or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › When will we see a 15" Albook?

When will we see a 15" Albook? - Page 9

post #321 of 329
Heh. I had to draw a little timeline thing to sort the Macbidouille report out.

Sept. - Powermac G5 ships ("But Screed, Steve said August..." "Grow up.")
Dec. - POWER5 ships
*July through Dec. - 970 @ 0.13-micron
-----2004-----
Jan. - MWSF - Powerbook G5!!! (with 0.13-micron 970)
Spring/Summer '04 - 980 starts to roll out & 970 goes 0.09-micron
*Implying Powerbooks revved for the 0.09-micron 970s and the Powermacs with 980s @ a normally scheduled WWDC.
*Would the 980 = G6??

Screed ...well, it was clearer on paper....
MWSF '07: Steve Jobs hates my wallet and my mobile carrier.
MWSF '07: Steve Jobs hates my wallet and my mobile carrier.
post #322 of 329
post #323 of 329
Quote:
Originally posted by AirSluf
I wouldn't believe a thing MickeyB says anymore. They were quite wrong on all the G5 they have posted so far, including the completely bogus benchmarks and "May in-production" status. They have proven themselves as rumor fabricators, not purveyors of inside information.

\

Well, it may not be true but it'd sure be nice if it were.
post #324 of 329
I posted earlier that while I certainly hoped for a G5 PB at WWDC I didn't think it would happen. After brooding over the information that has been out for the last week I am now of the opinion we won't see a G5 PB till spring of 2004 at the earliest.

This is not altogether bad. I feel a sense of peace with this. I can now buy the next 15" PB without a feeling of angst.

I predict that once we see the next 15" PB (hopefully within the next couple of weeks) it will give us a better sense of where Apple is headed and still some of the fevered speculation.
Unofficial AppleScript Studio Lobbyist
post #325 of 329
Please happen soon...it bloody great weather outside but I'm stuck on my iMac inside the home!
I need that 15" yesterday, so I can sit outside on my deck and write that blockbuster screenplay (yeah right)!
post #326 of 329
Quote:
Originally posted by satchmo
Please happen soon...it bloody great weather outside but I'm stuck on my iMac inside the home!
I need that 15" yesterday, so I can sit outside on my deck and write that blockbuster screenplay (yeah right)!

Amen. When the 15" Al PB comes out we've already decided to get an extreme base station along with it so we can sit outside under the citrus trees and enjoy the weather while we "work". 8)
post #327 of 329
Don't know if it means anything, but the 15" PB w/ Superdrive is righ now 7-10 shipping. All the other PowerBooks are Same day, or 1-2 days.......
-JD
-- "If Apple wasn't so greedy, they would build G6's and give them away!"
-JD
-- "If Apple wasn't so greedy, they would build G6's and give them away!"
post #328 of 329
Would Apple possibly simply add a 15"Al PB and still keep at least one model of the Ti PB as they did with the G5/G4 towers? This way they still have an OS 9 bootable PB without forcing this feature on the new 15" Al PB.

I kind of doubt they would lower the price much because of the cost of manufacturing.

Note that Apple also kept the gum drop iMac long after the half-dome iMac came out.

Maybe they would keep the 867 MHz Ti Book and replace the faster 1GHz Ti Book with a 1.xGHz Al PB? This gives them some differentiation and a reason for a price difference while still supporting OS 9. After all, the 867 MHz Ti Book should be plenty fast for running OS 9.
post #329 of 329
I doubt it. Some graphics pros (including my company) are having difficulty with the switch to OS X, hence the need for some remaining OS 9 bootable towers. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure Apple is DONE with support for OS 9.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › When will we see a 15" Albook?