or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Dancing in the streets?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dancing in the streets?

post #1 of 275
Thread Starter 
So i hear on the BBC news this morning that the people of Bahgdad were dancing in the streets this morning, peeing on images of Saddam, trying to rip down his statue(s).

do you think this is an honest reaction?
post #2 of 275
Yep. Ding dong, the witch is dead.
meh
Reply
meh
Reply
post #3 of 275
I'm watching a bunch of Iraqis with a rope around the neck of one of the biggest statues of Saddam in Baghdad, right before the Palestine Hotel, trying to pull it down.

Well, good.

I always said that this campaign would be quick, bloodless, and popular.
post #4 of 275
Oh look, now they've put the American flag over his face.

Way to fück up a symbolic moment.
post #5 of 275
That's more like it: stars 'n' bars down, Iraqi flag up there now instead.
post #6 of 275
Bring that bitch down!
post #7 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Oh look, now they've put the American flag over his face.

Way to fück up a symbolic moment.

very stylish me thinks.
i hear that red, white, and blue is the new black.
it's all the rage.
post #8 of 275
Oh, get ON with it, marine.

I have work to do.
post #9 of 275
he

just

won't

fall

down...
post #10 of 275
Right. If this regime isn't changed in five minutes I'm turning the TV off.
post #11 of 275
He's wobbling.
post #12 of 275
FIND A TANK ALREADY.
post #13 of 275
THat marine with the US flag was a moron. You'd think they'd understand the political situation at least basically.

Our troops seem to be much better at blowing shit up than at pulling down statues. They've been working on this shit for an hour. I don't think it is even a very good statue. He looks more like Lenin than Saddam.
post #14 of 275
HOORAY!!!
post #15 of 275
They're dancing on the motherfuurgh!
post #16 of 275
Hell yeah! It's in the Bagh baby!
MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

Reply
MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

Reply
post #17 of 275
They're gonna have to work on their rock throwing skills if they are gonna play the same role in our post-modern Oil candyland as the Palestinians do.
post #18 of 275
I'm going to buy some chocolate.
post #19 of 275
Oh, er, I mean, what a SICKENING victory for US imperialism.

VIVA BUSH.

post #20 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
HOORAY!!!

The Mom
Reply
The Mom
Reply
post #21 of 275
Heh. Come on. It's Saddam. I'm allowed to be glad. He was, after all, the planet's biggest wanker.
post #22 of 275
.
post #23 of 275
BBC report:

"Coalition forces vandalize statue of former Iraqi administration President. Women, Children, and Journalists hardest hit."
post #24 of 275
Wow, the official Hassan i Sabbah thread. Post a few more, why don't you?

post #25 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by alcimedes
So i hear on the BBC news this morning that the people of Bahgdad were dancing in the streets this morning, peeing on images of Saddam, trying to rip down his statue(s).

do you think this is an honest reaction?


No. This is a plot of the US government, CIA, Zionists and Halliburton to make it appear as if the Iraqis are happy to be rid of a brutal dictator that rapes, tortures, murders, jails children ... (not enough room on forum to list them all).

This is all street theater at the point of the US guns.
post #26 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by ena
BBC report:

"Coalition forces vandalize statue of former Iraqi administration President. Women, Children, and Journalists hardest hit."



That's SO true. That's why it's funny.
post #27 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by pscates
Wow, the official Hassan i Sabbah thread. Post a few more, why don't you?


Until I have a forum of my own this thread will have to do.
post #28 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
No. This is a plot of the US government, CIA, Zionists and Halliburton to make it appear as if the Iraqis are happy to be rid of a brutal dictator that rapes, tortures, murders, jails children ... (not enough room on forum to list them all).

This is all street theater at the point of the US guns.

Hop it, Scott. This is MY thread.
post #29 of 275
Quote:
.

Too slow. The Colander is quicker than the eye.

Israeli settlements in Baghdad? Hmmm, don't give Sharon any ideas.

Let's just hope that the UN sanctions Iraq as a baseball nation rather than a cricket playing nation.
post #30 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Hop it, Scott. This is MY thread.

And now a message from our sponsors.

This freedom is brought to you by US Marine, US Army, US Navy, US Air Force and British Special Forces. Underwritten by US and British tax payers.
post #31 of 275
This makes me puke. The symbolics of this event are just crying to be abused. 50 hothead dissidents tear down a dumb statue. Yay! Iraq really loves the US! I hope the media die and rot in hell.
post #32 of 275
...if the media aren't already rotting, then why does their coverage stink?
post #33 of 275
Oh yeah. Down with the steel. What, you say? Thousands of people killed over the past two weeks? Don't you see we've GOT THIS HERE STATUE ON THE GROUND? I guess now you all know what you've been fighting for. Why didn't just send one of them stupid intelligent bombs on the statue if it was that big a deal?
post #34 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by der Kopf
This makes me puke. The symbolics of this event are just crying to be abused. 50 hothead dissidents tear down a dumb statue. Yay! Iraq really loves the US! I hope the media die and rot in hell.

You're just green.
post #35 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
And now a message from our sponsors.

This freedom is brought to you by US Marine, US Army, US Navy, US Air Force and British Special Forces. Underwritten by US and British tax payers.

Quite. We all deserve a big pat on the back.
post #36 of 275
I can't wait for the slo-mo repeat from the right angle camera. Ought to be a real kicker.
post #37 of 275
Now get out of my thread. I won't tell you twice.
post #38 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Quite. We all deserve a big pat on the back.

Or, as one of Phil Hendrie's persona's put it, a baguette in your yabadabadoo.
post #39 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath
Too slow. The Colander is quicker than the eye.

Israeli settlements in Baghdad? Hmmm, don't give Sharon any ideas.

Let's just hope that the UN sanctions Iraq as a baseball nation rather than a cricket playing nation.

Ooops.
post #40 of 275
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
You're just green.

Try purple.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Dancing in the streets?