or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple leaks G5 specs

Apple leaks G5 specs - Page 16

post #601 of 1072
What speeds are other 64bit Processors running at now?
post #602 of 1072
I don't know what all the fuss is about.
If anything this leak, if true has caused more interest and promotion for Apple than if it would have if first released on Monday.

Remember promotion is good, and the more you get the more interest in your product.
This could actiually be a blessing in disguise.
post #603 of 1072
WHERE IS LEMON BON BON????

Must have passed out somewhere from the news....
post #604 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by MrSparkle

I recall an article on the register a few days ago stating that the 64bit opteron due for fall release has an initial speed of 1.8Ghz.
post #605 of 1072
OMFG!!!!!!!!!
Former WWDC Watchdog.
Former WWDC Watchdog.
post #606 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by NETROMac
OMFG!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning :-)
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? _(W.C. Fields)
post #607 of 1072
HOLY SH!T. That is all for now.
CARTHAGO DELENDA EST
CARTHAGO DELENDA EST
post #608 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by piwozniak
Good Morning :-)

Thanks

Hasn't got my ADSL up and running at home yet, so I can't be as UTD as I wan't to be. Just logged in from my parents now to check if there was any news, and I have to say I'm blown away.

BTW has anybody woken LBB up yet???
Former WWDC Watchdog.
Former WWDC Watchdog.
post #609 of 1072
Have the Admins and Kasper Jade given any clue as to these specs being the same they had from their source?
post #610 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by MrSparkle

600Mhz, 900mhz, 1Ghz, 1.05Ghz, 1.2Ghz, at least the Sun UltraSparc III 64bit CPUs.

-M
post #611 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by zon7
lol mockup
Jobs praying
T-shirts

Good idea... check page 3 or 4...

edit: okay, okay, page 5.
post #612 of 1072
maybe LBB is helping JYD limber up for his Monday autofellatio performance
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #613 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by JRC
(I have been unable to post!)

Anyway, I think this thread should be a sort of ROLL CALL. Every registered user should at least post here, even if just to say WOW!

JRC - oldest known AI forum registrant.

ok...

WOW! (:
post #614 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Programmer
It may have already been posted but it looks like even CNN is on on the action now:

http://news.com.com/2100-1042_3-1019461.html

That's CNet, not CNN.

If even CNN picks this up...
post #615 of 1072
I registered here a few days back, never visited an apple rumor board before. Are things always as entertaining around here?

oh, and WOW
It's Better To Be Hated For What You Are Than To Be Loved For What You Are Not
It's Better To Be Hated For What You Are Than To Be Loved For What You Are Not
post #616 of 1072
I couldn't post earlier because of work, but now that I can, I have only two things to say;

F*cking hell.

I so want the dual 2ghz.

Peace,

Marc

P.S. I really hope the web guy got away before the Fedayeen Steve swung into action...
post #617 of 1072
WOW++
post #618 of 1072
If this doesn't end up being a hoax or hack...

OMFG WOW!

Quicksilver on eBay this weekend!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #619 of 1072
Ok, I'll bite:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW.

Thoth
You can fly?!?
No. Jump good.
You can fly?!?
No. Jump good.
post #620 of 1072
WOW...
Someones head is going to roll.
I gotta get me one of those DUAL 2Ghz Monsters.

Macaddict16

By the way this thread is growing at an astonishing rate.
post #621 of 1072
To the naysayers who claim it's a fake and that Apple NEVER do this...
Don't you remember the LCD iMac intro and how Time managed to leak the pics of the design a day early?

oh and WOW
na-na na-na na-na na-na
na-na na-na na-na na-na
na-na na-na na-na na-na
Batman!
na-na na-na na-na na-na
na-na na-na na-na na-na
na-na na-na na-na na-na
Batman!
post #622 of 1072
better stick my oar in WOW!!
Where is LBB? Maybe he died and went to (apple) heaven!
Idiot, slow down....

- The Tourist, Radiohead
Idiot, slow down....

- The Tourist, Radiohead
post #623 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Maat23
I recall an article on the register a few days ago stating that the 64bit opteron due for fall release has an initial speed of 1.8Ghz.

So if we have what could conceivably be the fastest 64bit processor shipping, why are all these stupid journalists saying it's a stepping stone to eventually being on Intel processors?
post #624 of 1072
Apple will blow Intel out if these specs are true and I think they are 99% possibly that!
I'm all busted up, Broken bones and
nasty cuts, Accidents will happen but
this time I cant get up.
this time I cant get up.
post #625 of 1072
Incredible! Followed this thread really soon after this was discovered last night. Finally went to bed when the thread was like 7 pages and now it is 16! Anyways, I am glad to see Slashdot picked up on this. As mentioned before, I think this is generating a TON of "free" advertising for Apple....
1 Peter 1:6-7
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1.25 gigs ram.

Powermac G4 "Sawtooth" 400 mhz, 80gig hd, 384mb of ram, Rage 128 Pro graphics.
1 Peter 1:6-7
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1.25 gigs ram.

Powermac G4 "Sawtooth" 400 mhz, 80gig hd, 384mb of ram, Rage 128 Pro graphics.
post #626 of 1072
err.wow?
post #627 of 1072
Old news man... old news... I just wanna know about the 980 now...

D
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
post #628 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by SpcMs
I registered here a few days back, never visited an apple rumor board before. Are things always as entertaining around here?

oh, and WOW

Nope, this is probably as wild as it'll ever get IMHO.

You picked the best possible time to join in the fun. Prepare to be underwelmed as things get back to normal on Monday, Temp. Insanity gets shut down and the usual:

"When is the iPhone coming?",

"CONFIRMED: iTablet seen by some flunky, forkliftdriving, Taiwanese making plastic right now.",

"kormac666: part 2 coming: Good topic for MWSF will be QT 8.66 mpeg-8"

threads start back up in FH.

For now though: WOW
post #629 of 1072
Wow.

I was thinking 1.4, 1.6 and 1.8.

To be clear I wasn't thinking 2.0 gigga hurts.
meh
meh
post #630 of 1072
Well I will have to say this. There are less knuckle headed trolls around these days saying :

" This couldn't be true. Apple will never catch up to a PC. How silly. "

From what I've read around the web I have a feeling this is the real deal.
Monday is going to be really interesting. I think it could be that Apple's days of PC hardware leaving a Powermac looking really underpowered are over!

It also means the days of looking at my computer ( a G4 ) as old Apple technology that they used to make have returned.

VIVA LA POWERMAC G5!

After all this time it feels like a dream.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #631 of 1072
Last night = The Best Mac Induced Rumor High Ever!! Whoops, I mean "Evar!!!"
"Its a good thing theres no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
"Its a good thing theres no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
post #632 of 1072
This is possibly the best thing in 5 years to happen, if its all true...sorry i wont talk about this anymore im just so excited.
this time I cant get up.
this time I cant get up.
post #633 of 1072
W00t! Maxors p0wn nub PC uzars!

Come Monday it will be fair game to crush every damn PC troll that insists on degrading the Mac with 133t speak. Die PC troll Die!
-Apple Press Release
-Apple Press Release
post #634 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Programmer
It may have already been posted but it looks like even CNN is on on the action now:

http://news.com.com/2100-1042_3-1019461.html

Of course they have the same stupid analysts predicting that this is just a temporary thing before moving to Intel because the IBM processor is "so far behind" Intel in terms of speed. Somebody shoot the bugger and put him out of his misery.

Yeah-- where do these analysts come from? Do they even research anything?

Quote:
Some say the move to IBM may only be an interim step, with Apple's real future stemming from porting its operating system to Intel-based chips. Bear Stearns' Neff, among others, has called on Apple to make such a move.

IDC analyst Roger Kay said that, although the move to IBM offers benefits, it does not allow Apple to control its own destiny. Apple is still "dependent on IBM to keep moving the Power chip forward. You wonder how much stomach IBM has for that, given the size of Apple's market and whatever IBM is doing" with that chip.

"...it does not allow Apple to control its own destiny." And going with Intel is better how...?

IBM has it's own agenda with the 970, and Apple benefits. IBM also has a really expensive fab that needs to make parts. Heck, it's making stuff for AMD. I better stop-- to much rich Bavarian food has had a bad effect on my blood pressure.
Die Grüne Hölle - Gute Fahrt
Die Grüne Hölle - Gute Fahrt
post #635 of 1072
WOW, I'm now temporarily insane till Monday. Hope it's true, and that the dual's price will be within reason, just because that's what'll get. 8)
post #636 of 1072
Can't wait for Monday's headlines:

"New PowerMacs unveiled..."

"Apple enthusiast brakes his neck trying to perform unbelievable stunt of sucking his own..."

"Speechless Lemon found, disoriented, but experts agree it's condition is temporary and there are good chances of recovery"
post #637 of 1072
Remember that in 4 years, it'll seem as slow as a 350mhz G3 Blue and white tower...

still... WOW!
Matvei

"they want to be on 'God's' good side; they want to be saved; want 70 virgins, or raisins, or whatever . . ." -Pfflam
Matvei

"they want to be on 'God's' good side; they want to be saved; want 70 virgins, or raisins, or whatever . . ." -Pfflam
post #638 of 1072
man, how will I possibly be able to wait until monday?
wwdc is *sooo* far away...

oh and yeah, almost forgot: WOW!
looks like my QS will soon be replaced...
post #639 of 1072
Ah, just like the feeling of euphoria before the allies destroy the second Death Star:

"The shields are down, commence attack on Intel's main reactor!"

Jesus I'm sad.

Where's the vodka.

Oh and "WOW!"
post #640 of 1072
I forgot about Junkyard Dawgs promises! :eek:

No wonder he has been thin on the ground around here today...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple leaks G5 specs