or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › New Smilies

New Smilies - Page 3

post #81 of 99
Quote:
Originally posted by Spart
The guy isn't new (at least, it had its equivalent on the UBB AI.)

And if you want one of those head banging against the wall ones spartified, you're going to have to learn how to spartify.

Of course he's not new completely, but a new design. I meant I like the new version. I thought that was somewhat implied in this thread.

spartify? wow.
hmmm.... I need something clever here....
hmmm.... I need something clever here....
post #82 of 99
Quote:
Originally posted by Whyatt Thrash
I'm fond of this one myself.

OMG!! Thats the best one!!

Oh, and looks bad.. I like this one better ! Something to do with the mouth.. He's laughing just like the characters in the Dragonball Z cartoon! Uuuugly...

And I love this one too, ! I would really like a thing like that in here..

And doesnt look sad enough...

And.... *Drummbeat* should have the same mouth as .. In my opinion...

Aaaand this:
Quote:
Originally posted by 709
I like the old tounge-sticker-outer better than the new one too. The old one had a certain deviousness about himself. The new one looks too mechanical...like he's (she's?) at a doctor saying 'AAAHHH'.
"There's no bigot like a religious bigot and there's no religion more fanatical than that espoused by Macintosh zealots." ~Martin Veitch, IT Week [31-01-2003]
"There's no bigot like a religious bigot and there's no religion more fanatical than that espoused by Macintosh zealots." ~Martin Veitch, IT Week [31-01-2003]
post #83 of 99
I stole the term "spartify" from someone else who posted it earlier in this thread.

And T'hain Esh Kelch, please, make new versions since mine are so bad.
post #84 of 99
I love the new boards, and the new smilies. They are much more attractive than the old ones. A few changes i would suggest have already been mentioned so...I look forward to the final smilies set.
A switched PC advocate...New Apple Lover
A switched PC advocate...New Apple Lover
post #85 of 99
I'm all for the old smileys. . .

this one looks espescially bad all newish
\ the mouth should be longer on this dude

i still like all the old 2d ones.
post #86 of 99
This one goes in all the CONFIRMED threads:
post #87 of 99
Spart, I think you've done a great job with all of them. Seeing as though I have no expertise AT ALL in doing stuff like that, I have this to say:

I really think that really looks wrong, still. I think part of it is that he looks a bit pissed, and that when he sticks out his tongue, he seems like a lizard. Is there a way that his eyes and mouth could be more "smiley?"

Thanks, bud.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #88 of 99
Quote:
Originally posted by Spart
I stole the term "spartify" from someone else who posted it earlier in this thread.

And T'hain Esh Kelch, please, make new versions since mine are so bad.

I made a new word

we are just suggesting what we think could make the smilies better... :/

good job with btw...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #89 of 99
Is there any kind of special software you need to make these smilies? Or is it all Photoshop?
The following sentence is false.
The preceding sentence is true.
The following sentence is false.
The preceding sentence is true.
post #90 of 99
The two tools I used were Photoshop and ImageReady. I made all of the smilies from scratch in PS using mostly vector tools, and then exported some of it to ImageReady for animation.

CosmoNut, personally, I think that the smiley looks fine. Without the tongue out, he looks quite mischievous in my opinion.

And xionja, what is so wrong with the smiley? I think its one of the best ones I made.
post #91 of 99
is very good as well

's tounge is too big for the mouth... make the mouth 1 or 2 pixels bigger on both sides... would make a big difference...
post #92 of 99
Quote:
Originally posted by Wotan
Is there any kind of special software you need to make these smilies? Or is it all Photoshop?

I believe the animated ones are animated in ImageReady.
post #93 of 99
Correct.

It's a tad buggy, but it works.
post #94 of 99
is it too late for smiley regime change?

how about a smiley to denote jibba jabba

and if we can't have a cool dude in a fedora, how about hair?

nice board update, nice smilies, keeps getting better
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #95 of 99
Quote:
Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch
This one goes in all the CONFIRMED threads:

.....because all the confirmed tags have something to do with ACID JAZZ ?
post #96 of 99
Yep, ImageReady is a blast!

Anybody want some SQUARE smileys?
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
post #97 of 99
did the smilies get bigger?
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #98 of 99
15x15 to 16x16 i believe
someone should post a comparison of the old ones and the new ones...
post #99 of 99
Indeed, the older ones were 15x15. I didn't actually look at the size of the old ones when I began to make mine, I just started with a reasonable size.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › New Smilies