or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Why Does NINTENDO Rip Off APPLES Style? *Pic's*

Why Does NINTENDO Rip Off APPLES Style? *Pic's*

post #1 of 24
Why does NINTENDO always Rip off Apples Style? (Like everyone else I should say)

First they copy the G4 Cube and make a Nintendo gameCUBE. Especially the panasonic GameCube.

Then they make their new GameBoy look exactly like the Titanium PowerBook, with flip screen and ALL!

They do it pretty blatantly too.

G4 Cube

GameCube

PowerBook:

GameBoy SP

See what I mean?

But oh well, At least they are copying some of the best stuff on earth.
post #2 of 24
Feh. Quit complaining. Just because it's cubic and silver in color doesn't mean anything. And just because the new Game Boy thing is made like a laptop and silver in color doesn't mean anything.

Besides, neither of those look anything like the corresponding Apple products except for the basic shape, and the color. That GameCube looks ten times more like a Shuttle case than a G4 Cube. And the Game Boy? Well, no widescreen, no keyboard... it's a video game system not a laptop.
post #3 of 24
"Feh. Quit complaining. Just because it's cubic and silver in color doesn't mean anything. And just because the new Game Boy thing is made like a laptop and silver in color doesn't mean anything.

Besides, neither of those look anything like the corresponding Apple products except for the basic shape, and the color. That GameCube looks ten times more like a Shuttle case than a G4 Cube. And the Game Boy? Well, no widescreen, no keyboard... it's a video game system not a laptop."

Well, First off, I am NOT complaining, I think its cool, Sorry if you took my sarcasm wrong. And second, if you can't see that they are copying apple's products, you are just trying to argue for the sake of arguing. Its all to obvious. Of course, I could be wrong.

But the fact that they do kinda have a partnership with apple. And that they use Apple dev kits, it kinda suspicious.
post #4 of 24
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And everyone, not just Nintendo, copies Apple.
post #5 of 24
actually nintendo likes to use similar procs. in their hardware too.

however, i like nintendo, and they aren't exactly in the same field, so who cares if they copy it?
post #6 of 24
Quote:
so who cares if they copy it?

In a sad but honest truth, if they dont copy apple odds are their compition will and then they will have to resort to their own R&D.. And we all know Apple makes cool looking products

Hmm I don`t think any of that made sence, but you feel where I`m poking
''i'm an extremist, i have to deal with my own extreme personality and i walk the fine line of wanting to die and wanting to be the ruler of all.''
''i'm an extremist, i have to deal with my own extreme personality and i walk the fine line of wanting to die and wanting to be the ruler of all.''
post #7 of 24
Last time I checked, a Gamecube looked something like this:

You're right on about the new GBA, though. I downloaded a wallpaper off the gba site with the console in different angels and thought: "whoh, that's a tibook..."

But since the products aren't competing in any way (when'd Apple last produce a handheld? ) I don't see the harm...
"I've learned there's more to life than being really, really, really, really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking. :-x" - Zoolander
~:My scraps:~
"I've learned there's more to life than being really, really, really, really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking. :-x" - Zoolander
post #8 of 24
I don't see any harm either, I think its great, sorry if you guys thought I was attacking Nintendo for this.
post #9 of 24
I don't see how we could think that you were discontent when you used these smilies in your post...
Quote:

post #10 of 24
haha, sorry. Its just that im addicted to using funny ones, and those seemed to somewhat fit to what i was saying.
post #11 of 24
Okay sorry for going loco on you, I suppose I do see the similarity but I don't think it's THAT similar. I mean, I suppose it's some backlash because a few months ago there seemed to be posts every few days/weeks about how some other company was copying Apple... some were justified and others just seemed to be an excuse to bitch in favor of Apple. Like one of those LCD AIOs... not the Profile 4, a different one. And there was no resemblance to the iMac but people said Apple should sue 'em or something... anyway, sorry about that, didn't mean to take your sarcasm the wrong way.
post #12 of 24
No problem, no hard done.

hehe, jk on that face.
post #13 of 24
I got the Silver one!!! man I love this thing.... Pokemon here I come..
_ _____________________ _
1ghz Powerbook SuperDrive yippeeee!!!!
_ _____________________ _
1ghz Powerbook SuperDrive yippeeee!!!!
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally posted by EastSide9
Especially the panasonic GameCube.

Isn't the Panasonic Gamecube made by... Panasonic?

Anyway, Apple and Nintendo do have somewhat similar approaches to technology, so it doesn't surprise me if Nintendo's designers take cues from Apple's work.
post #15 of 24
I suppose Apple's equivalent to the horribly unreliable N64 controllers was the PowerBook 5300... man those things sucked. Great design and all, they pioneered thumbsticks + triggers for games, but they required three hands to use everything at once and I haven't found one controller that has stood the test of time and still works today. The thumbsticks always wear out so quickly.

Of course, Nintendo does make some AWESOME stuff... I have two original Gameboys, one of which I got in 1992, and both still work great. Sometimes I play Pokemon on them. Not a big fan of Pokemon in general, but the game is pretty fun. The GameCube is pretty sweet, and I can't get enough Super Smash Brothers (for the N64, I prefer it over the GameCube version) and Mario Cart 64. Although today I think I prefer the XBox over the GameCube for the simple reason that the XBox has Halo...
post #16 of 24
I bought a Gameboy Advanced SP this weekend. Awesome! I can finally play in the dark. True, I could do that with my GameGear 8 years ago, but the batteries don't go dead in 30 minutes. And it fits in my pocket.
14" iBook
700MHz G3
640MB RAM

Kecksy's Korner
14" iBook
700MHz G3
640MB RAM

Kecksy's Korner
post #17 of 24
Um, don't we have a rule about Pokemon being discussed on these boards? We should.

post #18 of 24
Nice! I can't wait to get a GameBoy SP it'll match my mini PowerBook! Shwing!
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally posted by Luca Rescigno
Although today I think I prefer the XBox over the GameCube for the simple reason that the XBox has Halo...

Ah but we have metroid

and yea the panasonic Q design had nothing to do with nintendo, it was all panasonic, they just used the nintendo game related guts and controler design.
post #20 of 24
And, hey, both Nintendo and Apple use PowerPC!

Oh, and Nintendo doesn't just have Metroid. I also has Zelda...
post #21 of 24
And doesn't have Perfect Dark Zero. Reason #13459283745 that Microsoft loves the cock. They stole my Perfect Dark by buying Rare. You just do not steal a man's Perfect Dark.
post #22 of 24
yea but they got ALOT of money for slow ass Rare who takes a decade to make a game.
post #23 of 24
Indeed, Retro Studios will do greater things than Rare, watch this space...
Abhor the Stereotype, respect the Individual.
1.33Ghz 15" Powerbook: 80GB HD, 1GB RAM, OSX.4.7, Soundsticks II, 320GB LaCie FW800 EXT HD, iPod 20GB 4G
Abhor the Stereotype, respect the Individual.
1.33Ghz 15" Powerbook: 80GB HD, 1GB RAM, OSX.4.7, Soundsticks II, 320GB LaCie FW800 EXT HD, iPod 20GB 4G
post #24 of 24
Totally, they are my new favorite developer
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Why Does NINTENDO Rip Off APPLES Style? *Pic's*