or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › I keep getting a runtime error
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I keep getting a runtime error

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Im forced to use a PC here at work, and as I go from screen to screen on the new site, (doesnt matter what page) I get a "runtime error on line 58. Do you wish to DeBug" warning.

It might just be on my end, Im running visual studio, so that might be the culprit. Any one else?
post #2 of 9
I'm not sure what this might be. I haven't looked at vB's JavaScript code in months (yes, we've been working on it a long time ); so, there may be something in there that IE doesn't like. I'll add this to my little to-do list.

In the mean time, you can probably just ignore those errors.
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
I'm not sure what this might be. I haven't looked at vB's JavaScript code in months (yes, we've been working on it a long time ); so, there may be something in there that IE doesn't like. I'll add this to my little to-do list.

In the mean time, you can probably just ignore those errors.

Thanks Brad, Great Looking New Site! You guys do a great job.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
I'm not sure what this might be. I haven't looked at vB's JavaScript code in months (yes, we've been working on it a long time ); so, there may be something in there that IE doesn't like. I'll add this to my little to-do list.

In the mean time, you can probably just ignore those errors.

Does this help: (line 58 - also claims an object is expected on line 59)

58:<script language="JavaScript">
59:<!--


62:// -->
63:</script>

If there isn't a script or function to run here at 59, I believe this can just be taken out. (line 58-63)
post #5 of 9
Wow, what an irritating problem.

The problem is this:

the preloadImages() function doesn't work on IE

I've loaded up your Javascript in my debugger and this is pretty clearly the problem. Please fix ASAP because this site is completely unusable (this errror exists on all pages at this site)!

I do like the changes though.

On the main page, this function is in line 66. On most pages, this function is used on line 58. In the Edit post page, this function is used on line 80.
King Felix
Reply
King Felix
Reply
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by DrCreations
Im forced to use a PC here at work, and as I go from screen to screen on the new site, (doesnt matter what page) I get a "runtime error on line 58. Do you wish to DeBug" warning.

It might just be on my end, Im running visual studio, so that might be the culprit. Any one else?

You won't see this error unless you have a debugging environment installed. I too am running Visual Studio. I get to see all the javascript errors in web pages. Sometimes it sucks to be a software developer because you get to see the errors that everyone else gets to pass over.
King Felix
Reply
King Felix
Reply
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Yevgeny
You won't see this error unless you have a debugging environment installed. I too am running Visual Studio. I get to see all the javascript errors in web pages. Sometimes it sucks to be a software developer because you get to see the errors that everyone else gets to pass over.

exactly! take care.
post #8 of 9
i'm getting this error each time I want to go to another forum:

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Link to server lost, unable to reconnect in /usr/local/www/aivbforums/docroot/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38


_

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.


We apologise for any inconvenience.




is it me, or you?
Merdeka!
Reply
Merdeka!
Reply
post #9 of 9
Internet Explorer Script Error
Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Error: Object expected
=========================


i'm getting this on IE5 Mac in OS9.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › I keep getting a runtime error