or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › User Profile

User Profile

post #1 of 4
Hey! Your stupid User Profile control panel just told me that Age and Native Language were required fields. Of course, it wasn't smart enough to know that I'm not 996 years old (either that or I'm a front for The Entity) and that "ANSI Common Lisp" isn't a valid entry for native language
All these worlds are belong to us, except Europa. Take off no zigs there.
post #2 of 4
age/language is more to help us understand two things.

do your posts suck because you're not a native english speaker (and therefore the poor grammer/spelling is perfectly understandable) or do they suck because you're a kid and we should cut you some slack as the immaturity isn't your fault.

it helps keep people from jumping down the throats of those that may not deserve it.

of couse, you can put what you want in those fields, just understand that others will react accordingly.
post #3 of 4
I have to say I disagree with the concept of cutting kids slack in their spelling and grammar due to their age. It's not as if we're talking minor mistakes here and there, but a pattern of gross disregard for proper spelling and grammar of any sort - and we can fault them for that. No matter the age, that kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated - at least not in my view.

Understandable why you want them, though. I'll still keep my fake answers in
post #4 of 4
It should be noted that some moderators are more... forgiving in regards to cutting kids slack.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › User Profile