or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Should criticisms of Evolutionary Theory be mandated in science classrooms?

Should criticisms of Evolutionary Theory be mandated in science classrooms? - Page 14

post #521 of 525
Quote:
Originally posted by billybobsky
huzzah!

Let us all now dance for the demise of this thread....

My surprise is just how long this thread has lasted. I don't see all that many people out there, other than on this thread, losing sleep over evolutionary theory. Evolution over the eons is not incompatible with the guiding hand of God. It may be incompatible with a single, narrow reading of the Bible, but all of you should keep in mind that not all Christians, not even most Christians, read the Bible this way.

Now that this is done, can't we just all be friends and go back to posting about Iraq and George W. Bush?
tribalfusion?
tribalfusion?
post #522 of 525
Quote:
Originally posted by ena

Evolution simply doesn't have legs...

No argument against evolution in this thread has legs. The topic, mandated criticism, is looking like a joke. Any possible criticism I've seen in this thread would either have to be taught in church, or in an upper level science course. There is no obvious gap in the evolutionary chain. Not one worthy of bringing up in a high school course.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #523 of 525
You and me of the ten thousand wars
Dividing life into fractions of pleasure and chores
A bed to be made and a bed to lie in
A hand in the darker side
And our sights set on Zion

The heart of a skeptic and the mind of a child
Put my life in a box and let my imagination run wild
Pour the cement for my feet
The heart and the mind on a parallel course
Never the two shall_ meet

And oh the dissatisfied with the saitsfied
Everybody loves a melodrama and the scandal of a lie
Still you held your arms open
For the prodigal daughter
I see my eyes in your eyes through my eyes
Still waters

Try making one and one make one
Twist the shapes until everything comes undone
Watch the wizard behind the curtain
The larger than life
And the power of seeming certain

The evil ego and the vice of pride
Is there ever anything else that makes us take our different sides
I wanted everything to feed me
About as full as I got was oif myself
And the upper echelons of mediocrity

After the battles and we're still around
Everything once up in the air has settled down
Sweep the ashes, let the silence find us
A moment of peace is worth every war behind us
You and me of the ten thousand wars

....it might be that last Black Butte Porter, but I think a moment of peace is worth every war behind us......at least on this thread.
post #524 of 525
Geez, i was not there for two days, and when i come back i discover 300 more posts.

This thread is sure a winner ...
post #525 of 525
Quote:
Originally posted by bunge
No argument against evolution in this thread has legs. The topic, mandated criticism, is looking like a joke. Any possible criticism I've seen in this thread would either have to be taught in church, or in an upper level science course. There is no obvious gap in the evolutionary chain. Not one worthy of bringing up in a high school course.

Hey! I just taught a pretty mean critique of Darwin (contextualized, of course, in a discussion of Plato's _Republic_)! Of course, this was an honors course at the university level.....
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Should criticisms of Evolutionary Theory be mandated in science classrooms?