or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple leaks G5 specs

Apple leaks G5 specs - Page 15

post #561 of 1072
Has Moki or New order weighed in on the leaked specs?
post #562 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by ena
I know, but after living at the 100mhz level for so long it's going to be great!

indeed
post #563 of 1072
WOW.

For the record. \

I was here too

Come to see my story.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...039#post385039
Guess! Who I was
Guess! Who I was
post #564 of 1072
as of a couple of minutes ago macNN still had the photo up....
post #565 of 1072
I've only been a rumor-monger since last August and this leak seems big. Is this the biggest leak evah? Has anything come close to topping this?
post #566 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by keyboardf12
Has Moki or New order weighed in on the leaked specs?

Moki hasn't weighed in, but he was among the first to see them. He posted the image on his own site briefly. He did later weigh in on the prospect of a 970 PB and said that wouldn't happen.

I think if he thought it was suspect he would have said so.

Haven't seen NewOrder.
The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'.
The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'.
post #567 of 1072
<comic book guy>BIGGEST LEAK EVER</comic book guy>
post #568 of 1072
Now we just have to wait for the 1.4 Gz Powerbook specs to be leaked this weekend.

Who ever thought a 1" laptop could have a 700 mzh bus, 4 Gigs of Ram, and 128 mb of video ram?
PC Free Since 1999

"Don't copy that floppy!"
PC Free Since 1999

"Don't copy that floppy!"
post #569 of 1072
Ha! What a thing to wake up to. I just spent the last 2 hours reading, no, skimming all these pages! I have nothing to add except, for JRC, "Wow."
post #570 of 1072
Jun 20, 03 | 7:36 am ? Apple will provide a QuickTime version of Monday's announcements. "Tune-in on Monday afternoon June 23, 2003 to see a replay webcast of Steve Jobs' Worldwide Developers Conference keynote."

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc03/
post #571 of 1072
Erm... WoW.

The best news for me will be if this does happen (along with a 15inch PowerBook update), as I am going to be just about able to drop £1500 on a new Apple machine this summer to replace the iBook I sold in January (to pay off my postgrad debt) and the iMac I just gave to my mother to get her online.

Please make it be true!
post #572 of 1072
One question about Apple requests for removal:

How come that they ask to remove the pics only and not the written specs as seen on macminute.com?

I'm not that proficient in US laws but can they just request to have copyrighted material removed - e.g. the picture?
post #573 of 1072
Checking back in after a night's sleep...

Glad I saw it for myself last night. Online press has jumped all over this!

I wouldn't want to be within 100 metres of Steve for the next four days.

Aw hell, sure I would.

Bring on that low, low pricing!
I'm not going anywhere.
I'm not going anywhere.
post #574 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Odedh
Jun 20, 03 | 7:36 am ? Apple will provide a QuickTime version of Monday's announcements. "Tune-in on Monday afternoon June 23, 2003 to see a replay webcast of Steve Jobs' Worldwide Developers Conference keynote."

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc03/

I want a live stream
post #575 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by bka77
I want a live stream

me too...i will look for a stream on cnn or msnbc or whoever...and will also be watching the iChat play by play...but you know i will also be watching that quicktime stream monday afternoon...

g
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #576 of 1072
"The life of a Mac head. They (we) spend months in hibernation, emerging approximately once every six months to perform a ritualistic dance said to bring enlightenment to the whole tribe..."

If these specs are right, I am so psyched. I just recently sold my Quicksilver and can't wait to pick up one of these.

Here's to hope....
post #577 of 1072
I will sacrifice a goat in honour of IBM if this is true.
iBook 800 with 10.2.6 - Various PC's with OpenBSD 3.3
iBook 800 with 10.2.6 - Various PC's with OpenBSD 3.3
post #578 of 1072
Dual 2Ghz + 1Ghz bus + 8X graphics + Quake III = 709
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
post #579 of 1072
post #580 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by coolmac
Did you see this?
http://www.sejus.com/earth2willi/for...opic.php?t=262

Thats false and copied by him from someone else.

Please disregard Big Willy
When the seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think that sardines will be thrown overboard.
When the seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think that sardines will be thrown overboard.
post #581 of 1072
Yeah, those pics were linked to earlier. They're fake: wrong font (Garamond) and they forgot to erase the speed holes in the tower's reflection in the image with the two displays.
post #582 of 1072
post #583 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by coolmac
Did you see this?
http://www.sejus.com/earth2willi/for...opic.php?t=262

This pic was debunked.

Can one imagine the Altivec speed on a 1GHZ BUS!??

How fast theoretically would a dual 2gig G5 on a 1 Ghz bus encode a six minute song into a 128bit AAC file? Programmer, anyone?

Holy Cow!
post #584 of 1072
Woohoo thanks to the G5 leak I've now made it over 100 posts.

Not bad in 18 months!!
post #585 of 1072
If true, I hope the DP 2giggers are real expensive and the SP are real cheap so that I can get a DP delivered before xmas (ie, so that no one wants to order the DP)
I heard that geeks are a dime a dozen, I just want to find out who's been passin' out the dimes
----- Fred Blassie 1964
I heard that geeks are a dime a dozen, I just want to find out who's been passin' out the dimes
----- Fred Blassie 1964
post #586 of 1072
FAKE!

Read the whole thread.
post #587 of 1072
argh.... please leave willy-dilly and his lousy fake mockups out of this thread...

thanks.

so, will there be any other kind of live-coverage from the keynote? chat/newsfeed/anything?
Unless this is a nude love-in, get the hell off of my property!
Unless this is a nude love-in, get the hell off of my property!
post #588 of 1072
WOWZER!

I came home last night just in time to catch it live on the Apple Store. Directed there by the BRussell'sfirst post on this thread. I stayed up til 4:00 AM refreshing this thread and others.

Great eye there BR! This could easily been missed, but now it will be forever part of Apple lore. Again, kudus to BRussell!

This changes everything. That the top end will deliver Intel crushing power and undeniable superiority for an "off the shelf" solution.

Over in the arse battlefront they are in denial:

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cat:
That's still around 10-30% behind Intel. These machines will still be priced into the stratosphere compared to PC's and run a fraction of the world's software. Combine this with piss-poor compilers for OS X, general OS X overhead and you've got yourself a loser.

Nothing to see here folks except another series of Apple paperweights.

Best advice is to load up on AAPL today as it is still in the teens. A window of opportunity to let AAPL buy your next system for you. I've been accumulating Apple stock for just over two years now in anticipation of this. Of course I was anticipating a Motorola G5 in '02 when I started. My how things have changed, overnight you might say.

Aphelion ...
OSX + Duals, Quads & Octos = World Domination
OSX + Duals, Quads & Octos = World Domination
post #589 of 1072
15 pages... and I read every single post. Damn.
post #590 of 1072
First post: 23:41 EDT
Current Time: 11:28 EDT

15 pages in under 12 hours, that has got to be a new record

Part of me wishes I had the money for a new computer, because if my PB G4 500 didn't look slow before, it's going to now. Another part of me is saying "yes, but just imagine what will be on the market by the time you do have the money/need for a new computer."

What a wonderful thing to wake up to
Room to Rant
Frodo's Notebook
Model: TiBook, Speed: 500mhz, RAM: 512 megs, OS: 10.4.1, Name: Rendezvous
Room to Rant
Frodo's Notebook
Model: TiBook, Speed: 500mhz, RAM: 512 megs, OS: 10.4.1, Name: Rendezvous
post #591 of 1072
If Apple were to announce anything this big on monday, wouldn't they stream the keynote on the web...?

food for thought
post #592 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Outsider
Steve is pissed.

that is hilarious. Did you make that, Outsider? Kudos to whomever did. That's great. I love it!
post #593 of 1072
it will be a dealyed stream monday afternoon.

prob. saves lots of money and gets the diehards to go to the apple store.
post #594 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Power Apple
If Apple were to announce anything this big on monday, wouldn't they stream the keynote on the web...?

They will - only not life: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc03/
post #595 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Power Apple

food for thought

they are webcasting it monday afternoon...this could easily be the new way apple does these things...live in person at the show and a sat. feed to apple stores to get people at the stores for the big event...then reshow it later that day for geeks like me that have no apple store yet still want to see the show...

g
post #596 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by thegelding
they are webcasting it monday afternoon...this could easily be the new way apple does these things...live in person at the show and a sat. feed to apple stores to get people at the stores for the big event...then reshow it later that day for geeks like me that have no apple store yet still want to see the show...

g

ok, makes sense
post #597 of 1072
I don't think they WWDC's have ever been streamed live - they post them for viewing later on. They did last year, anyway, so that's nothing new.
post #598 of 1072
iTMS unveiling was also posted later in the day. Nothing new for Apple. MSNBC.com may stream live, they did it for iTMS unveiling.
Things Ain't What They Seem!
Things Ain't What They Seem!
post #599 of 1072
Stream it live, you bastards, I'm not taking off work and driving to Plano!
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #600 of 1072
It may have already been posted but it looks like even CNN is on on the action now:

http://news.com.com/2100-1042_3-1019461.html

Of course they have the same stupid analysts predicting that this is just a temporary thing before moving to Intel because the IBM processor is "so far behind" Intel in terms of speed. Somebody shoot the bugger and put him out of his misery.
Providing grist for the rumour mill since 2001.
Providing grist for the rumour mill since 2001.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple leaks G5 specs