7
Can you tell us what kind of business you're going into without tipping your hand too much?

Jeff
What are you up to, Norm?

My ideal weight if I were 11 feet tall.
What are you up to, Norm?

My ideal weight if I were 11 feet tall.
post #7 of 7
What are you trying to get a patent on?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Ok, I need to know how to get a trademark, copyright, patent .....