or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Your first computer ever???

Your first computer ever??? - Page 3

post #81 of 85
First computer exposure: The terminal my mom used as a newspaper editor

First home computer: Mom's <a href="http://www.digitalcentury.com/encyclo/update/osborne.html" target="_blank"> Osborne</a>
(I don't think I saw anyone else with this response!)

First Apple use: Apple II

First Mac Use: SE/30 at grandparent's office

First Family Mac: LC (1991)

[ 07-30-2002: Message edited by: Big Mac ]

[ 07-30-2002: Message edited by: Big Mac ]</p>
PPC4EVER
PPC4EVER
post #82 of 85
An old 8086 with 1MB RAM and a 10MB hard drive. green screen only! I hated it and only used it for a few papers in uni. The guy who sold it to my dad said it was a 286 and we knew nothing about computers. Later I figured that out.

The next computer I had was the first computer I bought all myself... a gorgeous LC575 4/256.

What a machine that was. Gorgeous graphics and great for games, came with Claris Works for doing papers and the like. I loved that computer.

I think of that as my REAL first computer since the PC and I never bonded and I only used it out of necessity.
i got a letter from the government the other day i opened and read it it said they were suckers they wanted me for their army or whatever picture me given' a damn I said never here is a land that...
i got a letter from the government the other day i opened and read it it said they were suckers they wanted me for their army or whatever picture me given' a damn I said never here is a land that...
post #83 of 85
Vic 20, with tape drive. Still have it in the attic at my parent's house. I could probably sell it on eBay, but then I wouldn't have it anymore.
King Felix
King Felix
post #84 of 85
We got a Commodore 64 when I was about 8 but I wasnt impressed, so we got an Amiga 500, they were the Sh*t, man they rocked.
I got me a LC3 straight outta high school then moved on up to a kickin' 9500/150 Powermac when I was at University. It was fab, ran Protools like greased sh*t and totally blew my PC weenie friends away.
When I moved to the UK I found a 9600/G3500 which was great but I ditched that when I saw OSX.
Now I am a happy Pismo Powerbook and Cube owner.
Idiot, slow down....

- The Tourist, Radiohead
Idiot, slow down....

- The Tourist, Radiohead
post #85 of 85
Commodore Educator 64 ! and I still have it, I have it on display with my antiques, right next to a Burrough's Adding Machine - 1918, White Sewing Machine - 1894. It just looks great next to them.

Oh, man those were the days........
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Your first computer ever???