or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple leaks G5 specs

Apple leaks G5 specs - Page 27

post #1041 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by fatmac84
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the Frogs have posted benchmarks for the new 970's!!!!

http://www.macbidouille.com/niouzcon...ate=2003-05-05

Complete with english translations.

The Pentium snail will return!!

Wow, those are some amazing numbers. Tho, I don't see how they had access to all 3 units. Also, they mention a dual 1.8ghz, according the Apple's leak, the 1.8ghz was a single.
All Your PCs Are Belong To Trash
post #1042 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by fatmac84
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the Frogs have posted benchmarks for the new 970's!!!!

http://www.macbidouille.com/niouzcon...ate=2003-05-05

Complete with english translations.

The Pentium snail will return!!

Yeah thats old news it was pretty much agreeed that it was most likely fake
You Can Say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
You Can Say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
post #1043 of 1072
Does anyone know if the LCD Imac was immediately available to buy at the time it was revealed?
post #1044 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by iSegway
Does anyone know if the LCD Imac was immediately available to buy at the time it was revealed?

No. At least I remember waiting a month or so for the high end model.
post #1045 of 1072
The reason I ask is because I just don't see how the G5 will be immediately available to buy tomorrow since we don't have a more reliable leak(doesn't seem like it at least) of its appearance or other details.

Just doesn't make sense to me in this day and age. You can't keep anything a secret anymore.

I think the LCD Imac should be comprable though. That is why I am curious how much info was known about it and when it was available to buy after its reveal.

Maybe Jobs and Apple use some kind of incentive to make their employees keep it secret? Anyone know?
post #1046 of 1072
Quote:
Maybe Jobs and Apple use some kind of incentive to make their employees keep it secret? Anyone know?

The only thing that kept me from talking about the flat pannel iMac was my NDA. I love Apple and I personally would not have wanted to do anything to hurt the company, or my future career...
post #1047 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Jared
The only thing that kept me from talking about the flat pannel iMac was my NDA. I love Apple and I personally would not have wanted to do anything to hurt the company, or my future career...

Still at Apple?

How long is the NDA binding?

If said NDA has expired, spill the beans on all the other interesting things you saw that never made it to market.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #1048 of 1072
Quote:

Yeah, leak info and they fire your ass and then Steve comes over and pisses on your remains. I know people at Apple. Beyond confirming that they still work at Apple, they say NOTHING.
The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'.
The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'.
post #1049 of 1072
Quote:

Can you talk about how you learned about it; did you work for apple? How long before the rest of the world did you learn about it? What was your original reaction to it? What does the NDA look like -- what are the restrictions?
post #1050 of 1072
Quote:
Can you talk about how you learned about; did you work for apple? How long before the rest of the world did you learn about it? What was your original reaction to it? What does the NDA look like -- what are the restrictions?

All excellent questions. Yes, Jared tell us all.
Attention Internet Users!

"it's" contraction of "it is"
"its" possessive form of the pronoun "it".

It's shameful how grammar on the Internet is losing its accuracy.
Attention Internet Users!

"it's" contraction of "it is"
"its" possessive form of the pronoun "it".

It's shameful how grammar on the Internet is losing its accuracy.
post #1051 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by audiopollution
Still at Apple?

How long is the NDA binding?

If said NDA has expired, spill the beans on all the other interesting things you saw that never made it to market.

lol Nope, I am not. I do not know anything about what is currently going on.
post #1052 of 1072
Quote:

Not very convincing.
post #1053 of 1072
Quote:

OK, we all know you know something. NDA or not. Does your NDA explicitly say you can't tell about NDA itself? Does it state you must deny your being under said NDA?
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. Putts Law
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. Putts Law
post #1054 of 1072
Quote:

it was avaiable to order, but not for sale at any stores...i was one of the first in the US to get one...most got tied up in customes in alaska for some reason...somehow my palette slipped by and got delivered faster...
i ordered mine moments after the keynote and it was delivered about 3 weeks later...ahhh, goodtimes, goodtimes

g
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #1055 of 1072
post #1056 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by iDrool

This looks like my toaster.

Guided By Toast...
post #1057 of 1072
I wouldn't even buy a toaster that looked like that..\
post #1058 of 1072
Quote:

That looks like it got lost in a 50s timewarp!?
B&W G3/350 22" La Cie II, 12" PowerBook, 67 Mustang, 96 Honda Pan European
B&W G3/350 22" La Cie II, 12" PowerBook, 67 Mustang, 96 Honda Pan European
post #1059 of 1072
Quote:

Yikes!!!!! I can design a prettier machine than that, and I am not a very creative kind of guy. SST vs Al. I'll take Al anyday both for weight and heat transfer capability.
post #1060 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by rjwill246
Wow, your ignorance is only exceeded by your arrogance! MacBidouille nailed it and to claim coincidence is... well, I go back to my opening statement. Lionel, at MacBidouille, presented this info first, stuck by it despite comments from ignorant people like....... YOU!!! and he was right!!
What are you going to say when the G5s ship? "I must be seeing things," might be a good start, then hit yourself on the head and do us all a favour!

I'm sorry, did you say something?
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Carpe Aqua -- Snapz Pro X 2.0.2 for OS X..... Your digital recording device -- WireTap Pro 1.1.0 for OS X
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Carpe Aqua -- Snapz Pro X 2.0.2 for OS X..... Your digital recording device -- WireTap Pro 1.1.0 for OS X
post #1061 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by moki
I'm sorry, did you say something?

I'd say "two points for Moki" except I think it was a 3 pointer!
post #1062 of 1072
To be fair, my MacRumors transcript has his Jobsness saying "We are delivering today the Worlds Fastest Personal Computer". Maybe the transcript is wrong, but that's what it says. Caught up in his own RDF, I reckon...
post #1063 of 1072
He didn't mean deliver in the sense of shipping it to Joe Blow... he meant deliver in the sense of announcing.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #1064 of 1072
You mean "deliver" in the sense of "not delivering"? I see...
post #1065 of 1072
Quote:
deáliváer ÊÊ (ÊPÊ)ÊÊPronunciation KeyÊÊ(d-lvr)
v. deáliváered, deáliváeráing, deáliváers
v. tr.
1. To bring or transport to the proper place or recipient; distribute: deliver groceries; deliver the mail.

2. To surrender (someone or something) to another; hand over: delivered the criminal to the police.

3. To secure (something promised or desired), as for a candidate or political party: campaign workers who delivered the ward for the mayor.

4. To throw or hurl: The pitcher delivered the ball.

5. To strike (a blow).

6. To express in words; declare or utter: deliver a lecture.

7.a) To give birth to: She delivered a baby boy this morning.
b) To assist (a woman) in giving birth: The doctor delivered her of twins.
c) To assist or aid in the birth of: The midwife delivered the baby.

8. To give forth or produce: The oil well delivered only 50 barrels a day.

9. To set free, as from misery, peril, or evil: deliver a captive from slavery. See Synonyms at save1.

As you can see, deliver doesn't necessarily mean distribution.

post #1066 of 1072
Thank you for making that so clear. It was obviously meaning no 10: "to make vague or unspecified promises about delivery at some point in the future". Silly me!
post #1067 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by skunk
Thank you for making that so clear. It was obviously meaning no 10: "to make vague or unspecified promises about delivery at some point in the future". Silly me!

[MacGregor delivers a blow upside skunk's head.]
The Mother of all flip-flops!!
Support our troops by educating yourself and being a responsible voter. Democracy and Capitalism REQUIRE Intelligence and Wisdom if they are to be worth a damn beyond...
The Mother of all flip-flops!!
Support our troops by educating yourself and being a responsible voter. Democracy and Capitalism REQUIRE Intelligence and Wisdom if they are to be worth a damn beyond...
post #1068 of 1072
skunk, you obviously took it out of context. don't fault SJ for your ineptitude.

post #1069 of 1072
Ouch!
And I was only reading the transcript...
Anyway, I think they look GREAT. Good clean lines. Timeless. Now all we need is new displays, mouse and keyboard to match. Until then I'm sticking with the Cube and ACD. I love Lucite.
post #1070 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Gusman
I'd say "two points for Moki" except I think it was a 3 pointer!

Anyone can be cryptic and say a whole lot of nothing and come out seeming like they new something. You think Apple gave Moki's company G5s early.... why, to test their games? What are the minimum requirements of those anyway, G3? OS 8.6?
post #1071 of 1072
post #1072 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Akumulator
Anyone can be cryptic and say a whole lot of nothing and come out seeming like they new something. You think Apple gave Moki's company G5s early.... why, to test their games? What are the minimum requirements of those anyway, G3? OS 8.6?

I think moki came out and said, in a not totally straight forward method that the WHEN was what was not going to happen on this wonderful 23rd. It wasn't that cryptic, though I wish he were wrong in terms of shipping, but you know what, it's an ass kicking machine, and I have my dual 2.0 GHz on order already! Maybe it gets here in August, if not, a few weeks later. Maybe moki was guessing that shipping wouldn't happen right away, maybe he wasn't. His comments were correct, unlike many of the rumors sites.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple leaks G5 specs