or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPhone

iPhone - Page 3

post #81 of 113
well I signed up online and now the web is working all be it extremely slow even with pics and animation disabled..I guess opera should help no? but I have no way of installing it now...

Now I am trying to get access to my email accounts (.mac, roadrunner, hotmail)

Well I guess there is no way for hotmail.. for .mac I went to the webpage on it but it won't let me sign in Anyone else able to access their .mac accounts? Well now I am off to try to see if I can get the roadrunner account working since that is a pop account...

I saw the new ericssons at the store (the p600 line?) there pretty cute...and probably have much of the functionality of the p800 but with a smaller screen...
post #82 of 113
.Mac works lovely both as in the email client and webmail (the latter only with Opera). You can download the Opera app OTA too ... go to the Sony Ericsson site.

One gotcha for the email client is that you need a "wireless web" account with your network, not a WAP client that sticks everything through a gateway and screws up ports ... pm me if you get trouble making it work. Took me a few minutes. You are GPRS right?

Opera really is amazing btw. It formats stuff for the sreen in a "see it to believe it" way.

Enjoy!
meh
meh
post #83 of 113
ok downloaded opera directly to my phone and it's working...yes I like it better than the built in version and .mac works on it now haven't gone to hotmail.com yet but assume it should be fine..

The only thing I can't figure out on opera is how to get it to display fullscreen and how to make it so if i click the internet button on the side of the phone it goes to opera instead of the built in browser but maybe the manual has that info... with the built in browser you just click the internet button twice on the side of the phone and it displays fullscreen... with my email.. i seem to be getting the subject but not the context but I'll figure it out tomorrow..

now I wonder if someone makes a device that is just wifi thingy with bluetooth that you can stick in your pocket... then i could have the p800 connect to the thingy via bluetooth... in not someone should make it...

Also if my iPod had bluetooth or wifi I would have one killer drive with me my phone...not sure why apple hasn't added this as an option atleast...
post #84 of 113
producer -- i think this is an essential app for the p800

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=56225
Trying hard to think of a new signature...
post #85 of 113
thanks othelo... I wonder why there is no vindigo for the p800?

tried my camera today... my pics don't seem near the quality of what I have seen from others taken from the p800.. i hope mine is ok... maybe my operating system is old...

here is a cool p800 site
http://sep800.mine.nu/
post #86 of 113
This thread says that Jobs and other CEOs are convening for a tech conference this week.

Most interesting is the statement toward the end, that says Handspring would be showing off the sucessor to the Treo.

I was wondering what was up with them. It seemed like they just fell off the radar for awhile. I was beginning to think they weren't going to be a player much longer.

So now the question remains: How close have they come to the iPhone we all want?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #87 of 113
What's funny is the rumor was Jobs offered Palm a billion a few years back and they said no.. he also was rumored to offer to buy handspring... now he can buy them both and still have enough money left for another jet
post #88 of 113
Think Secret has pulled all three of its iSync stories "at the request of Apple Legal." I guess this makes it even more likely that we will soon see iSync 1.1.

Escher
"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.
post #89 of 113
Now if only Apple would make them pull all the stories about the 970
post #90 of 113
Quote:
Originally posted by Producer
Now if only Apple would make them pull all the stories about the 970

I guess that's why Nick has barely posted anything about the 970.

Seriously, I admire Nick's (and his readers') patience in checking info with multiple sources before posting to increase accuracy. All other rumor outlets post whatever hits their in-box. But it's still a shame that the most consistent rumor site has virtually no 970 info to publish.

Escher
post #91 of 113
PowerPage reports Steve won't bring out a mobile.

This is odd news if true as it's contradicts my hypothetical thoughts, and I am psychic.
meh
meh
post #92 of 113
Quote:
Originally posted by Harald

This is odd news if true as it's contradicts my hypothetical thoughts, and I am psychic.

I'm not sure I buy it - what's the source? Has PowerPage been accurate before?
James Savage - "You can take my Mac when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

http://www.blackcat-software.com/

post #93 of 113
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackcat
I'm not sure I buy it - what's the source? Has PowerPage been accurate before?

Apparantly the source is some bloke called Steve, says he works for Apple.

Me no comprende.
meh
meh
post #94 of 113
Quote:
Apparantly the source is some bloke called Steve, says he works for Apple.

Me no comprende.

No, not THAT source.

I heard Steve Jobs said there will be no new PowerMac.

Does that make it fact?

post #95 of 113
Quote:
No, not THAT source.

I heard Steve Jobs said there will be no new PowerMac.

Does that make it fact?

No ... and my source disagrees with PowerPage.
meh
meh
post #96 of 113
Quote:
No ... and my source disagrees with PowerPage.

w00t I say.
w00t.

post #97 of 113
Quote:
w00t I say.
w00t.

I don't know. PowerPage are old and reputable ...
meh
meh
post #98 of 113
Quote:
I don't know. PowerPage are old and reputable ...

It's been a long long time since they got one right.

post #99 of 113
Quote:

The article on O'Grady's sounds like a reliable eye/ear-witness account. I have no reason to doubt it. I was getting my hopes up too, Harald. How recentrly have you talked to your source? How does (s)he reconcile what you've relayed with Steve Jobs' "denial"?

I think if the T610 hits the US streets, presumably with T-Mobile, in the next month, I'll probably go with that. I just wish Apple would ship iSync 1.1 with USB-sync and Motorola would get out the T725 (tri-band version of the T720, which is only dual-band) now. I still like the flip-phone form factor. And where's the SE Z1010?

Escher
post #100 of 113
well with every day with my p800 I care less and less about the iPhone I didn't buy from them but there was a post on the howard forums that you can get the p800 for $350 in some places in brooklyn...that is quite a deal for a something as joyfull as this Seems like alot things tend to fall of the trucks in brooklyn eh
post #101 of 113
Well Stevie's comments poured cold water on a few Macheads today, including me.

I understand why entering the segment is risky, but Jobs clearly must not have a cellphone himself. Modern cellphones have a UI that is almost universally crappy, and Apple could have added much to the space, even if it was to show everyone else how to do it.

I didn't hear anything about Handspring's showing the Treo's successor, which was also to happen at the conference. Oh well.

My biggest question for the cell phone makers is why no-one is yet making a phone with the Fastap Keyboard (plenty of licensees, no shipping products.)

I still want a combination Phone, Palm and Camera and iPod, that syncs with Address Book, iCal, iPhoto and iTunes. Oh, and a voice recorder that can sync with ViaVoice.

Then again, maybe I'm just weird.
post #102 of 113
Anyone in England care to check this out: Looky!
"Michael Dell is the greatest spare-parts distributor out there" Scott McNealy, CEO Sun
"Michael Dell is the greatest spare-parts distributor out there" Scott McNealy, CEO Sun
post #103 of 113
i'll see if i can find one in a newsagent here...
post #104 of 113
Quote:
Originally posted by Thai Moof

Anyone want to combine this rumor with this one ? I´m a bit lazy right now.
post #105 of 113
Quote:

This can't be true.

It sounds too much like the truth.

And there's no google for a magazine called iCreate that I can see.
meh
meh
post #106 of 113
Quote:

Definitely sounds like a hoax to me, and MacInTouch was gullible enough to give this thing coverage. iPhone.org has been leading to Apple's website for ages (at least a year, if not 2 or 3). And I doubt that they would take a risk with an unknown publication for a well-timed ad, like they did with Time Magazine for the FP iMac G4 (and we all know how that turned out). But who the hell knows? I'm waiting to see a scan of the "iCreate" cover, editorial, and the iPhone ad.

Escher
post #107 of 113
Quote:
This can't be true.

It sounds too much like the truth.

And there's no google for a magazine called iCreate that I can see.

It seems that the iPhone advertisement in iCreate Magazine was a mockup, with an explicit disclaimer by the editors at the bottom of the page. It's basically a white Sony Ericsson T610 with an iPod like whel instead of the joystick. You can see pictures in this thread on the MacRumors boards.

I'm still completely torn on my mobile phone purchase. I don't really need one, so I've been waiting and waiting. Right now I like the Motorola T720: it's a pretty flip-phone (my preferred form-factor), works with iSync (via USB), and is available now. But a Sony Ericsson Bluetooth phone would be nice too. If only the T610, or better the Z1010, would hit the street yesterday!

Escher
post #108 of 113
I like and trust Harald.
post #109 of 113
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
I like and trust Harald.

ditto...
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #110 of 113
Quote:
Originally posted by New
ditto...

double ditto... or should that be triple?

Harald, we like you. Get in touch with your source(s). It seems you were right on with an announcement in early June (iSync 1.1). I really wonder what the end of June/early July announcement will be (in the mobile arena, not desktops or laptops).

Escher
post #111 of 113
Quote:
Originally posted by Escher
double ditto... or should that be triple?

Harald, we like you. Get in touch with your source(s). It seems you were right on with an announcement in early June (iSync 1.1). I really wonder what the end of June/early July announcement will be (in the mobile arena, not desktops or laptops).

Escher

And not a PDA, phone or tablet...

Of course maybe Apple doesn't see an 8" screened device as a PDA or Tablet. Marketing is a wonderful thing.

post #112 of 113
What you know Apple have done (with their partners) and what comes out are often different things.

Ask Fran.

What we KNOW is coming (Apple have said this) is a fully functional iSync. I would cough guess July 3.

What we can strongly guess at is OTA sync via .Mac (I've seen evidence of this) and I would guess it'll be rolled out with Panther to make you buy it; if Apple have any sense they'll public beta it. This is absolutely in line with the "new" Apple's strategereryery. Ery.

What Apple could release at any time (and Steve has said they won't) is a phone that is based on an excellent 3rd party design given the Ives once over and with like toadally ossom intgretation with .Mac, your Mac and stuff like Sherlock channels.

It would take a perverse reading of The Sayings of Chairman Steve to say such a thing is coming. But the minor detail of doing the work to make it possible ... well, there's no reason that Apple could not have done it.
meh
meh
post #113 of 113
I think not releasing a handheld communication device is madness when the long dead Newton is still so desired by Mac users.

A Newton 2 with OS X, mini phone camera and Airport would be a wonderful gadget to iChat on at starbucks, or just note-take in meetings then iSync back to your main system.

At 3% market share why ignore a pent-up demand?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPhone