or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Who's Online

Who's Online

post #1 of 13
So...any eta on when you, the AI deities, might be installing it?
That's the problem with changing the past. You never get to say "I told you so".
That's the problem with changing the past. You never get to say "I told you so".
post #2 of 13
Does anyone else actually use that feature?
post #3 of 13
yep
Because the people who are crazy enough to think thay can change the world, are the ones who do
Because the people who are crazy enough to think thay can change the world, are the ones who do
post #4 of 13
I don't like people to know when I'm lurking.
post #5 of 13
This feature could actually be pretty cool. Would it require high system resources, though? And what about people who leave a window to AI open all day?
post #6 of 13
i'm unsure if it's possible.

ill look into it.
post #7 of 13
actually. it's there... just not on the main page... look at the "buddy list" feature in your profile.
post #8 of 13
AFAIK that doesn't show if they're online, it only allows you to private message them faster.
post #9 of 13
[quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:
<strong>i'm unsure if it's possible.

ill look into it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It is easily possible. To see an example of Who's Online go here: <a href="http://www.clan-mac.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi" target="_blank">http://www.clan-mac.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi</a>
post #10 of 13
MacAgent - it does show if they're online.

It isn't possible = my nice way of saying it's not going to happen.. Too many frills = unnecessary. I'm a minimalist, guys... (and if somebody mentions the smilies, i'll ban 'em )
post #11 of 13
Point taken. But would you be willing to let someone else do it for you?
post #12 of 13
Not really. Problem is, we like to keep the software current: every time we hack something, each time we upgrade, we gotta re-hack.

Pain in the ass.
post #13 of 13
I know the feeling. I have three hacks on my board alone. It really annoyed me when Infopop released 6.1, 6.1.0.1 and 6.1.0.2 so close to each other. Luckily I have BBedit so I could just do a simple document comparison and add the changes to the hacked files. Saves a great deal of time.

It's good that you're trying to keep the boards current, I just wish MacAddict would try to do the same. They still use bloody 5.47e.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Who's Online