Originally posted by BostonMJH
The problem I see is that If I needed a new powerbook today great I might wait to see a 15" upgrade and buy it when it came out. But I looking to buy Feb/March next year. I will not buy a G4 Powerbook to run Panther, I will put off my purchase until I see a G5 PB.
My guess is that you might be able to get a G5 by then. I would say 60% possibility. The real question is when are the current powerbooks going to be updated (if they get updated in October, then no G5's for a while), and when will the G5 fo through its first die shrink?
The REAL question is how far along is Apple with making a new motherboard... oh wait, I just remembered that the 17 inch Al book has a new motherboard. I don't see Apple using that motherboard for less than a year, so I think that a 970 is quite a ways away.Here is the test:
If the new 15 has a new mobo, then it is going to be a very long time until we get a 970 powerbook. If the new 15 is the same mobo, then a 970 is near(er).
I'm rambling. Why is my code profiler so slow?