or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iTunes Music Store

iTunes Music Store - Page 5

post #161 of 163
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
Apple should offer a few radio channels that just stream AAC audio. A random rotation of songs, perhaps one channel per genre. A good way to push the AAC codec.

Good idea, not to mention that AAC and the Mpeg 4 codec is supposed to be all about internet broadcasting/streaming.
post #162 of 163
Quote:
Originally posted by rok
i think some folks are forgetting that this isn't meant to REPLACE retail CD's. it's more of a complement to, with super-high potential. no way the record labels were going to put out super-high quality rips and let them get out into the mainstream on an untested model. but once they start seeing the money they are raking in for very little effort, well, i believe you'll start seeing an increase in quality and additional features. plus, sometimes, i really love a well-designed cd case and booklet art as much as the music it encases. maybe i'm just odd that way...

As a supplement to store-bought CDs I certainly hope that more exclusives/b-sides/alternate takes/remixes become available. This is still exclusively what I pirate, simply because I can't buy it legally. If I could click on the iTunes Music Store and find the Bigod 20 version of Photographic, I would definitely buy it. If all I can find is top hits then I'm not really interested.
post #163 of 163
How long do you/we think it will be until Apple automatically adds links into our libraries for the songs of a particular artist that we don't already own?

I'm thinking about how I own a bunch of Neil Young, but what am I missing? I can see Apple adding bold, red songs under Neil Young in my library that link to purchases of songs I don't have.

I'm not saying I like the idea, but I think I could see it happening.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iTunes Music Store