or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › New PowerBooks tomorrow.

New PowerBooks tomorrow.  

post #1 of 874
I am almost certain.
post #2 of 874
i bet you are wrong.
post #3 of 874
ok, i'll take a 17.
post #4 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by mania
i bet you are wrong.

Just wait.
post #5 of 874
Doesn't Apple typically do its announcements on a Tuesday?
Proud member of the Reality-based Community.
Proud member of the Reality-based Community.
post #6 of 874
I'll second that prediciton.
post #7 of 874
I'll let Junkyard Dawg suck his own D***K if this becomes true
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #8 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by hmurchison
I'll let Junkyard Dawg suck his own D***K if this becomes true

Since when did D**K have 5 letters?
post #9 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by soulcrusher
I am almost certain.

why are you almost certin...if this is tru perhaps i'd grab a laptop instead of a tower!
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #10 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by hmurchison
I'll let Junkyard Dawg suck his own D**K if this becomes true

I'll give myself anilingus if this is true.
I'm RICH beotch!!!
I'm RICH beotch!!!
post #11 of 874
at least say TUESDAY.
post #12 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by soulcrusher
I am almost certain.

And how do you come to this conclusion?
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
post #13 of 874
what do you base this on==no where else in the www does it even suggest a new pb this week except macwispers prior to dev meeting and they were chided for overly optomistic wanting where is the "beef" show me where or is this a dream someone had

you can't just say it without substantiation only "good" or near certain substantiated things should be posted or get demarits.
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #14 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by bih
Since when did D**K have 5 letters?

It's the British spelling.
post #15 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by NOFEER
what do you base this on==no where else in the www does it even suggest a new pb this week except macwispers prior to dev meeting and they were chided for overly optomistic wanting where is the "beef" show me where or is this a dream someone had

you can't just say it without substantiation only "good" or near certain substantiated things should be posted or get demarits.

Periods and commas are your friend.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #16 of 874

Funniest thread EVA..... uh, all weekend.
Aldo is watching....
Aldo is watching....
post #17 of 874
Okay, new rule: when doing a thread like this and you're just SPECULATING, do us all a favor and include an all-important "?" in your thread title, so idiots like me don't practically shatter their patella scooting up close to their desk to read this latest "scoop".

Seriously: "New PowerBooks tomorrow?" has the appropriate approach/vibe to it...
post #18 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by pscates
Okay, new rule: when doing a thread like this and you're just SPECULATING, do us all a favor and include an all-important "?" in your thread title, so idiots like me don't practically shatter their patella scooting up close to their desk to read this latest "scoop".

Seriously: "New PowerBooks tomorrow?" has the appropriate approach/vibe to it...

I know, i hate that
post #19 of 874
Or what about:

CONFIRMED?: New tri-processor PowerBooks with Marble Casing tomorrow!
Aldo is watching....
Aldo is watching....
post #20 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by Moogs
Or what about:

CONFIRMED?: New tri-processor PowerBooks with Marble Casing tomorrow!

post #21 of 874
Then he gets a smack, courtesy of the AI Honorary Moe Howard Assault Brigade.
post #22 of 874
Now that we have crushed soulcrushers balls, let's give a chance to redeem himself.

Soulcrusher - Read carefully:
How did you come to the conclusion we'll see new PowerBooks tomorrow?
post #23 of 874
care to provide a bit more detail?
what?
what?
post #24 of 874
If this is true, then its more than likely it will be a G4 upgrade.
If the powerbooks were to be announced as G5's then it would be a published 'apple event' webcast?, although i doubt SJ would miss up the opportunity to showcase the worlds fastest laptop!.

Must.....have......G5 Powerbook.....NOW......
post #25 of 874
i'm telling u what do you think happened to the 1.2 and 1.4 970's

man this would be a dream come tru...and it would make apple look like god...at least for their pro line

unless he is just completely purposly lying...he did use a '.' after his statement so it seems he is making a statement and not just pulling this out of thin air

haha if he would be right he would be the man...look at this thread watch teh views jump
post #26 of 874
I don't want to give soul crusher any more merit - because he has done a chew and screw here, but!

Tomorrow starts the National Educational Computing Conference in Seattle, WA. Like I have said in other threads, if this is truly the "year of the notebook," and Apple is into education, they may have something to show the education market this week, besides, of course, the lower priced G4 towers and new G5s.

The NECC is shown as an event on Apple's Hot News page, and Apple is an exibitor there. The event started today and runs through Wednesday, July 2nd.
post #27 of 874
1-2day at the apple store...though i guess that doesn't mean anything

if it is tru they wont be shipping till august or later i'd bet
post #28 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by ast3r3x
i'm telling u what do you think happened to the 1.2 and 1.4 970's

Unlikely. If Apple has 970 PB's ready to announce Monday, they would have announced them during WWDC.

New G4 15.4" PB's, now that could happen.
post #29 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by opuscroakus
Unlikely. If Apple has 970 PB's ready to announce Monday, they would have announced them during WWDC.

New G4 15.4" PB's, now that could happen.

perhaps you didnt' see the '' but oh well'

yeah i would expect updated 15" PB's although if it would be 970...it would be the 1.4 adn 1.2 970 right? haha still kidding
post #30 of 874
Quote:
1-2day at the apple store...though i guess that doesn't mean anything

A poster in this thread over at MacRumors says:

Quote:
Shipping delays

This is certainly interesting timing! I had an order in at the Apple Store for Education for a 1GHz 15" PowerBook that was supposed to ship today. I just got an e-mail saying that "due to an unexpected supply delay" they had to delay shipping until 7 July.

If you head over to PowerBook Central's website, you will see that they say:

Quote:
PowerBooks: Up to 3-5 day wait at The Apple Store
Saturday, June 28 2003 @ 9:41 AM CT | Article Link
All five PowerBook models went from Same Day shipping at The Apple Store to 1-2 days and 3-5 days overnight. The 12" Combo PowerBook has a 3-5 day wait, while all other models are now listed with a 1-2 day wait.

We all know from experience that when the store changes availability that updated products are on the horizon. Therefore, given what I've seen in those two websites, something is about to happen. Whether it's tomorrow or not, that's another question.
post #31 of 874
As much as I want to see new PowerBooks -- I REALLY WANT A NEW 15 -- I worry if Apple is to release PowerBooks tomorrow. That would mean they are essentially giving up the honeymoon on the new G5. That worries me for some reason. Can the new PowerBooks not take away from this?
post #32 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by DHagan4755
As much as I want to see new PowerBooks -- I REALLY WANT A NEW 15 -- I worry if Apple is to release PowerBooks tomorrow. That would mean they are essentially giving up the honeymoon on the new G5. That worries me for some reason. Can the new PowerBooks not take away from this?

last week the big news as apple's new g5...still big but starting to slow down

this week the big news is apple's new powerbook, and articles mention about how apple just releasted the new g5 last week

see how apple stays in teh news but all the products are talked about?

i'm not saynig they will but when u want to stay in teh news with new and exciting products you stretch out announcements of major hardware
post #33 of 874
Quote:
last week the big news as apple's new g5...still big but starting to slow down

this week the big news is apple's new powerbook, and articles mention about how apple just releasted the new g5 last week

see how apple stays in teh news but all the products are talked about?

i'm not saynig they will but when u want to stay in teh news with new and exciting products you stretch out announcements of major hardware

i guess you are right, but that isn't what Apple would do, they never did it in the past, but you never know
post #34 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by MacUsers
i guess you are right, but that isn't what Apple would do, they never did it in the past, but you never know

very true...i just think it makes sense but i know what you mean

it would be really good for apple if they would have two kick'n pro machines
post #35 of 874
I think with the recent change in availability from "Same day shipping" to "1-2 days shipping" is a sign of something. I mean it was "same day" for some two months. Combine this with the poster at MacRumors who just ordered and got the unexpected delay...something is UP!!! And we all know it's time for new PowerBooks for crying out loud!
post #36 of 874
I would be very surprised if they are not announced within a week or two...

Barto
Self Indulgent Experiments keep me occupied.

rotate zmze pe vizspygmsr minus four
Self Indulgent Experiments keep me occupied.

rotate zmze pe vizspygmsr minus four
post #37 of 874
So Barto, you too think they will be announced tomorrow? I can't say as I agree either way.
post #38 of 874
36 new replies seems to be a lot of talk over absolutely no real information
post #39 of 874
post #40 of 874
Quote:
Originally posted by courtland80
36 new replies seems to be a lot of talk over absolutely no real information

possibly because powerbooks need to be updated and everyone wnats this...even if it isn't tru...but hopefully is
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › New PowerBooks tomorrow.