or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › iPods!!!!:)

iPods!!!!:)

post #1 of 29
I don't know about anyone else but I feel the iPods as they are right now are the perfect MP3 player. It does what it is supposed to do wonderfully. A lot of people talk about video capabilities and what not but I think it is fine as is. Keep bringing the prices down and adding more features through software. Bigger hard drives but does anyone else feel the same as me.
I love the miniBook!!! Oh yeah!!!
I love the miniBook!!! Oh yeah!!!
post #2 of 29
Yes they rock, but just wait a week.......
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
post #3 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself
Yes they rock, but just wait a week.......

I would agree: They totaly rock, but wiat untill this event on the 28'th and then u'll really have something to talk about.
post #4 of 29
I hope they add extra games on the new iPod. Hmmm. Maybe MacMan or MacSlot!
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by monkeyastronaut
I hope they add extra games on the new iPod. Hmmm. Maybe MacMan or MacSlot!

Maybe Doom or Quake? Now that would rock!!!
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Mac OS X Addict
Maybe Doom or Quake? Now that would rock!!!

And Warcraft and The Sims. I'll buy two!
post #7 of 29
Heck, if we are going whole hog why not gimmie Half Life 2?
post #8 of 29
I'm sure all the PeeCee people would go crazy if they wcould play counterstrike on an iPod
post #9 of 29
How about Loderunner?

-Dual867
post #10 of 29
load runner is a good one...
what else?
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
what else?

Shufflepuck... Blackjack?
post #12 of 29
Shufflepuck Café !!!
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
what else?

I remember playing Loderunner on my Macintosh Plus like 12 years ago. That was a fun game to play when it was in black and white. Ohhh the memories.
post #14 of 29
You can still play them. I downloaded Shufflepuck Cafe and Lode Runner (both B&W) and run them on OSX. Coolest vintage games.

I also have Iago which is like Othello or Reversi. I downloaded Social Climber (that was a great game) but ran too fast and was unplayable.
post #15 of 29
here i was going to move this to Digital Hub, then noticed it had nothing else to do with iPods anymore.
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by monkeyastronaut
You can still play them. I downloaded Shufflepuck Cafe and Lode Runner (both B&W) and run them on OSX.

where?
post #17 of 29
DOOM.
Arkanoid (Pop-Pop?)
Ms. Pac-Man
Galaga
RISK
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
where?

http://www.macfreegames.com/Lespages...retblanc7.html
http://jupiterii.tripod.com/chichi.html
http://www.euronet.nl/users/mvdk/variousgames.html

There are plenty of pages with old mac games. I found these with Google.
post #19 of 29
thanks!

(Yeah, I was googlazy....)
post #20 of 29
screw your sims and half life 2, alls i want is an iPod that can play a mean game of Stuntcopter.
"The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sage thicket. "Vamanos, amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintcraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock....
"The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sage thicket. "Vamanos, amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintcraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock....
post #21 of 29
people, people, people...

the real reason Breakout is the only game on the iPod is:
Intellectual Property of Steve Jobs (when at Atari in '76)

Steve's baby. not going to provide a 3rd party game before his.
Now that the rights licence has been set with all-Steve IP, it will be possible for other games to get ported to the iPod.

if it's a colour screen iPod, you can bet the first colour game will be... Super Breakout (also owned by SJ)

Tetris licensing for handheld devices is mostly 'owned' by Nintendo (just saw a TV show - GameHeadz - on the history)

now if we're considering "games that work well with scroll wheel"
how about Tempest? or Maelstrom?
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #22 of 29
The only thing that would make me buy a new iPod (that I can think of) is if they added a radio to the thing.
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by doyal
The only thing that would make me buy a new iPod (that I can think of) is if they added a radio to the thing.

A radio would definitely bee nice, and honestly can't be that hard to implement.

Oh, and a built in GPS would have me sold
Former WWDC Watchdog.
Former WWDC Watchdog.
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by NETROMac
A radio would definitely bee nice, and honestly can't be that hard to implement.

Oh, and a built in GPS would have me sold

also, if it could toast bagels, yeah, that'd be greeeat
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by gsfmark
also, if it could toast bagels, yeah, that'd be greeeat

LOL
Former WWDC Watchdog.
Former WWDC Watchdog.
post #26 of 29
I want a vibrate feature like a cell phone so I can have reminders.
I want to be able to set mp3s as my 'reminder tones'.
I want the AM/FM tuner (duh)
I want twice the battery life.
I want a minimum 20 gig storage space.
I want color displays.
I want 10 new games playable on iPod.
I want all of this for 1/4 the current cheapest price.

(there... that about does it... )
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
Shufflepuck Café !!!

I would like Choplifter. It'll remind me the time when I used to play on a nice Apple ][ e with dual drive and a weird joystik (the one with the 2 orange buttons on the upper left corner)...
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by yogixfromparis
(the one with the 2 orange buttons on the upper left corner)...

And the red shaft that was fat in the middle and a rounded point at the top?
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally posted by curiousuburb

Now that the rights licence has been set with all-Steve IP, it will be possible for other games to get ported to the iPod.

Would you care to elaborate? I hadn't heard that the iPod was now open to third party games.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › iPods!!!!:)