Originally posted by G-News
All the stuff you note that XP does, has been there BEFORE XP, in form of third party software (and not developed by MS)...
The exact same things can be said about OS X as well.
For your amusement, a Slashdotter said it the best.
Lifted from http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl...d=109&tid=187:
Here is a summary of the responses this story will no doubt get when more people start commenting, for the benefit of those lacking time to read them all:
* Apple copies Microsoft
* Microsoft copies Apple
* Everyone copies the hell out of everyone else
* All of these features were in BSD/Linux/AIX/VMS/SysV since 1995/1990/1985/1930
* F--k you all, Apple rulez
* I know I'm going to get modded down for saying this, but Microsoft has innovated
* Give one example where Microsoft has innovated
* An example of Microsoft innovation
* Five examples of Apple's innovation
* Somebody screaming that all of these features were copied from an obscure OS from thirty years ago
* I use Multics! I love it, and you should too!
* F--k Linux
* F--k Microsoft
* Shaddap all of you, copying is part of innovation
* Imagine a Beowulf cluster of iMacs!
* The latest Microsoft PCs are copies of iMacs
* Here's a reg-free link to the article
* Steve Jobs hasn't had an original idea since 1990
* Bill Gates hasn't had an original idea since 1970
* ...plus the standard trolls