or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Msg Preview

Msg Preview

post #1 of 16
What's the posibility of adding a message preview button like slashdot? (oops I mean macslash)
post #2 of 16
[quote]Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent:
<strong>What's the posibility of adding a message preview button like slashdot? (oops I mean macslash)</strong><hr></blockquote>It's not possible with UBB asfaik.
post #3 of 16
Is there really a point to it anyway? If there's something wrong with your post you can always edit it.
post #4 of 16
Impossible with UBB.

Sorry
post #5 of 16
Impossible? No. Able to be done? Yes. Gonna happen here? No.
That's the problem with changing the past. You never get to say "I told you so".
That's the problem with changing the past. You never get to say "I told you so".
post #6 of 16
You wanna code it, Trekkie?

yourself.
post #7 of 16
[quote]Originally posted by Trekkie:
<strong>Impossible? No. Able to be done? Yes. Gonna happen here? No. </strong><hr></blockquote>Are you kidding?
post #8 of 16
[quote]Originally posted by Synotic:
<strong>Are you kidding?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, I'm not. There is a UBB hack that allows you to preview your post before submitting it. UBB is very, very flexible.
post #9 of 16
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Trekkie:
[QB]No, I'm not. There is a UBB hack that allows you to preview your post before submitting it. UBB is very, very flexible. [/QB][/QUOTE]Care to show us/give us a link? Anyways, the more hacks they put on, the harder it is to update.
post #10 of 16
I know how hard it becomes to keep the boards current with hacks installed. I run my own UBB. That's why I know so much about it's abilities and code hacks.

The link for the preview post hack: <a href="http://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000013" target="_blank">http://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000013</a>

I've offered to help install these hacks and keep the boards current but no takers so far. Oh well!
post #11 of 16
Nah, I don't think you actually need this. As someone else mentioned: You can always go back and edit your message.
post #12 of 16
It's coming in UBB 6.2, which is currently in private beta. Expect it to go public beta sometime later this month or early in January.

-jlb
post #13 of 16
[quote]Originally posted by jlb:
<strong>It's coming in UBB 6.2, which is currently in private beta. Expect it to go public beta sometime later this month or early in January.

-jlb</strong><hr></blockquote>

That won't be out for at least another six months, probably (final version), but that's when it's coming.

Just a heads up, these are the other features coming with 6.2:

1. Who's Online
2. Polls
3. Post Preview
4. Email Notification Off Option
5. Private Forum Posting Enhancements

So please don't ask until 6.2's out.

thanks

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: gorgonzola ]</p>
"If I were a younger man, I would write a history of human stupidity; and I would climb to the top of Mount McCabe and lie down on my back with my history for a pillow; and I would take from the...
"If I were a younger man, I would write a history of human stupidity; and I would climb to the top of Mount McCabe and lie down on my back with my history for a pillow; and I would take from the...
post #14 of 16
Final public version of 6.2 in six months? Nah. Two or three after the beta release, max.

Infopop is slow, but they're not that slow.

-jlb
post #15 of 16
OK, I checked. It was about five months between the public beta of 6.1 and the actual final release (not counting 6.1.0.1 and 6.1.0.2 bug fixes). My mistake.

-jlb
post #16 of 16
Double post.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: jlb ]</p>
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Msg Preview