or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Location of User Information

Location of User Information

post #1 of 27
Could someone move the post count, from, etc. to the left side instead of the bottom?
"Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Think Different
"Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Think Different
post #2 of 27
I second that
post #3 of 27
it's coming. probably tomorrow.
post #4 of 27
great. Thanks a lot guys! Your work is appreciated!
post #5 of 27
Would it be possible to expidite this? I'm going nuts having to look below for the info.
post #6 of 27
[quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:
<strong>it's coming. probably tomorrow.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Uh...I hate to pressure, but 'tomorrow' was just under two weeks ago. Is there any chance of this change being made? I'm pretty sure its nothing too complicated to do.
post #7 of 27
I kinda like it on the bottom.
post #8 of 27
[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:
<strong>I kinda like it on the bottom.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nah - better at the side.

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Mac+ ]</p>
less is more
less is more
post #9 of 27
The bottom adds more vertical space, there's lots of wasted space on the side.
post #10 of 27
I'm only posting here cause I want to see what my member # is (it apparently only shows up in the profile that's attached to a post)...but...uh...I guess I like the info on the left.
As long as I am mayor of this city [Jersey City, New Jersey] the great industries are secure. We hear about constitutional rights, free speech and the free press. Every time I hear these words I...
As long as I am mayor of this city [Jersey City, New Jersey] the great industries are secure. We hear about constitutional rights, free speech and the free press. Every time I hear these words I...
post #11 of 27
it will happen... paitience..
post #12 of 27
[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:
<strong>I kinda like it on the bottom.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The crucial memorandum will be snared in the out-basket by
the paper clip of the overlying memo and go to file.
post #13 of 27
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sinewave:
[qb]

[/qb][/QUOTE]515 posts of " " ?

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Synotic ]</p>
post #14 of 27
[quote]Originally posted by Synotic:
<strong>[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sinewave:
[qb]

[/qb][/QUOTE]515 posts of " " ?

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Synotic ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Heh my posts are hardly just

I was going to make a comment but I figured it either get the topic locked.. or I would be scolded

I was all ready once warned not to turn this into macmonkey.com. So I just smiled
post #15 of 27
So...?
post #16 of 27
We're not into locking topics, folks.

As for the info getting moved, we're yelling at the code-bitch (parallax) to do it... it WILL happen, eventually...
post #17 of 27
[quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:
<strong>We're not into locking topics, folks.

As for the info getting moved, we're yelling at the code-bitch (parallax) to do it... it WILL happen, eventually...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't you have access to the control panel, and isn't just a matter of flipping a radio button? Or is it something that requires editing the forum files?
post #18 of 27
Hackign the actual UBB code.

If it were flipping a switch, we'd have done it before we opened.
post #19 of 27
Ahhhh.
post #20 of 27
[quote]Originally posted by graphiteman:
<strong>Ahhhh.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's why it's such a pain. You have to look around for all the variables and then move them. It wouldn't be that bad, but UBB uses retarded variable names.

We've been busy with some other stuff (like setting up the appleinsider.com backend, and resurrecting our image/database server that crashed earlier today), but we'll get around to it once things calm down.

As you can imagine, there are some higher priority things in the pipeline.

thanks for your patience
"If I were a younger man, I would write a history of human stupidity; and I would climb to the top of Mount McCabe and lie down on my back with my history for a pillow; and I would take from the...
"If I were a younger man, I would write a history of human stupidity; and I would climb to the top of Mount McCabe and lie down on my back with my history for a pillow; and I would take from the...
post #21 of 27
Now that I've seen it again on the side I like it even more on the bottom.
post #22 of 27
Nice work. Thanks to the person who did it.
post #23 of 27
The only thing I like about it is that it reminds me more of the old AI.
post #24 of 27
I like it better this way. Reminds me of the super.cool quake3world.com forums
post #25 of 27
&lt;==

cool - thanks
less is more
less is more
post #26 of 27
Actually, I just checked out some threads in the Apple Outsider forum and they're not changed over there yet. I noticed that the member info was in bold.

Could this happen on the side also? (just as a matter of contrast)
less is more
less is more
post #27 of 27
[quote]Originally posted by Mac+:
<strong>Actually, I just checked out some threads in the Apple Outsider forum and they're not changed over there yet. I noticed that the member info was in bold.

Could this happen on the side also? (just as a matter of contrast)</strong><hr></blockquote>

They'll change when people reply to the topics. Until then they'll have it on the bottom. It's obviously possible for it to be bold on the side because when it was first changed it was bold, but it looks better like this.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Location of User Information