or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › See something wrong? Submit graphics!

See something wrong? Submit graphics!

post #1 of 44
If you see something about the new forums that you don't like, submit graphics that you'd like to replace ugly stuff here!
post #2 of 44
Uh, everything looks great so far. Great job to everyone involved in the transition

One thing that surprised me was the Knight Rider music on login, is the music supposed to be on that page? Or, for that matter any of the error pages? Just curious... I knew you guys used it during board downtime, wasn't sure if you were using it anywhere else.
What the problem is?
What the problem is?
post #3 of 44
Ugly stuff you see here?

Jon. I'm hurt.

I hope you refer to the few remaining original vB graphics that I haven't replaced myself yet.
post #4 of 44
I love the discolored signitures. Very nice work guys.
''i'm an extremist, i have to deal with my own extreme personality and i walk the fine line of wanting to die and wanting to be the ruler of all.''
''i'm an extremist, i have to deal with my own extreme personality and i walk the fine line of wanting to die and wanting to be the ruler of all.''
post #5 of 44
It's looking really good fellas!
post #6 of 44
The Knight Rider graphic/sound is still funny

The only thing wrong is my post count dropped from 978 to 851.

But at least the shakes have stopped...

Barto
Self Indulgent Experiments keep me occupied.

rotate zmze pe vizspygmsr minus four

post #7 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by Barto
The Knight Rider graphic/sound is still funny

But at least the shakes have stopped...

Barto

Mow that you mention it, my posts dropped by maybe around 50 or so. Me.. hope it's not proportionate, or EmAn's gonna be down to like 7.
post #8 of 44
I've found two things wrong so far. This, where the quotes don't work:

Replying to the post shows that start tags are square brackets and end tags are arrows. This is wrong for obvious reasons:

Barto

PS LOVE the larget input field. One thing that will catch people out will be that the "buddy" icon is where the old reply icon was.

post #9 of 44
can't fix that.

it's a byproduct of the import. sorry.
post #10 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by Barto

Then you must have had some 100 posts that were deleted in the old AI forum. The counters on UBB never properly decremented when you deleted a post and for that matter could never be re-checked to be sure they were accurate. On vB, the counters *are* properly updated.
post #11 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
Then you must have had some 100 posts that were deleted in the old AI forum. The counters on UBB never properly decremented when you deleted a post and for that matter could never be re-checked to be sure they were accurate. On vB, the counters *are* properly updated.

You really do go out looking for the answers before we know there's a problem, huh?
post #12 of 44
Thanks for the explanation.

I've noticed one more thing: No page number for me at the top of threads! only at the bottom!

Barto

post #13 of 44
The forum jump menu goes without clicking the button, I remember this being discussed before and it was decided that it should not go until the arrow was clicked... I figured that since there was still a button there that's how it was supposed to be.
post #14 of 44
It works for me.
post #15 of 44
I know it works, it's not supposed to go until you click the arrow button, right..?
post #16 of 44
Glory, Glory Hallelujah....

Nice job guys. Someday you'll tell your grandkids about the great UBB to vBulletin switch!
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #17 of 44
Quote:

stupid SA and FC posts.... grumble grumble

I'm missing about 200 posts...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #18 of 44
I like the new design. I like how the New Topic and Reply buttons have graphics from Mail on them. Also it's good that the four little circles with pictures in them got updated. I can't tell what the last one is though (the first three are the Xserve, TiBook and iMac).

However, it's annoying how now the menu used to select what forum to jump to is only at the bottom, no longer at the top. So if I want to go from forum to forum, I have to either click back and then pick it again, or I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom. Sure doesn't make a good case for anti-tab people, considering tabs solve the problem perfectly but we won't go there here. Can that be fixed?
post #19 of 44
Nice work, really!

It's minimalist, easy to read, non-intrusive, not Windows-looking. All-together poifect.
post #20 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by Luca Rescigno
I like the new design. I like how the New Topic and Reply buttons have graphics from Mail on them. Also it's good that the four little circles with pictures in them got updated. I can't tell what the last one is though (the first three are the Xserve, TiBook and iMac).

the last one is an iPod remote... and the Ti will soon be outdated
Quote:
However, it's annoying how now the menu used to select what forum to jump to is only at the bottom, no longer at the top. So if I want to go from forum to forum, I have to either click back and then pick it again, or I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom. Sure doesn't make a good case for anti-tab people, considering tabs solve the problem perfectly but we won't go there here. Can that be fixed?

yeah this is annoying, but I'm sure it will get fixed along with a slew of other cosmetic and functional changes... Its like os X.0.0 and 9.2.2 ubb had quite a few hacks installed, it is going to take a while to get vB up to 10.2.4 (well, hopefully a little better then that...)
post #21 of 44
Oh. Repeat the "Forum Jump" menu and page numbers above the threads, as well as below. Of course, I could just stick it in my menubar.
post #22 of 44
well, under your CP, in the PM section, there are still Graphics from original vB.

And under the profile, every user is able to change his 'second' name. Like I'm an Senior Member now.
post #23 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul

Same here. :confused: and to be honest, I was rather happy to have bridged the 1000 count. Looks like I'm a nOOb all over again.
post #24 of 44
good job guys...still used to the old layout, so when i want to go back up to AI main page from FutureHardware or something i still go to the right of the page when i need to start going to the left...but i'll get used to it

excellent job guys!

...will vB be able to eventually show what the last posted topic was on the mainpage like UBB did?
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #25 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by der Kopf
Same here. :confused: and to be honest, I was rather happy to have bridged the 1000 count. Looks like I'm a nOOb all over again.

yeah i'm missing 200 or so i think too...weird...oh well least i wasn't at 200...still look somewhat respectable
post #26 of 44
Yes, vB is very nice and stuff but one thing is bugging me at the mo, the large input field is too large for my 15" display (have to scroll across a lot).
Any way of changing this?
post #27 of 44
I dont particularly like how the Forum Jump menu is on the left and not the right, but at least all the
PHP Code:
vB Code performs right, as it does not on the MacNN boards 
uhm...where is my smokey guy?
post #28 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
And under the profile, every user is able to change his 'second' name.

No, only members with 1000+ posts can do this.

FYI, if people abuse this priviledge or spam to get their post count up to use it, it will be revoked.
post #29 of 44
I've got a bug, but I can't post a picture of it because I'm viewing it at work on a PC.

Everytime an AI page loads in IE on Windows 2000 I see a runtime error "Object Expected Line 66".

It asks me if I want to debug and I just say no and it goes away. I get the message because I have all the Windows Dev Tools installed. It looks like its just a JavaScript error.
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
post #30 of 44
Quote:
No, only members with 1000+ posts can do this.

Nice to know that.

Quote:
FYI, if people abuse this priviledge or spam to get their post count up to use it, it will be revoked.

I'm not going to do that. I've had my share of bad experiences. You know ... (pun intended, but no 'bad' one..just being nice)

edit: still going to ask: what would be 'abusing' ?
post #31 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul

Tell me. I'm missing closer to 400.

A lot of stupid, random, useless crap died with SA.
post #32 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by Spart
A lot of stupid, random, useless crap died with SA.

be happy you knew about it.
post #33 of 44
Quote:
And under the profile, every user is able to change his 'second' name. Like I'm an Senior Member now.

I was a Senior Member for about 5 minutes this morning, then I tweaked my profile and now I'm back to Member again....ahhh, the fleeting fickleness of fame.

BTW boys....an excellent job on the transition. Very Zippy in Camino too! Thanks for all your hard work!

/Hmm...that's weird. The 'TM' I posted after Zippy got changed to a '?'....vB doesn't like odd characters? (not you Jon or Brad, I mean keyboard stuff )
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
post #34 of 44
Is it possible I'm missing all of my private messages? That'd be sad... I had some heroic bouts of bilateral insults with groverat stocked there, which were always good for cheering me up...
post #35 of 44
Quote:
be happy you knew about it.

Yeah, however useless, it was fun.

I wonder if there's something similar still around.
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by 709
/Hmm...that's weird. The 'TM' I posted after Zippy got changed to a '?'....vB doesn't like odd characters?

vB handles the "special" characters fine. Safari, though, often craps out on them in forms like this.
post #37 of 44
Quote:
vB handles the "special" characters fine. Safari, though, often craps out on them in forms like this.

That was it. Back to Camino I go (for now).
post #38 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by ast3r3x
yeah i'm missing 200 or so i think too...weird...oh well least i wasn't at 200...still look somewhat respectable

Quote:
Then you must have had some 100 posts that were deleted in the old AI forum.

Is it possible you had some posts deleted in GD? I honestly have no idea, just wondering.

post #39 of 44
Woah... I'm missing 1000 posts or so.
post #40 of 44
Quote:
Originally posted by EmAn
Woah... I'm missing 1000 posts or so.

that's like a man standing on a lake shore saying it's missing a few gallons of water....
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › See something wrong? Submit graphics!