or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › 1, 2, 3, 4 .... Last page

1, 2, 3, 4 .... Last page

post #1 of 11
How about showing the first three pages and then the last three pages?

1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13.

Like that. Sometimes within a few hours a long thread can get more than 40 new posts and it's a pain to click on last thread and then have to go back.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #2 of 11
while i agree that there should be a way to see the last couple of pages in the thread... if you want to go to the first new post just click on the down arrow next to the yellow folder...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
while i agree that there should be a way to see the last couple of pages in the thread... if you want to go to the first new post just click on the down arrow next to the yellow folder...

What an excellent tool: I had no idea what that icon meant or was even used for! I think this may well become a "high click" area...
Ceci n'est pas une pomme. Magritte
Ceci n'est pas une pomme. Magritte
post #4 of 11
Quote:

That only works for new posts since your last visit to the SITE. Say I come to the site 10 different times in a day. I don't read all the new posts of all the threads I'm interested in each time, but that little down arrow goes away regardless because my last visit was after the last post was made. Does that make any sense at all? It's only a good way to get there if it's your first visit back. Otherwise, it's not accurate.
post #5 of 11
Quote:

Yeah, well that arrow doesn't always show up when I'm browsing. I still think what I suggest would be good in addition to it. They are not mutually exclusive.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #6 of 11
ditto. clickable page numbers at the top as well as the bottom would be cool, too
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #7 of 11
BUMP!

Come on admin. This is a good idea.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #8 of 11
I've actually been thinking about trying to put the page numbers at the top lately. I'm not sure if the "...9, 10, 11" part is doable, though.

I'll look into it this week.
post #9 of 11
I like BR's idea a lot. Ars has this at the bottom of their forum pages and it's quite helpful (if you can remember what 'TGB says GPuL is on!' page you left off from anyways.... \ .)
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally posted by curiousuburb
ditto. clickable page numbers at the top as well as the bottom would be cool, too

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
I'll look into it this week.

I agree. T'would be nice not to have to scoll to the bottom to navigate pages within a thread. Thanks for looking into it.

-K
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally posted by Kabeyun
I agree. T'would be nice not to have to scoll to the bottom to navigate pages within a thread. Thanks for looking into it.

-K

Or scroll.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › 1, 2, 3, 4 .... Last page