AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › DVDSP2 FCP 4 Shake 3

DVDSP2 FCP 4 Shake 3

post #1 of 42
Front page of apple.com
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #2 of 42
Quote:
Because with the inclusion of unlimited network render licenses and render management software on Mac OS X, visual effects artists can now distribute rendering tasks across multiple PowerPC G4-based Macintosh computers.

cool
post #3 of 42
xserve clusters oh yeah. but newaay. i personaly like the fact that you can do real time time warping now. kind of a pain that imovie could do it but fcp couldn't. and instead of just percentages you can key it all nice and pretty like. i love doing lots of slow downs and speed ups.
If you had game like me You would still have your girl.
If you had game like me You would still have your girl.
post #4 of 42
Damn Impressive.

Final Cut gets Cinema Tools included (previously $999.00), some pretty robust animation tools which they're calling LiveType...but if you read a little deeper you can attach any graphic to a LiveType feature (ala AfterEffects), a true VBR encoder for MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 (ala Cleaner), and what looks like a mini-Logic app called Soundtrack. Wowza.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
post #5 of 42
I can't wait! June is too far away! Nice to see the new features in all 3 apps.

I am really digging the true 24p stuff. It will be great at work since we are getting more HD work.
post #6 of 42
Any ideas what the Education upgrade will cost?
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #7 of 42
The specs say 60Gb for apps and 20Gb for livetext (or whatever it's called), 80Gb for the lot! how many DVDs is it going to need - good piracy ploy though - or do you think they meant Mb?
post #8 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Chopper3
The specs say 60Gb for apps and 20Gb for livetext (or whatever it's called), 80Gb for the lot! how many DVDs is it going to need - good piracy ploy though - or do you think they meant Mb?

Well, the box seems to be kinda large
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #9 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Chopper3

No they mean Gigabytes. Alot of that space is going to be the LiveType Font Families. And Soundtrack Audio files. That's alot of data though. 80MB would be too small so it has to be correct as Gigabytes.

Correction- FCP4 pdf shows

1GB for Application
5GB for Soundtrack files
9GB for LiveType
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #10 of 42
I'm just happy they finally sell their emagic software in the apple store now And they have the EMI 6|2 m Gold Production Kit with Logic Gold 6! While Gold 6 was just anounced (not shipping till end of april) the EMI 6|2 m Gold Production Kit on emagics site still shows Gold 5 included. Apple showing new emagic stuff before emagic?
post #11 of 42
No price cut in the UK for DVD Studio pro!

http://www.apple.com/uk/dvdstudiopro/newversion/

I hope they sort this out.
Wll I have my G5 so I am off to get a life; apart from this post...
Wll I have my G5 so I am off to get a life; apart from this post...
post #12 of 42
i see fcp4 features "rt extreme"

much extremeness everywhere, just waiting for my powermac extreme now :-)
post #13 of 42
Wow does DVD Studio Pro 2 look easy or what?! I am pumped! And the nice price tag at 500 dollars is a steal!
post #14 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Jared
Wow does DVD Studio Pro 2 look easy or what?! I am pumped! And the nice price tag at 500 dollars is a steal!

Yes indeed ..that UI looks yummy. I hope it's as easy as it looks.

FCP4 is just stunning. More RT effects. Better Audio. Excellent integration of the Prismo Tech. Soundtrack..wow I never saw that coming. It even supports ACID files which means as long as it importants them correctly you have thousands of loops to pop right in. Compressor...no need for Media Cleaner Pro.

FCP has roughtly $2500 worth of new functions in it now. It's a bonafide Steal!
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #15 of 42
I am just so hyped on this new stuff man! My boss just ordered our new seats of FCP4. Any idea when DVDSP2 will be on the Apple Store?
post #16 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by foad
I am just so hyped on this new stuff man! My boss just ordered our new seats of FCP4. Any idea when DVDSP2 will be on the Apple Store?

August.
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
post #17 of 42
DAMN!! I like all the new UI stuff to it. I guess good things come to those that wait.
post #18 of 42
The upgrade price is now more but it has tons of goodies....

One app does many things like

Editing
audio mixing
titling
compositing
AUDIO AND VIDEO COMPRESSION AT ANY CODEC!!!!!!!! <----- Can ditch Cleaner!
24fps support <----- no need to pay for separated app!

Sounds like one hell of an upgrade for an increased (but still VERY impressive) price
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
post #19 of 42
I totally agree! It is a huge upgrade! FCP4 and DVDSP2 are a solid set of apps. There is so much to these new apps that it is hard to grasp. I hope it has better image sequence support.

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis
The upgrade price is now more but it has tons of goodies....

One app does many things like

Editing
audio mixing
titling
compositing
AUDIO AND VIDEO COMPRESSION AT ANY CODEC!!!!!!!! <----- Can ditch Cleaner!
24fps support <----- no need to pay for separated app!

Sounds like one hell of an upgrade for an increased (but still VERY impressive) price
post #20 of 42
If I get a video project this summer I will upgrade my FCP for sure

Man...the RT extreme and RT audio effects alone are enough to make me jump
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
post #21 of 42
Quote:
August.

It would be cool if they have a sneak peak at the Apple Stores sooner....
post #22 of 42
I wonder if anyone bitches about the lack of OS9 support in the new FCP
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
post #23 of 42
Well I better not hear it. It is BS to still have to write code for OS 9. Adobe has said that they won't write for OS 9 anymore. I hope they stick to that. I know Apple is gonna stop. It is a waste of resources.

Sorry for those that are still stuck on OS 9.
post #24 of 42
I just like how, one week, Adobe announces PC only DVD authoring app for $549.

So the next week, Apple announces an upgrade of Mac only DVD authoring app at a price reduction from $999 to $499.

Competition is good.
"Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!"
"Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!"
post #25 of 42
um, anyone notice that shake 3 minimum requirements include a desktop area of 1280x1024?

that means it supposedly won't work on lapzilla (aka the 17" powerbook) in its current configuration.

d'oh!
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #26 of 42
The simplicity of iDVD meets the power of DVD-SP. Nice.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #27 of 42
Does it support DVD-Audio aka 192/24?
That would be cool...
still wating for yhe dvd-player app to be able to handle dvd-audio.
post #28 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by maclogic
Does it support DVD-Audio aka 192/24?
That would be cool...
still wating for yhe dvd-player app to be able to handle dvd-audio.

That's going to require some hefty licensing issues and new Drives.

I don't expect to see SACD or DVDA support for sometime.
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #29 of 42
I believe the DVD-player hardware would have to support DVD-audio first. It's not just a software thing.
post #30 of 42
Quote:
DVDSP - Just add any QuickTime file format to your project and it automatically transcodes while you work on the DVD.

THANK YOU APPLE!!! That's just what I asked for!

EDIT: OMG! NESTED SEQUENCES IN FCP4! Oh, heaven.
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #31 of 42
Quote:
I wonder if anyone bitches about the lack of OS9 support in the new FCP

As a current OS9 user, I refer you to my previous post.
Conclusion: It's time for me to get a new computer!
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #32 of 42
i've only used FCP 2...or maybe it was 3 once and i was making a DVD menu for somone...i was wondering if someone could just outline a couple main advantages that FCP has over premiere...and explain them to me cuz i've looked and i'm jw what would encourage people to buy FCP over premiere and i dont understnad some of the stuff
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #33 of 42
My brother's $34 DVD drive can play DVD-Audio discs in 5.1 sound (same drive I have). However, he has a different sound card then me, that may make the difference, I don't know.
MusicMobs: Music recommendations based on your iTunes library. Publish your playlists.
MusicMobs: Music recommendations based on your iTunes library. Publish your playlists.
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by ast3r3x
i was wondering if someone could just outline a couple main advantages that FCP has over premiere...and explain them to me cuz i've looked and i'm jw what would encourage people to buy FCP over premiere and i dont understnad some of the stuff

I've tried to use both, but Premiere has FAR fewer options to edit video. For starters, you have 3 video tracks to edit video, and AFAIK, you can only do one transition at a time. In FCP, you can have up to 99 tracks and bunches of transitions. And the #1 reason: You can stop rendering at any time and the computer saves what it worked on. That saves soooo much time!!!

There are many others, but I am horribly sick now. Maybe later.
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by adpowers
My brother's $34 DVD drive can play DVD-Audio discs in 5.1 sound (same drive I have).

DVD-Audio discs will play in any DVD player, but will not have the higher fidelity sound.

There is a 5.1 soundtrack on the disc that is the same quality as a DVD movie. It's compressed audio. There is also a true DVD-A track that only a DVD-A compatible player can play. This track has higer fidelity than a CD or a DVD movie.

This system is much like the current SACD/CD dual layer discs. When played in a CD player, the CD track plays. When played in an SACD player, the SACD track with higher fidelity plays.

Most audiophiles believe a normal CD has better sound than a DVD-A played through a DVD player because of the lack of compression.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #36 of 42
note also that halfway down the preview page for LiveType

you can scroll through quicktime demos of most of the 150 presets.

many are variations on common themes, but a few are sweet...
and if any object can replace the text, After Effects might see this as a guantlet thrown down
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #37 of 42
mmmmm pretty....
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
DVD-Audio discs will play in any DVD player, but will not have the higher fidelity sound.

True

Quote:

There is a 5.1 soundtrack on the disc that is the same quality as a DVD movie. It's compressed audio. There is also a true DVD-A track that only a DVD-A compatible player can play. This track has higer fidelity than a CD or a DVD movie.

I donĀ“t agree, the dvd-video spec says uncomporessed multichannel audio. (96/24) However DVD-A, 2 -channel - has higer sample rate therefore downsampled. But thats not my first piont. I would like to take my, at the moment, homebrewed 96/24 recordings in Logic and upsample them and make a DVD-A disc.

[/QUOTE] Most audiophiles believe a normal CD has better sound than a DVD-A played through a DVD player because of the lack of compression. [/QUOTE]

For lesser DVD-videoplayers its true, also for higer grade cdplayers. But if you buy a decent dvd +500 and have a few years old cd I would disagree.
post #39 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by ast3r3x
i've only used FCP 2...or maybe it was 3 once and i was making a DVD menu for somone...i was wondering if someone could just outline a couple main advantages that FCP has over premiere...and explain them to me cuz i've looked and i'm jw what would encourage people to buy FCP over premiere and i dont understnad some of the stuff

Color correction! Plus Final Cut Pro actually works in Jaguar.

Of course, Premiere actually has more decent real time effects, but it's very limited with audio manipulation and color correction...

I started editing on Premiere, then moved to FCP. Premiere seems so simplistic to me now...of course, I can hear all you AVID people saying "FCP's got nothing."
Dual 2Ghz G5, Single 2Ghz Xserve G5, Dual 1Ghz QS G4, Single 1.25Ghz MDD G4.
Dual 2Ghz G5, Single 2Ghz Xserve G5, Dual 1Ghz QS G4, Single 1.25Ghz MDD G4.
post #40 of 42
after moving to FCP, Premiere was like Fisher Price "my first video editing program". Actually Premeire was my first
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › DVDSP2 FCP 4 Shake 3