or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Banner ads of AI

Banner ads of AI

post #1 of 9
I appreciate the non commercial nature of the banner ads here. But why is it like that? Are we seen upon as poor losers who it would be wasteful to target "real" ads towards? Or do the Macnn people just want to spread mac love and understand with their own money?

Like thanks but I don´t get it
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders the White
I appreciate the non commercial nature of the banner ads here. But why is it like that? Are we seen upon as poor losers who it would be wasteful to target "real" ads towards? Or do the Macnn people just want to spread mac love and understand with their own money?

Like thanks but I don´t get it

Count your blessings. Thank god we don't have to wade through crap...Anders...
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
post #3 of 9
in reference to the macnn stuff, i find it hilarious how many of their ads are for pc sfotware
ThunderPoit: ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US! YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!

savi: DONOT MOCK SADAMS WORDS!
ThunderPoit: ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US! YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!

savi: DONOT MOCK SADAMS WORDS!
post #4 of 9
Wrong forum.

Suggestions
For use in presenting us with feedback on the forums.

moving.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #5 of 9
It seems like all the banners are for nonprofit orginizations and "don't beat your bitch" causes. nothing wrong with that. But Apple banner ads would be nice. Or does Apple not support rumor sites AT ALL?
post #6 of 9
I have a personal grudge against public service announcements. (PSA's are the ads that don't sell anything but intend to manipulate your behavior) A great deal of research is used to find a target audience that needs the most improvement. By focusing so many ads towards me at AI, I get the sense they expect me to be a terrible person based on some half-assed research. That prejudice offends me because I am nothing like the people these ads are intended for, yet I am still subjected to these mind-warping demands. I was a actually a better person 3 years ago, before this ad campaign.
horrid misuse of cool technology
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #7 of 9
Ads? Heh...I remember those. Pesky little buggers.

-> <-
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Spart
Ads? Heh...I remember those. Pesky little buggers.

-> <-

It would be cool if that program came preset with the top 1,000 most popular blocked sites/settings based on submitions by users.
SSBA.COM
SSBA.COM
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by Ebby
I have a personal grudge against public service announcements.

*snip*

Get over it, Ebby. Paranoid much?

If trying to get you to conserve electricity, wear your seat belt, and recycle is what you consider manipulation...

...go someplace where you don't have electricity, can't drive, and your back yard is the land fill.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Banner ads of AI