or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › How do you unlock a thread

How do you unlock a thread

post #1 of 6
I found a thread of messages that would like to ask questions about but sombody locked it. How do I unlock it?

Kev
post #2 of 6
Threads are locked by the moderators usually when the conversation turns sour or repeats another thread. Normal users (like us) can't unlock a thread and mods rarely do. Your best bet is to find a similar thread and post your question there. You could start another thread and hopefully the mods won't lock it (they won't if it has purpose). Question is, do you feel lucky?8)
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
post #3 of 6
You don't.

We do.

If a topic was locked, it's very likely there was a good reason for it, such as violating the Posting Guidelines or just getting out of hand in general.

If you have a question about a locked thread, contact a moderator about it. If you have a legitimate subject you'd like to continue out of an old thread; though, you can simply make a new one.
post #4 of 6
PayPal a moderator $5-10, depending on the thread. Drop us a PM and we'll send you a quote.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Earl
PayPal a moderator $5-10, depending on the thread. Drop us a PM and we'll send you a quote.

I thought you guys were incorruptable...?
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally posted by aquafire
I thought you guys were incorruptable...?

Heh. One of my selfless public servants, Rep. Jim Leach, runs on the platform that he can't be swayed with lobbyist money because he's independently wealthy.

By the same token, Earl can't be corrupted further because he's already beyond hope.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › How do you unlock a thread