or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Anyone want to share their iTunes Libraries?

Anyone want to share their iTunes Libraries?

post #1 of 366
You can listen to mine at: 136.167.184.46
[Go to advanced > connect to shared music]

Anyone else want to share?

[i've been turning my shared libraries off at night because for some reason when im sharing the screen dosn't go black (engergy saver, but i need it black to go to sleep at night) so i wll turn off sharing before I go to bed and turn it back on when i wake up, so it will be off from about 1AM-11AM]
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
post #2 of 366
You gave Stevie Ray Vaughn's Voodoo Chile one star?

Get out of my forum.

post #3 of 366
man i dumped that star shit....i mean if it's one-star what the hell do i want it for?
post #4 of 366
I gave up on star raiting for the most part. I tried to come up with a system, but never got around to really doing it right, besides my music tastes are always changing. Most of my 1 star stuff is like odds and ends random mp3s like skits, stupid songs etc. I dont know why that other one had a one star rating.
post #5 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by Dogcow
I gave up on star raiting for the most part. I tried to come up with a system, but never got around to really doing it right, besides my music tastes are always changing. Most of my 1 star stuff is like odds and ends random mp3s like skits, stupid songs etc. I dont know why that other one had a one star rating.

hey man I am listening to your music... How do I add my music?

Fellowship
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34

post #6 of 366
turn on sharing the iTunes prefs. then post your IP (found in the sharing system pref pane.)
post #7 of 366
Quote:
turn on sharing the iTunes prefs. then post your IP (found in the sharing system pref pane.)

Really Cool I am learning new things all the time. I like the idea of this thread it is really cool!

Fellows

post #8 of 366
Quote:

No luck finding my IP can you walk me step by step?

Fellows

post #9 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook
No luck finding my IP can you walk me step by step?

Fellows

Open System Preferences
Click "Sharing" (Under Internet & Network)
Look for "Network Address:" below where it says the name of your computer. it is in the format of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
This is your IP.
[note: you can click on the text next to "Network Address" to display other information about your computer's address. Just click until the IP comes up in that format.]
post #10 of 366
Damnit I want the Ducktales theme now.

I'd share my library, but I'm behind a firewall \
post #11 of 366
Quote:
Open System Preferences
Click "Sharing" (Under Internet & Network)
Look for "Network Address:" below where it says the name of your computer. it is in the format of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
This is your IP.
[note: you can click on the text next to "Network Address" to display other information about your computer's address. Just click until the IP comes up in that format.]

The number I have there is nothing like that format and I am using an air port I guess I may be unable to do this

What do you think?

Fellows

post #12 of 366
cool idea - till our IPs change anyways.

post #13 of 366
Lucky Bastards......grumble...stuck in PC land. This suxors
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #14 of 366
Quote:
[long explanation...]

Or just go to www.whatismyip.com

post #15 of 366
Try 24.244.64.109.

post #16 of 366
WOW.
post #17 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by murbot
Try 24.244.64.109.

It took you long enough to figure that one out, old man. Eh?
post #18 of 366
HEY FELLOWSHIP

You can't connect because of your iBook.

Yeah I read on some forum about faulty.........

*WINK WINK*

post #19 of 366
SILENCE.

post #20 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce
HEY FELLOWSHIP

You can't connect because of your iBook.

Yeah I read on some forum about faulty.........

*WINK WINK*

Funny man you are Shawn har har

Fellows 8)

post #21 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook
Funny man you are Shawn har har

Fellows 8)

Come on...
post #22 of 366
What's the port? So I can configure my firewall...

I've got a few thousand to share...

I'm forwarding port 3689, though I think that is for Rendezvous specifically.

post #23 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by frawgz
Damnit I want the Ducktales theme now.

I'd share my library, but I'm behind a firewall \

Yes, yes, down with the walls! Our paranoid sysadmins won't even let me through to FTP and SMTP, not to mention anything else. Damn! I'm going maaaaaad!!!
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. Putts Law
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. Putts Law
post #24 of 366
Murbot, when I finally have a real internet conncetion (and not some ghetto hookup in the uni comp lab), I will be connecting to your music library often! Good stuff!
"Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!"
"Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!"
post #25 of 366
i'll post mine when i get home, its gonna be interesting to see the different types of music people have

mine is extremely diverse from all family members

rap-->pop

oldies--> hippy music

classical -->odd shit
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #26 of 366
This is SOOOO cool!

Sadly enough, I think virtually noone here has the bandwidth to cope with this: 128kbit upstream or more, PER USER, not counting the upstream that you have whily browsing and stuff...

I mean, I have only 128 kbit upstream with plenty of downstream.

Still, this is amazing stuff.
post #27 of 366
Uh, all except for murbot. Instant access, instant gratification when pushing play. Them Canucks know their way around the ole keyboard!
post #28 of 366
Heh, I left it running at home for you guys. Can't you just feel the love?

post #29 of 366
I am just perplexed. I'm listening to a song served up to me by that lovely iMac on that gray desk I've seen so often with all those different comps. 10.000 miles from here, a mac is dedicating some processor cycles to ME!

I cannot believe this. I CAN'T!
post #30 of 366
i will look for my IP address when i get home tonight...i am using airport...anyway around that??

will have to update my iTunes...some good stuff there, but also lots of the kids stuff....i have about 500 plus cds that i could start downloading though....and all the albums that i want to download from my college days that i didn't sell...a few hundred there....g
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #31 of 366
I'd really like to be able to drag 'n drop too though. Drag some of murbot's tunes right to my desktop. Now wouldn't thát be schweet! Audiohijack in the meantime. I wonder how long before some nifty hack for this turns up.
post #32 of 366
AUdiohijack? Does it keep the format? Like if I listen to 128kb/s mp3 streamed music it stores it as 128 kb/s mp3?
post #33 of 366
Here's me: 24.125.32.89. Over 7 days' worth of 192 Kbps mp3s.

I've discovered that I can't share the AAC tracks I bought yesterday. I didn't think that would be the case...
mlnjr@comcast.net
iChat: mlnortonjr@mac.com
mlnjr@comcast.net
iChat: mlnortonjr@mac.com
post #34 of 366
Quote:
Heh, I left it running at home for you guys. Can't you just feel the love?

i don't know about anyone else, but all i get is a direct feed to PBSKids.com when i link to murbot's computer...i have been drawing dragons all day long....g
post #35 of 366
When you buy MP3's and AAC, what's the bit rate at which they are supplied? I would guess at least 320 for each, NO?

PS, I thought that AAC went up to 448, but mebbe not.

Burning CD's from these tracks isn't going to provide the greatest sound I'm afraid.
IBL!
IBL!
post #36 of 366

Feel The Love.
post #37 of 366
Quote:
Originally posted by thegelding
i will look for my IP address when i get home tonight...i am using airport...anyway around that??

will have to update my iTunes...some good stuff there, but also lots of the kids stuff....i have about 500 plus cds that i could start downloading though....and all the albums that i want to download from my college days that i didn't sell...a few hundred there....g

It's a little complicated because you need to set up port mapping. Are you using a real ABS or a software ABS? If you have a software one, I have NO idea how to do it. If you have a hardware one, it's a little easier.

Go to the Airport Admin Util and go over to port mapping.

In that pane, enter an ip address above 10.0.1.50 (I think) and below 10.0.1.255. I usually use x.x.x.201.

Then tell it the port number you want opened on for the public and what port you want that mapped to on your computer. I'm not sure what the rendezvous port is. It might be 3689.

Once you've done that, hit apply and then go to your system preferences.

In the system preferences, go over to the network pane and choose airport. And tell it to manually get an ip address. In the fields below, enter the same IP address you opened the port on. Enter your ABS's local ip (usually 10.0.1.1) for the router and 255.255.255.0 for the subnet. (Actually, check to see what values are in the router and subnet before you change it to manually getting an IP address because they'll be the same.)

That's it. It's not easy and I don't guarantee that it'll work for any number of reasons. But give it a try.
post #38 of 366
23 GBs of all kinds of music:

Cheers,
Dan
15" Powerbook G4 -- 1ghz-512MB-60GB-Superdrive-Airport
15" Powerbook G4 -- 1ghz-512MB-60GB-Superdrive-Airport
post #39 of 366
Speaking of streaming, anyone know how to know what files are being streamed? Lsof only tells me who is connected...
post #40 of 366
holy crap murbot, what kind of freaking connection do you have? It's bloody faster the Music Store.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Anyone want to share their iTunes Libraries?