or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Post your desktop

Post your desktop - Page 44  

post #1721 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by bka77
Kenneth, please where can I download both of your desktop images?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gon
Could you put the left one with the gondolas up for download? And similar ones you might have? The colors look so nice!

They are all under the "Cinema HD" folder on my iDisk.
http://homepage.mac.com/kennethyan/FileSharing.html

You can hit preview and see which one you like. Actually, I took those from the Apple Store. :: opps ::
post #1722 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth
They are all under the "Cinema HD" folder on my iDisk.
http://homepage.mac.com/kennethyan/FileSharing.html

You can hit preview and see which one you like. Actually, I took those from the Apple Store. :: opps ::

Thanks. I thought I had seen some of the other pics before. As a heads-up for anyone who has a large display or multi display setup, these are real quality files. Many are around 5000px by 3000 px and I think there might be enough sharpness for final backgrounds with maybe 2500px, 3000px total width.
post #1723 of 1796
Some water desktops.

post #1724 of 1796
Mine's suitably boring - have hidden all evidence of nefarious activity:

What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #1725 of 1796
post #1726 of 1796
I found a great source for nice pictures of men, so I am affraid I have another set of men desktops. But they are very nice. All have a film grain texture to them

Here is one:

As always a full galary at my site.
post #1727 of 1796

Atop Jay Peak in Vermont. I believe my back is facing Quebec, which is only a stone's throw away.
post #1728 of 1796
Being a fan of Superman, i quickly put together this wallpaper, which consists of Superman covers, drawn by Jim Lee and inked by Sean Williams, who together are putting out some stunning art.

post #1729 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Maffrew
Being a fan of Superman, i quickly put together this wallpaper, which consists of Superman covers, drawn by Jim Lee and inked by Sean Williams, who together are putting out some stunning art.

If you could make one with some of Alex Ross' works that would be great
post #1730 of 1796
Here's an Alex Ross one

post #1731 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Maffrew
Here's an Alex Ross one

Wow, that is an awesome desktop, nice choice of pictures, I like the Christmas tree one.
post #1732 of 1796
cool!
Here is mine of last year
post #1733 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by CMA
cool!
Here is mine of last year

do you still have that desktop?
i would like it
I think I think...therefore, I think I am.

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...

We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more...
post #1734 of 1796
I just took a screenshot of my desktop. I have provided a link rather then posting an image as it is quite wide or 50% the width of my 2560x1600 screen resolution.

My Desktop [1280x800px]
trevorM

- Apple Dual 1.85Ghz Power Mac G5, 2Gb, 80Gb, Superdrive, Bluetooth, Airport.
- Apple 30" Cinema HD
- Apple 800Mhz Powerbook G4, 512Mb, 40Gb, Combo drive, Airport
trevorM

- Apple 30" Cinema HD
post #1735 of 1796
See http://mandolux.mine.nu/ for the images I have used as wallpaper. Mando is a member here at Appleinsider and that is how I came across all those fantastic shots I have used as wallpaper!
trevorM

- Apple 30" Cinema HD
trevorM

- Apple 30" Cinema HD
post #1736 of 1796

No problemo...
You want the silver/wood one... or the wood one?
post #1737 of 1796
dude, thank you so much

post #1738 of 1796
The best show on TV, hands down.

post #1739 of 1796
post #1740 of 1796
Updated the risque desktops a while ago.

They are letter boxes. Here is one:

Look now going to update them soon.
post #1741 of 1796
Bunch of branches. Rather aimless set. But I digress.

post #1742 of 1796

post #1743 of 1796
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #1744 of 1796
gene clean where did you get that desktop? it looks bad ass and I need one like it :-D
I need a new moniter...
I need a new moniter...
post #1745 of 1796
Updated Risque desktop collection to "doubles" this week.

Sample:
post #1746 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Chikara
gene clean where did you get that desktop? it looks bad ass and I need one like it :-D

I found it somewhere in deviantART, but I don't have it anymore; courtesy of kernel panic + forced to install a fresh OS X copy.

Sorry. If I find it, I'll PM you.
post #1747 of 1796
If someone like 'chikara' desperate wants some chick as their wallpaper:

here is josie!
post #1748 of 1796
I'm using a heavily modified version of the World of Warcraft Azerothean map, which I've been working on this weekend, adding some nice flare and such.

Clicky Clicky
post #1749 of 1796
I feel dumb.....

but how do I print screen on a Mac?
post #1750 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Kabz
I feel dumb.....

but how do I print screen on a Mac?

Shift-cmd-3 will save a pdf file of your screen to your desktop. You'll have to convert it to JPG yourself.

Shift-cmd-4 will give you crosshairs to select only part of the screen.
post #1751 of 1796
Use Snapz X Pro 2.0....
post #1752 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Shift-cmd-3 will save a pdf file of your screen to your desktop. You'll have to convert it to JPG yourself.

Shift-cmd-4 will give you crosshairs to select only part of the screen.

but I can't just paste that in photoshop...
how do I actually put it DOWN in an app? and which app?
thanks
post #1753 of 1796
command (apple)-shift-3 = capture screen
command-shift-4 = capture with crosshairs
command-shift-4, then spacebar = capture element (window, menubar, Dock, etc.)

To copy the screen capture to the clipboard, hold down control with any of these combinations. You can paste the image into any app that can create or edit images (except iPhoto apparently \) and save out from there.

Also, you can use the Grab application in your utilities folder for a few more options, including what format to save in.

Finally, to convert any of your screen grabs from .pdf or any other format to another format, open the screen grab (placed on the desktop by default) in the Preview application and choose Export from its File menu. Preview is handy as more than just a print preview viewer.

PS: while the Help Viewer is still oddly slow on this OS, it does have pages about grab and these shortcuts when you do a search for "print screen." Of course, they're mixed in with other print -- as in paper -- documentation, but that's why we call them screen grabs on this side of the fence.
post #1754 of 1796
edit* Nevermind, BuonRotto got it best. Follow his instructions.
post #1755 of 1796
Haha....thanks.

forgive the dumb (former) PC user.
post #1756 of 1796
no no no...that is an old 'Johny come lately'trick and gives you to much hassle when you gonna save it (pdf/photo-shop bs)

simple:

Click for Capture Me so one can make screendumps,dvd-screendumps or whatever screen-picture you want.
When you have it: Drag the little screen over what you wanna copy.CTRL+ click it, and then apple+S to save it
Name it what you want and put an .jpg! at the end, and your are done!

If you wanna have 2nd & 3rd options:

SnaproX and FreeSnap and even Digitally Obsessed
post #1757 of 1796
Are we allowed to post screenies from other OS's? I wanna post a Linux screenie
post #1758 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by CMA
no no no...that is an old 'Johny come lately'trick and gives you to much hassle when you gonna save it (pdf/photo-shop bs)

simple:

Click for Capture Me so one can make screendumps,dvd-screendumps or whatever screen-picture you want.
When you have it: Drag the little screen over what you wanna copy.CTRL+ click it, and then apple+S to save it
Name it what you want and put an .jpg! at the end, and your are done!

If you wanna have 2nd & 3rd options:

SnaproX and FreeSnap and even Digitally Obsessed

No... that's not a "trick". It's built in to the OS, and users might not want to install and run third-party solutions. BuonRotto mentioned that holding donw "ctrl" with the key combinations will give you the identical behavior to Windows. Personally, I just use Preview to convert the files. It's easy when opening the .pdf file into preview is simply a double-click away. It literally takes seconds.
post #1759 of 1796
post #1760 of 1796
Quote:
Originally posted by Neruda
Anyone into Fractals?

http://www.sticksoftware.com/softwar...ureManual.html

Got it use it love it, beautiful images.
Please consider throwing extra cycles at better understanding Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (CJD), ALS, and Parkinson's disease go here <a href="http://folding.stanford.edu/" target="_blank">http://folding....
Please consider throwing extra cycles at better understanding Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (CJD), ALS, and Parkinson's disease go here <a href="http://folding.stanford.edu/" target="_blank">http://folding....
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Post your desktop