or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Locked threads

Locked threads

post #1 of 9
It seems that more and more threads are getting locked. Why not let them develop - just because they start out as similar to an already existing one, doesn't mean they will end up as such.......

Future Hardware has, when I last checked, thirteen locked topics, some of which seem valid to me. Sometimes we don't want to trawl through a couple of hundred posts on a popular subject to post our response.

Sure this doesn't affect me as I hardly ever post. I am interested in the discussions, but consider that I have a lot to learn before spouting my opinions.

Mods, is it really such a big deal if a post isn't EXACTLY on topic, or repeats a few points? All these locked threads clutter the boards just as much as if they would do if allowed to continue.
post #2 of 9
Moving to Suggestions...
post #3 of 9
Mods keep locking them.

I hate looking for multiple threads on the same subject. You're keeping things clean and that's what matters the most.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #4 of 9
Except when they throw out the lot rather than allow topics to develop or seemingly 'Future Hardware ' topics locked for no apparent reason. let alone the ones that disappear without a word of explanation.
"Beyond the rumour sites. Way beyond"

2002 Apple Computer, Inc
"Beyond the rumour sites. Way beyond"

2002 Apple Computer, Inc
post #5 of 9
Yea...you guys could at least show us the Cease and Desist letter you got from Apple Legal for all the new G4 pictures that were floating around...

I started a thread asking for it in FH and by the time my 56k got back to the FH page it was already locked!
post #6 of 9
While I'm on that topic can we at least TALK about the pics if we don't post them? Other sites are doing this and Apple Legal doesn't seem to care so long as the pics don't get posted...
post #7 of 9
I think at least the admins owe some sort of explanation about this.

I appreaciate that the pressure might be big from apple, but explaining what and why is better than spending every two seconds locking down threads in future hardware. Im sure most of us would understand.

Come to think of it: The very fact that apple seems to be piling big pressure here speaks volumes!
nothing clever to see here ... move along ...
nothing clever to see here ... move along ...
post #8 of 9
Yes, I am nonplussed as well by what is going on in Future Hardware. Are you all just sick of posts about the pictures, is this a legal situation, or what?
"Moo" said the chicken
"Cluck" said the cow
Dr. Frankenstein rubbed his hands together with glee
"Moo" said the chicken
"Cluck" said the cow
Dr. Frankenstein rubbed his hands together with glee
post #9 of 9
Let's just follow this sequence of events logically:

General:
- Pictures leaked and posted at various places.
- Apple sends threatening letters to those places.
- Those places remove the pictures.

Specific:
- Pictures posted at AI.
- ?
- AI removes the pictures.

I don't know, this is a mystery!

[ 07-24-2002: Message edited by: groverat ]</p>
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Locked threads