or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple leaks G5 specs

Apple leaks G5 specs - Page 3

post #81 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by thegelding
apple released it on purpose...just like letting timecanada show the iMac2 first...it gets that AI crazies all ready for the show...i had my credit card out sitting in front of my computer waiting for SJ to finish is speech so i could order a year ago...i don't even need a computer right now and i am eyeing up my credit card to grab one of these puppies...

a pre-release "slip" to the fanboys gets them ready to buy, then the keynote shows it to the rest of the world that will order, but not in the first 5 minutes post keynote like we will...

g

I doubt it. That TimeCanada thing was a disaster. By the time the keynote was over, most people were talking about how lame it was cause they had already seen everything.
post #82 of 1072
Everyone knows, man, MacRumors' forums have been shafted from the traffic, the screenshots have been emailed to about any mac user with an interest in the subject...

it would suck if it was not correct...
post #83 of 1072
Store is down for maintenance right now. Wow.
post #84 of 1072
So, does anybody want to buy a kidney? Or maybe my left arm? I just hope the price isn't to high, there are only so many body parts I can sell to buy one of these.
post #85 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by thegelding
apple released it on purpose...just like letting timecanada show the iMac2 first...it gets that AI crazies all ready for the show...i had my credit card out sitting in front of my computer waiting for SJ to finish is speech so i could order a year ago...i don't even need a computer right now and i am eyeing up my credit card to grab one of these puppies...

a pre-release "slip" to the fanboys gets them ready to buy, then the keynote shows it to the rest of the world that will order, but not in the first 5 minutes post keynote like we will...

g

Are you suggesting this was a planned strategy on the part of Jobs?
Kind of far fetched but then again, Jobs' knows that AI folks are hanging on every rumour leading up to a major release. Perhaps revealing phoney specs if only for a few minutes would be one way he could get his kicks!
post #86 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Ensign Pulver
Uh, no. There is ZERO upside to Apple releasing this info on purpose. This is the mother of all f*ck ups.

This will be in the mainstream press by noon tomorrow. Not good.

by noon tommrow? TRY MOTHERFRIGGIN 4 AM THIS MORNING.

EVERY FINANACIAL CHANNEL IS GONNA REPORT THIS

APPLE STOCK IS GONNA GO UP LIKE A MOFO!

I almost wished apple released this info themselves on monday
You Can Say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
post #87 of 1072
Ok. I am amazed. If in the SOOOO unlikely event that the server was hacked, Apple is simply screwed by the amount of attention this is getting. But, I can only believe it is true. Now only to hope on the price so that I may get one in the near future. Oh my goodness! The specs look GREAT!
1 Peter 1:6-7
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1.25 gigs ram.

Powermac G4 "Sawtooth" 400 mhz, 80gig hd, 384mb of ram, Rage 128 Pro graphics.
1 Peter 1:6-7
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1.25 gigs ram.

Powermac G4 "Sawtooth" 400 mhz, 80gig hd, 384mb of ram, Rage 128 Pro graphics.
post #88 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by moki
Same as always.

lol, cryptic man.
All Your PCs Are Belong To Trash
post #89 of 1072
HOLY ****. I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING. THIS IS SOOOO HILARIOUS!!!. I CAN'T BELIEVE THE GUY WHO DID THIS!!! ok, breathe, calm down. Poor guy. I really can't stop laughing at the fact this happened. Looks like is it gonna be a great week next week.
post #90 of 1072
all i know is that you people seriously ****ed with my ability to sleep tonight...i will be jumping around to other websites to see the chatter this causes...which is kinda sad to admit...should have powered down the freakin computer 5 minutes sooner, would have gotten a better nights sleep...course i would have been kicking myself in the morning when i saw 5000 posts about the G5...

g
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #91 of 1072
I think I need to put off this whole engagement idea. Ring fund is now the Mac fund.

Sorry, baby, maybe next year!
proud resident of a failed state
post #92 of 1072
Ok, this is soo great..
how many times faster are these things going to be than whats currently out there? how much ass do these things really kick?
flick.
post #93 of 1072
Guys, lets keep it cool. As I stated above, the font used for the G5 specs is larger than the font used for every other product description.

This may seem minor, but as many of you know, pro web designers use templates to create the graphics so they are certain that everything is the same.

Before the site went down, I clicked on the iBook, Powerbook, iMac, and eMac, and all of them had the same smaller font, than was used to describe the "G5".

I'm just trying to keep everyone in check so we don't all get pissed on Monday.

\
wow my very own signature
wow my very own signature
post #94 of 1072
picture is gone
post #95 of 1072
The specs seem too unreal to be true. But, either way, I'll bite.

Now, what if the "leak" is not a mistake and these specs will officially debut on Apple's website tomorrow morning? My reasoning is that, although we all desperately need and wish for faaaaaaaaaster Macs, the real thing that drives us is MacOS X. Maybe Steve wanted to get the huge G5/970 surprise out of the way and focus on Panther and its alleged killer new features. Maybe a long shot, but still probable, albeit contrary to Apple's recent history of events.

AAPL should skyrocket when if ever these specs get *CONFIRMED* and we'll all live happily ever after.
post #96 of 1072
Odd how the site is down but the link to the picture still works. I hit refresh its not in my cache.
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
post #97 of 1072
Maybe Apple's not doomed

post #98 of 1072
Quote:
Uh, no. There is ZERO upside to Apple releasing this info on purpose. This is the mother of all f*ck ups.

This will be in the mainstream press by noon tomorrow. Not good.

Yeah, I'd imagine someone just used the wrong file name, and bam! Either that or Akamai messed up in some way. Regardless.... "yikes"

I would not want to be working at Apple tomorrow.
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Carpe Aqua -- Snapz Pro X 2.0.2 for OS X..... Your digital recording device -- WireTap Pro 1.1.0 for OS X
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Carpe Aqua -- Snapz Pro X 2.0.2 for OS X..... Your digital recording device -- WireTap Pro 1.1.0 for OS X
post #99 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Blizaine
Guys, lets keep it cool. As I stated above, the font used for the G5 specs is larger than the font used for every other product description.

This may seem minor, but as many of you know, pro web designers use templates to create the graphics so they are certain that everything is the same.

Before the site went down, I clicked on the iBook, Powerbook, iMac, and eMac, and all of them had the same smaller font, than was used to describe the "G5".

I'm just trying to keep everyone in check so we don't all get pissed on Monday.

\

They could very well be revamping their graphics to use a slightly bigger font. Relax, let us enjoy this.
post #100 of 1072
Of course, we *COULD* all be falling for the biggest yank on all of Macdom by some Dell-runnin' script kiddie... :P
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
post #101 of 1072
I have a very hard time believing the AppleStore was hacked.
post #102 of 1072
I just called 1-800-MY-APPLE
I told the Salesperson I wanted to buy a new Powermac with the Stated specs and she said and I quote "You can't buy that right now as Apple does not comment on or let you buy future products". It is CONFIRMED.

I don't use Windows because I am not fond of blue.
post #103 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by moki
I would not want to be working at Apple tomorrow.

I feel bad for those that put so much work into the products. So close, yet so far.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #104 of 1072
BUY YOUR STOCK NOW! PEOPLE NOW!
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
post #105 of 1072
So do I, but the alternative... er...

*SCHWING*
post #106 of 1072
I love it. "The world's fastest personal computer."

A big nice one-finger'ed salute to the entire Wintel world. Suck it Intel!
j00u = twh funnay.
j00u = twh funnay.
post #107 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by Kickaha
Of course, we *COULD* all be falling for the biggest yank on all of Macdom by some Dell-runnin' script kiddie... :P

If the hacker were a Mac hater, why would he post high end and believable specs? I don't think a hack job would be this subtle and elegant.
Attention Internet Users!

"it's" contraction of "it is"
"its" possessive form of the pronoun "it".

It's shameful how grammar on the Internet is losing its accuracy.

post #108 of 1072
Hah! Store is back up and the image is still there.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #109 of 1072
Having had a few minutes to consider it....

Unbelievable upgrade. After a megahertz drought that threatened to kill the Mac once and for all...the Heavens open.

Oh how lush and welcoming this new land will be.
I am the voice of reason
I am the voice of reason
post #110 of 1072
Well, the store is back up AND SO ARE THE G5'S TECH SPECS! Ahahahah madness
Computer: Cedric
Specs: eMac, 700MHz PowerPC G4, 384MB of RAM, 40GB HD, CD-RW drive, nVidia GeForce 2 MX, Mac OS X 10.1.5/Mac OS 9.2.2
Media: 1800 tunes, 78 photos, 3 movies, no DVD's.
Computer: Cedric
Specs: eMac, 700MHz PowerPC G4, 384MB of RAM, 40GB HD, CD-RW drive, nVidia GeForce 2 MX, Mac OS X 10.1.5/Mac OS 9.2.2
Media: 1800 tunes, 78 photos, 3 movies, no DVD's.
post #111 of 1072
Cant wait to see AAPL tomorrow, haha.
post #112 of 1072
apple store up.....image still there...hehehehehe
-spacemonk
-spacemonk
post #113 of 1072
sunova...that really is a sweet machine...now...bring on the quads!
post #114 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by KidRed
They could very well be revamping their graphics to use a slightly bigger font. Relax, let us enjoy this.

I can *confirm* that they are redesigning the store just a little.

this is the link for the image:http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/...t1powermac.gif

now, copy that into your browser and muck around with the numbers at the end.

See the difference.

[edit: oh damn, the changed image is already gone. i've got it saved on my hard drive if someone can host it for me.]
j00u = twh funnay.
j00u = twh funnay.
post #115 of 1072
Quote:
If the hacker were a Mac hater, why would he post high end and believable specs? I don't think a hack job would be this subtle and elegant.

If it were much more, we'd all be calling bogus, but this? This is just enough to make us all have geekgasms, and then look like hosers on Monday... as well as making Apple look beleaguered, not to mention what it'd do to the stock...
post #116 of 1072
The g5 specs are gone hit refresh cause its in ur cache

this is up now
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
But I'm not the only one

------- John Lennon
post #117 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by satchmo
Perhaps revealing phoney specs if only for a few minutes would be one way he could get his kicks!

That could only be true if the "fake" specs were an effort to lower expectations pre-event, and then Jobs could turn everyone's anger/disappointment around with the real (Better than expected) specs.

The fact that these specs are mind-blowing, in my mind, means they're credible. Jobs would NEVER release fake specs to whet the crowd's appetite, and then crush everyone's hopes later.

I mean, suppose on Monday it turns out to be 1.4, 1.6, dual 1.6. 30 minutes ago, we all would have cheered mightily at those numbers. After the leak, we'd all be a little bummed.

The specs are real.
Proud member of the Reality-based Community.
Proud member of the Reality-based Community.
post #118 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by BR
Hah! Store is back up and the image is still there.

No it's not, it's gone. Back to G4 specs with smaller font. Maybe it was a hack?

post #119 of 1072
This is what I see now that the store has come back up. Refresh your browers people. It is gone.

post #120 of 1072
Quote:
Originally posted by spacemonk
apple store up.....image still there...hehehehehe

It's 1.42 Ghz now. SOmeone call the apple store!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple leaks G5 specs